Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

khaled_a_d

Let's see how Spain can build on this. The US WC is going to be extremely difficult without depth on the wings. As good as Lamine and Nico are, there needs to be relief in a longer tournament format with hotter weather.

I quite like Assane Diao who we should probably take a punt on at a 12m buyout clause before a Premier League side sign him.

U19 Euro starts tomorrow this week so good chance to keep an eye on him.

Spain should be adding more depth with Omorodion and Diao, along possible return for Gavi & Balde, a little growth from Nico and Lamine, a development from Cubarsi, maybe even a change of clubs for Torres will help. Porro should be integrated more too. Dare I say Simons might actually be challenged for GK with so many ones they have now?
Morata and Carvajal will be the only 2 guys that should be on the decline/sideline watch tbh.
Only France might have a better squad, as they are always more motivated in WC than Euros and who knows, maybe even upgrade coach.

Messigician

Opta data is damning on the English terrorists
@Birdy

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
England’s last 6 goals at Euro 2024: ◎ Bellingham v Slovakia: 0.05(xG) ◎ Kane v Slovakia: 0.22(xG) ◎ Saka v Switzerland: 0.03(xG) ◎ Kane v Netherlands: Penalty ◎ Watkins v Netherlands: 0.06(xG) ◎ Palmer v Spain: 0.03(xG) Relying on screamers, unsustainable.

England created less xG at Euro 2024 (6.43) than Croatia (7.10). Croatia went out at the Group Stage.

Messigician

Spanish route to the final:

Croatia
Italy
Albania
Georgia
Germany
France

English route to the final:

Serbia
Denmark
Slovenia
Slovakia
Switzerland
Netherlands

They had one is the easiest route to the final that any team has ever had and still bottled it, and were mere seconds away from going out, and a needed a didgy pen vs Netherlands to aid them.

FiReFTW

Also I have to admit, Simon proved me wrong, I thought he would be Spains main weakness and he didn't really put a foot wrong.
Let's be honest he didn't really have alot of dangerous shots to save throughout the matches in the tournament.
He honestly looked pretty shaky and unconvincing everytime he had a dangerous shot against him. Also the goal yesterday was very saveable, bad positioning and reaction.
He definitely doesn't look like a world class shotstopper.

jamrock

What this euros and copa has further reinforced, is having a clear identity and philosophy on how you see the game and think it should be played, matters more than putting a bunch of star names together.

Argentina, Spain, Columbia, Uruguay, Germany, all teams with managers that have a clear idea of how they want to play and have all been by far the best team this summer, Not for nothing Canada too.

Which gives us hope at Barcelona, if flick is the manager some say he is.

All this excludes Real Madrid and their K.O comp voodoo of course.

fergus90

We got thoroughly outclassed by the better team. I am a bit gutted to lose a final again but when a team outclasses you, you just have to tip your hat.

Because Barca is my second team, I also have a soft spot for Spain so I'm glad if it wasn't us, it would be them. When I watched Germany vs Spain last week, it was clear both of those sides are levels above us anyway and would've needed something really special to get past them.

jamrock

My team of the tournament, which is basically just the entire Spanish team lol.

-------------Mamardashvili

Carvajal----Pepe------Laporte-----Marc

---------------------rodri
---------Ruiz-----------------Kante

-------------------Olmo

-------Yamal-------------Williams.

Birdy

Opta data is damning on the English terrorists
@Birdy

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
England’s last 6 goals at Euro 2024: ◎ Bellingham v Slovakia: 0.05(xG) ◎ Kane v Slovakia: 0.22(xG) ◎ Saka v Switzerland: 0.03(xG) ◎ Kane v Netherlands: Penalty ◎ Watkins v Netherlands: 0.06(xG) ◎ Palmer v Spain: 0.03(xG) Relying on screamers, unsustainable.

England created less xG at Euro 2024 (6.43) than Croatia (7.10). Croatia went out at the Group Stage.

YUP

That's SOUTHGATE TERRORISM at full display

Home of Barca Fans