Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

Just being a wind up, don’t mind me
Ok

Maybe I am reveling in it a bit much tonight.

England have good players, my point of contention is two-fold

1) the idea that their players are automatically superior to Spain's (or other teams') because they play in the super duper amazing EPL;

2) my point that, as good as some are, technically plenty of them are weak or average. They'll never be able to play brilliant possession football, and it's not all because of Southgate.

Maradona37

Just heard some English dude on TikTok, called England, Moments FC, pretty accurate description 😂 😂 😂.

That's Madrid too, but their moment's wins CL titles lol
It's in the English culture, it's even how most PL teams play.

back and forth, end to end, battling, physical, magic moments. England are like a better version of Man United - moments and spawn.

Rory

If Kane and Bellingham spend the game dropping deep and being relatively (compared to Foden/Saka/Palmer/Mainoo) poor on the ball, Spain will just win the ball back constantly and have 70% possession, with a lot of that possession being high up the pitch. It'll come down to how many chances Spain waste.

It's do or die for Kane, either he stretches the pitch, opening some space for Foden/Saka/Bellingham or he drops deep and he gets subbed at min 60.
Called it btw

Maradona37

Lads, do we need the Timbuktu trolls back as the common enemy?

No need for infighting amongst our ranks. There is a Copa to be won soon :mou:
Not really fighting big man. Admittedly I was getting worked up, but there was no real animosity behind my words, and the lads I was hotly debating with are good men.

Sometimes it's good to have a bit of edge and passion - as long as it doesn't cross the line :p

ajnotkeith

Mainoo is a class player but he seems really athletically poor. He's one of the rare English players that have the technique and quality but lack the athleticism.

He is quite slow and weak and it hurts him when he is trying to carry the ball or win duels.

Making him a starter might have been premature.

Maradona37

Mainoo is a class player but he seems really athletically poor. He's one of the rare English players that have the technique and quality but lack the athleticism.

He is quite slow and weak and it hurts him when he is trying to carry the ball or win duels.

Making him a starter might have been premature.
He's got ability but as always, the United fans are building the poor kid out of all proportion. They do it all the time.

Home of Barca Fans