Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

Maybe I am just a pessimist but part of me is worried England are gonna do it.

Can imagine Spain dominating them and missing chance after chance, then England scoring the winner with a set piece.

Spain are obviously the better TEAM, but finals tend to be close. I am still gonna predict 2-0 or 2-1 ESP though.

JohnN

Just watched the 2012 finals.

Spain Played
Alonso
Busquet
Cesc
D.Silva
Iniesta
Xavi

As their front 6.

Brah what in the Actual flying Dutchman, that was some kind of cheat code.
They had no forwards or wingers. Villa was injured and Torres was in the worst form of his life.

JohnN

Maybe I am just a pessimist but part of me is worried England are gonna do it.

Can imagine Spain dominating them and missing chance after chance, then England scoring the winner with a set piece.

Spain are obviously the better TEAM, but finals tend to be close. I am still gonna predict 2-0 or 2-1 ESP though.
Main reasons I want Spain to win it.
1: The only team with an identity and cohesion.
2. They play beautifull football ( until they are ahead and De la Fuente makes them numb)
3. Yamal.. I don't want to him to start his career with a big loss. A Euro win could boost his confidence immensely.

Maradona37

Main reasons I want Spain to win it.
1: The only team with an identity and cohesion.
2. They play beautifull football ( until they are ahead and De la Fuente makes them numb)
3. Yamal.. I don't want to him to start his career with a big loss. A Euro win could boost his confidence immensely.
Yes those are good reasons to support Spain in the game.

Maradona37

True. Funnily enough, despite its dominance, that summer was the beginning of the end for Tiki-Taka
Do you think Pep leaving Barca and thus his influence on the club and Spanish football made a big difference? Or was more key the fact that Xavi - the heartbeat of tiki-taka- was ageing and starting to decline.

Spain in Brazil looks an entirely different team in style and performances to Spain in Ukraine/Poland.

bismp

Do you think Pep leaving Barca and thus his influence on the club and Spanish football made a big difference? Or was more key the fact that Xavi - the heartbeat of tiki-taka- was ageing and starting to decline.

Spain in Brazil looks an entirely different team in style and performances to Spain in Ukraine/Poland.
That's an interesting question. It's a little bit of both actually.

But it is quite interesting (and sad) that Tiki-Taka was at its peak in 2011, was still dominant in 2012 and then fell off massively in 2013, not only for Barca but also for Spain. By 2014, it was already dead.

Givenchy

Spain need to do this for football. It would be disgusting watching Southgate knighted and the players MBE'd after winning a Euro's playing Denmark, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Switzerland and the Dutch managed by Koeman. What an absolute joke of a draw they've had and still struggled.

I'm English and 9/10 I'm behind the team but this tournament I really can't understand the excitement or the "It's coming home". It just feels flat.

Windhook

Pre-tournament felt for me like it's time for England to finally win something. My other pick were Netherlands out of sympathy. Didn't expect Spain to play this great, they totally deserve the trophy. I'll be rooting for Spain on Sunday.

Last edited:

Catta

Why is the final on a Suday and not Saturday. Makes no sense. Copa final also, could have been a great night for football fans, but most people also have to wake up early on Monday.

Home of Barca Fans