Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Gato

Villarato!
Didn't Harry Kane become MBE or something after the WC 2018?

I'm not too familiar with English traditions, so apologies for the error.

Still weird to me how you hand out "trophies" for being a semi-finalist lol.
Rashford got MBE for feeding poor kids but that's about it
Beckham recently got knighted i think

Edit, scratch that, OBE'd

jamrock

I honestly think Palmer is the most talented player in that squad. He has close control a first touch, manipulation of the ball and space that many of the rest of them don't have.

Yet he started on the bench tonight and every other game. Nice work Gareth, lol.
Palmer should start every game, if it's even as a false 9, if he wants to keep Saka plus Bellingham and foden on

jamrock

Another issue England is having is the age old one of producing too many similar players, then trying to force them all in the same XI, and to an extent I understand

It takes a big man to drop foden or Bellingham, but if you can't, you need to find a system that makes them both work, same for saka and palmer, they both should be on the field at the same time.

If mainoo can develop into a proper DM, that would solve their Midfield problem, a 4-3-3 with foden--mainoo---bellingham can definitely work.

Let saka or palmer now, one of them will play on their weaker side or play Palmer as a 9, but doing that he would drop too deep into the same Bellingham will eventually take up.

Rory

All three of those let England down at every turn in this tournament. I know Bellingham and Saka came up with big goals on a few occasions, but their and Foden's general play actively hindered England.
Not at every turn then lmao. Chill out man, scotland won the euros go enjoy it

Maradona37

Not at every turn then lmao. Chill out man, scotland won the euros go enjoy it
The issue you're having is thinking I support Scotland - I don't. I couldn't give a fuck about them. I am not patriotic. My hatred of the English NT has nothing to do with the Scottish NT.

The other issue you have is reading comprehension - I said they hindered them 'IN GENERAL PLAY' (if you read between the lines) ie not from moments and stats getting on the scoresheet perspective. I am talking about the moments when there's no goal, and where they did nowhere near enough to help England dominate games.

Bellingham in particular not only behaves as repulsively as Ronaldo, but he has the same knack of being invisible in games but popping up with a moment. Despise players like that. He got found out big time tonight. But no doubt you think he played well because he got an assist...

Rory

The issue you're having is thinking I support Scotland - I don't. I couldn't give a fuck about them. I am not patriotic. My hatred of the English NT has nothing to do with the Scottish NT.

The other issue you have is reading comprehension - I said they hindered them 'IN GENERAL PLAY' (if you read between the lines) ie not from moments and stats getting on the scoresheet perspective. I am talking about the moments when there's no goal, and where they did nowhere near enough to help England dominate games.

Bellingham in particular not only behaves as repulsively as Ronaldo, but he has the same knack of being invisible in games but popping up with a moment. Despise players like that.
Not reading all that, just relax man. As I said, Scotland won tonight. You should just go enjoy that

Maradona37

Not reading all that, just relax man. As I said, Scotland won tonight. You should just go enjoy that
If you did read it you'd see I don't care about the Scottish NT, so I would appreciate if you stop digging at me for things I am telling you don't apply (and your'e too lazy/bitter to read).

El Gato

Villarato!
Another issue England is having is the age old one of producing too many similar players, then trying to force them all in the same XI, and to an extent I understand

It takes a big man to drop foden or Bellingham, but if you can't, you need to find a system that makes them both work, same for saka and palmer, they both should be on the field at the same time.

If mainoo can develop into a proper DM, that would solve their Midfield problem, a 4-3-3 with foden--mainoo---bellingham can definitely work.

Let saka or palmer now, one of them will play on their weaker side or play Palmer as a 9, but doing that he would drop too deep into the same Bellingham will eventually take up.
Bellingham is nowhere near the space Palmer takes up. In fact every time they play together Southgate is vindicated for decisions to keep the guy on

Striker - Kane too fixated doing the things to help guys struggling, and then not actually being effective when not doing that, might need to be addressed

DM/CM area - the 'lack of natural substitute to Kalvin Phillips' may be a meme but Southgate was putting finger on the pulse - moving the ball upfield is an actual problem, they look static when Rice has a man on all the time and doesn't drive

Lack of clarity around the wingbacks. Walker was still probably the best of the lot at 34 when Shaw wasnt there (and lets face it, he wont stay). Not sustainable.

jamrock

Bellingham is nowhere near the space Palmer takes up. In fact every time they play together Southgate is vindicated for decisions to keep the guy on

Striker - Kane too fixated doing the things to help guys struggling, and then not actually being effective when not doing that, might need to be addressed

DM/CM area - the 'lack of natural substitute to Kalvin Phillips' may be a meme but Southgate was putting finger on the pulse - moving the ball upfield is an actual problem, they look static when Rice has a man on all the time and doesn't drive

Lack of clarity around the wingbacks. Walker was still probably the best of the lot at 34 when Shaw wasnt there (and lets face it, he wont stay). Not sustainable.
I said if palmed played as a false 9, he would 100% drop man into the same Bellingham takes up.

I wasn't talking about the current game or team obviously, how they could setup in the future.

Home of Barca Fans