Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Windhook

His own fault. Especially because he knew Uefa gonna punish him after Daku got also banned for 2 games. I hope it was worth it to exchange this proud moment for a quater final and possible semis.
I commented on that yesterday.

People wondering why Shaqiri wasn't suspended for the eagle celebration vs. Serbia, but Demiral showing Grey Wolves against irrelevant Austria - Shaqiri did it before cancel culture.

Gnidrologist

Guess this Demiral dude wasn't looking brown/black enough so they took him for white supremacist. :lol:
Meanwhile guys like him are raping and pillaging Germany no problem. None of them even get deported and most of them get slap on the fingers by so called law enforcement. Such an upstanding and moral empire of goodness.

Horatio

You're welcome
I commented on that yesterday.

People wondering why Shaqiri wasn't suspended for the eagle celebration vs. Serbia, but Demiral showing Grey Wolves against irrelevant Austria - Shaqiri did it before cancel culture.

Demiral showing grey wolves has to be proven first to be honest.This hand gesture is pretty old and can simply represent a wolf, one of turkey’s symbols(and other central Asian countries alike) like Germany has the eagle and France the hen.

shaqiri and xhaka did directly to provoke serbian fans.

Having said that, I do understand ban and was dumb by demiral regardless. Just hope to see fifa/uefa be consistent in their enactment.

I think German government pressured fifa/uefa into this. Might have gotten off with hefty fine as well otherwise

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
:lol: Yeah, and they also need to prove the straight right arm in the air is a nazi salute and not just showing directions.
Have never ever seen that gesture made aside from being the nazi salute tbf.

Have seen wolf gesture not meaning to represent gray wolf

But fair enough. Dumb to do regardless

Loki

Think it's harsh though. A fine would've been sufficient like Bellingham got.
The problem is if you start allowing political gestures, it'll never stop and it becomes a political shitshow real fast. The punishment has probably also something to do with Demiral being proud of it instead of giving an apology.
But he'll be Turkey's national hero for it, Erdogan personally gonna sit him on the throne for the next couple of weeks. So he'll get over it.

Messi983

Fake news, these are updated projections after Round of 16.

euro-2024-projection-change-1024x838.jpg

Home of Barca Fans