Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
To do what exactly? They're shite teams anyway, ain't winning anything and will just provide circus for the masses.

Would be more interesting if there was a Balkan Cup or Eastern Europe Cup or something.
What about Romania? Why play sports at all if the strong teams win anyway? You just don’t get it.

Maradona37

What fresh air do they bring apart from being shit? They fight for sticking foot in the door with other shit teams, while we already know almost all the teams that will get to the knockouts before the tournament began. Yeah, i get that people from these countries are having fun. Then rather make a big one round playoff with all the European nations instead. At least in such format you can expect some fun for everybody due to unpredictability. The group stages been complete snoozefest as per usual.
I know what you mean, but at least they're giving it a go despite being inferior teams. It cannot always be about Spain, Germany, France etc.

But overall I would much prefer it to go back to 16 teams (won't happen). Or skip the round of 16 and do group winners and two best runners up go straight to QF. Now that could be brilliant.

Maradona37

To do what exactly? They're shite teams anyway, ain't winning anything and will just provide circus for the masses.

Would be more interesting if there was a Balkan Cup or Eastern Europe Cup or something.
It's not about winning for these smaller nations. if Slovakia were to make a QF (unlikely but you never know with how England are playing) it would be like winning it for them. They're already ecstatic at making it into the knockout stage, even if it in third place

Ultimately only one team can win and the beauty of football is making memories.

Temptation

People saying that 16 teams format was better are the international football equivalent of people who want the Super League in club football.

It's a result of elitist mindset where only the top 8 teams matter and anyone else is irrelevant.

In reality 16 teams format sucked for all countries except the few giants of International football like Germany, France, Italy etc.

It basically made qualifying for Euros as hard as qualifying for WC and meant that the vast majority of European nations only saw their country play on an international tournament once every blue moon.

Literally every other continent has their continental cup accessible to teams of lesser quality, but certain morons want to retain their elitism and prevent most of their continent to even compete or dream.

Going back to 16 teams would basically mean denying the many European fans the joy of ever seeing their national team play on the big international stage.

Maradona37

People saying that 16 teams format was better are the international football equivalent of people who want the Super League in club football.

It's a result of elitist mindset where only the top 8 teams matter and anyone else is irrelevant.

In reality 16 teams format sucked for all countries except the few giants of International football like Germany, France, Italy etc.

It basically made qualifying for Euros as hard as qualifying for WC and meant that the vast majority of European nations only saw their country play on an international tournament once every blue moon.

Literally every other continent has their continental cup accessible to teams of lesser quality, but certain morons want to retain their elitism and prevent most of their continent to even compete or dream.

Going back to 16 teams would basically mean denying the many European fans the joy of ever seeing their national team play on the big international stage.
I guess I am in a bit of both then, because I really enjoy seeing the lesser teams get a chance but prefer the more symmetrical format of 16 teams.

You could go to 32. Sweden, Norway, Iceland, the Irelands, Bosnia and a couple of others could add to the tournament. Then have top two qualify. Or, as I said, group winners and two best runners up, but again that favours the better teams.

I am definitely not an elitist, it's just the symmetry of the previous format was better. I actually think 32 would be better than 24 for that reason.

Temptation

How tf would the grumpy Maradona37 ever dream of rocking up in Germany full of delusions and dreams only to watch his team get a glorious beatdown in an exhilarating atmosphere, if it was only the 16 teams?!

Maradona37

How tf would the grumpy Maradona37 ever dream of rocking up in Germany full of delusions and dreams only to watch his team get a glorious beatdown in an exhilarating atmosphere if it was only 16 teams?!
Why you having a go you bellend? I have been defending the smaller teams - read my posts properly...

The point I am making is the FORMAT. Third place qualifiers can dilute the group stage. I even just said I would prefer even more teams to 24 for that reason.

Also I don't even support Scotland, I couldn't give a fuck about them.

Don't have a go at me for no reason just because Portugal and Ronaldo are shite.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

So? Let's play everyone in Final tournament and let's not pick a winner as to not offend anybody. :lol:

Qualifications are part of the whole tournament and it is exciting as teams actually get to experience playing at their home in front of their own fans.

Euro is just a final phase as it should be.

Having said that Europe should have even more spots at Fifa World Cups as continental associations should be judged by their quality and merit.

And yes, in a world where sports/football is major measuring stick places like Qatar/Saudi Arabia shouldn't even be considered as hosts.

But it is what it is.

Temptation

Why you having a go you bellend? I have been defending the smaller teams - read my posts properly...

The point I am making is the FORMAT. Third place qualifiers can dilute the group stage. I even just said I would prefer even more teams to 24 for that reason.

Also I don't even support Scotland, I couldn't give a fuck about them.

Don't have a go at me for no reason just because Portugal and Ronaldo are shite.
Was just joking. Relax. :lol:

Maradona37

Was just joking. Relax. :lol:
OK fair enough. Hard to tell sarcasm on here or jokes in written form. I apologise.

But on a serious note, I do agree with you - other than the format. I just am not sure about third place qualifiers as it has ruined many of the round 3 games.

Maradona37

They could do the group winners and two best runners up as said. Obviously the likes of France and England would be more switched on from the start, but if that was the format, France would be out, Austria would be through, and England could have come close to being out too.

Lots of jeopardy and one less knockout round to win it. High risk, high reward. It feels better than only eliminating a third of the field after 36 games.

On the other hand, it could lead to a lot of dead rubber games because many teams will be out of contention for a top spot after two games.

CatalinR10

Gqs9ROo.jpeg

Sup pussios what's good ?

France , Germany , Spain , Portugal , Belgium running to the left side of the table cause they're scared of the Goated team.

England , you're next pal.

Home of Barca Fans