Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

Also I have to admit, Simon proved me wrong, I thought he would be Spains main weakness and he didn't really put a foot wrong.
That's just a symptom of people undervaluing the Spanish players. I'm not a big fan of his but he's generally ok and he's a better keeper than Pickford.

Porque

Let's see how Spain can build on this. The US WC is going to be extremely difficult without depth on the wings. As good as Lamine and Nico are, there needs to be relief in a longer tournament format with hotter weather.

I quite like Assane Diao who we should probably take a punt on at a 12m buyout clause before a Premier League side sign him.

U19 Euro starts tomorrow this week so good chance to keep an eye on him.

jamrock

Let's see how Spain can build on this. The US WC is going to be extremely difficult without depth on the wings. As good as Lamine and Nico are, there needs to be relief in a longer tournament format with hotter weather.

I quite like Assane Diao who we should probably take a punt on at a 12m buyout clause before a Premier League side sign him.

U19 Euro starts tomorrow this week so good chance to keep an eye on him.

They'll triple down on their straight in Midfield, add gavi and hopefully a fit pedri and more seasoned zubi, to the starters today plus merino, best Midfield in the world by far.

If cubarsi develops that's another great body at CB.

They'll need some debt at wing, maybe diao or Gullie ( the yamal if 2026 WC maybe).

Their biggest issue will be finding a replacement at RB, they'll also need to reply on morata to do what he's been doing for the team, run his sucks off.

Porque

They'll triple down on their straight in Midfield, add gavi and hopefully a fit pedri and more seasoned zubi, to the starters today plus merino, best Midfield in the world by far.

If cubarsi develops that's another great body at CB.

They'll need some debt at wing, maybe diao or Gullie ( the yamal if 2026 WC maybe).

Their biggest issue will be finding a replacement at RB, they'll also need to reply on morata to do what he's been doing for the team, run his sucks off.

The crazy thing with Morata is that his lack of scoring wasn't a problem because the wings worked so well. Think of the past Spain's and how toothless they were when Torres was off, or Morata himself in prior tournaments. With the way Nico, Lamine and Olmo/Pedri performed, we could actually appreciate Moratas assets this tournament.

I don't know if he will have the tank in 2 years time so let's hope Samu or someone comes through, because the u21 gen is quite uninspiring.

Wonder if Hector Fort can make a run for RB btw.

jamrock

The crazy thing with Morata is that his lack of scoring wasn't a problem because the wings worked so well. Think of the past Spain's and how toothless they were when Torres was off, or Morata himself in prior tournaments. With the way Nico, Lamine and Olmo/Pedri performed, we could actually appreciate Moratas assets this tournament.

I don't know if he will have the tank in 2 years time so let's hope Samu or someone comes through, because the u21 gen is quite uninspiring.

Wonder if Hector Fort can make a run for RB btw.

Every good point about morata, the others allowed him to be what he is, a hard working CF, imagine if they really needed him to take that chance after the yamal pass.

Fort if he can nail down a starting position for Barcelona will almost certainly be the starter, I can't really think of any Spanish RB coming up.

companyofcules

It's changed at the youth level though, so much so that much more talents are coming through than the Spanish and that they usually beat Spain in the youth Cups.

Difference is that just like France that their manager is from an archaic age (De La Fuente is too, but he has come through this Spanish style which is the nations total football).

If they invested these 8 Southgate years with manager that fits with their new youth development program then they would play much much better.

But hey, I'm not complaining. The more they fail the better.
Runners are very efective against young and flimsy tehnical players. But once they can't run circles in senior competitions you realise that their prime was at 16. England has some Roman genes there, they can find fine players if they drop that mentality. But the problem is much worse, they like individual direct football, germany while was England v2 had a very team based direct football.

Birdy

GSfBkFIXgAAg7Yi

LMAOL :lol: :lol:

Home of Barca Fans