Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

They did make it to the final though, so can't be that awful, despite having a very fortunate draw.

You are talking about passing game... Foden was player of the season in Pep's City, Walker and Stones are also there, Saka is there, Rice is there, those are top players who play for possession dominant, Spanish coached teams and they perform well in them.
They made it to the final. They were outplayed by Slovakia and Swiss, and relied on moments. You're proving my point that the likes of Bellend is a moments player - invisible entire game then a worldie vs Slovakia. Ditto the Swiss - outplayed then score from a Saka hail mary, win on pens.

City are a unique case in England. They play more like a La Liga team. And as I said earlier, I think Foden looks better because of Pep's coaching.

Stones I do rate. Walker uses his substantial pace to cover for his poor defending. It gets him out of holes.

Rice is not a top player, don't buy the hype, he's a slightly above average player. Good positionally but very limited on the ball. Look how badly he was dominated tonight. Saka is a quality player but will never get anywhere near someone like Salah's level. He doesn't have it in him.

They're a moments team who can't play technical football. Southgate or not. Bring Pep in I still don't think they can play like Spain.

Rory

England knighted their players for a WC semi-final appearance in 2018 lol.

Nothing against Englishmen here (no hate on them), but the antics of the English hierarchy and media is the reason why everyone hates them.
😂They didn’t knight them. Think only Rashford has some award for stuff outside of football

Maradona37

I assume if you replaced Southgate with Pep, Rice would suddenly transform tonight from carthorse to Rijkaard.

Southgate is clueless, but it is lazy and cheap to assume they're wank just because of him. The players have to take SOME responsibility too.

Managers aren't magicians.

Givenchy

England knighted their players for a WC semi-final appearance in 2018 lol.

Nothing against Englishmen here (no hate on them), but the antics of the English hierarchy and media is the reason why everyone hates them.
Yeah it's rewarding failure, everyone gets a medal for competing type shit. Won't be surprised if they still knight Southgate.

Maradona37

They did make it to the final though, so can't be that awful, despite having a very fortunate draw.

You are talking about passing game... Foden was player of the season in Pep's City, Walker and Stones are also there, Saka is there, Rice is there, those are top players who play for possession dominant, Spanish coached teams and they perform well in them.
Yeah, and it's generally the foreigners in the teams who run the teams.

Bring all the English lads together and tonight is what you get.

KingLeo10

😂They didn’t knight them. Think only Rashford has some award for stuff outside of football
Didn't Harry Kane become MBE or something after the WC 2018?

I'm not too familiar with English traditions, so apologies for the error.

Still weird to me how you hand out "trophies" for being a semi-finalist lol.

Maradona37

The 'Royal' Family and the 'honours system' are among the very worst things about Britain.

Bunch of inbred, parasitic, gangster cunts.

jamrock

The crazy bit about Southgate is that he just basically except picking the same XI, who have been horrible the entire tournament.

What was his thinking, we are going to keep lucking our way to the win?

How does Palmer not start, Watkins

Rory

Not sure on Kane tbh but might have been for becoming England top goal scorer. If that WC did influence the decision then it’s mad pathetic of course.

Rory

The crazy bit about Southgate is that he just basically except picking the same XI, who have been horrible the entire tournament.

Southgates thinking is, pray the opponent doesn’t score and hope Kane gets a penalty

Maradona37

I honestly think Palmer is the most talented player in that squad. He has close control a first touch, manipulation of the ball and space that many of the rest of them don't have.

Yet he started on the bench tonight and every other game. Nice work Gareth, lol.

Home of Barca Fans