FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

BBZ8800

On the other hand, when Eusebio will be sacked and when we'll get a better B coach, our players won't have alibis anymore.
Currently Eusebio is guilty for everything.

I know that it is the biggest sin here to say that our young players aren't that special, but again, Halilovic hasn't played 2 good games in a row in his whole career.
He is brilliant in one game, and then doesn't exist on the field in next 3 matches. (He is young, that's fine, people will reply.)

Anyway, it will be interesting to see excuses from our fans (in a year or two) if the current players won't turn into Barca's starting 11 material.
As always, the best "cure" will be: "Ok, the current generation didn't turn out to be that good, but here we have a new generation. This one is even better than the generation of Munir, Adama, Deulo, Halilovic etc. Those guys didn't make it, but the new guys will surely make it."

In the last 15 years, La Masia produced 10 players who were Barca's material:
1. Puyol
2. Xavi
3. Iniesta
4. Victor Valdes
5. Busquets
6. Pedro
7. Messi
8. Motta (somewhat)
9. Oleguer (somewhat)
10. Thiago

10 players in 15 Seasons. But again, those 10 guys in 15 Seasons are considered to the best generation of La Masia ever.
We were extremely lucky to get so many first team players from our youth ranks.

My point is, even during the most luckiest La Masia era, we produced 2 players in 3 Seasons (10/15 on average).
Realistically, if we won't have the luckiest La masia era as then, then 1 playable first team in 2 Seasons is something like an average (5 players in 10 Seasons).
And a more realistic expectation.

So, anything more than one playable player out of Deulo, Halil, Munir, Sandro, Adama, Samper, Grimaldo will be an extreme luck and a huge success for La Masia.
To get 2 players who will be good enough for Barca out of those 7 will be like winning on a lottery.

Expecting 3-4 or more players out of those, to make it, doesn't make too much sense.
People should trust a little more to statistics and history.

Last edited:
L

linetty

On the other hand, when Eusebio will be sacked and when we'll get a better B coach, our players won't have alibis anymore.
Currently Eusebio is guilty for everything.

I know that it is the biggest sin here to say that our young players aren't that special, but again, Halilovic hasn't played 2 good games in a row in his whole career.
He is brilliant in one game, and then doesn't exist on the field in next 3 matches. (He is young, that's fine, people will reply.)

Anyway, it will be interesting to see excuses from our fans (in a year or two) if the current players won't turn into Barca's starting 11 material.
As always, the best "cure" will be: "Ok, the current generation didn't turn out to be that good, but here we have a new generation. This one is even better than the generation of Munir, Adama, Deulo, Halilovic etc. Those guys didn't make it, but the new guys will surely make it."

In the last 15 years, La Masia produced 10 players who were Barca's material:
1. Puyol
2. Xavi
3. Iniesta
4. Victor Valdes
5. Busquets
6. Pedro
7. Messi
8. Motta (somewhat)
9. Oleguer (somewhat)
10. Thiago

10 players in 15 Seasons. But again, those 10 guys in 15 Seasons are considered to the best generation of La Masia ever.
We were extremely lucky to get so many first team players from our youth ranks.

My point is, even during the most luckiest La Masia era, we produced 2 players in 3 Seasons (10/15 on average).
Realistically, if we won't have the luckiest La masia era as then, then 1 playable first team in 2 Seasons is something like an average (5 players in 10 Seasons).
And a more realistic expectation.

So, anything more than one playable player out of Deulo, Halil, Munir, Sandro, Adama, Samper, Grimaldo will be an extreme luck and a huge success for La Masia.
To get 2 players who will be good enough for Barca out of those 7 will be like winning on a lottery.

Expecting 3-4 or more players out of those, to make it, doesn't make too much sense.
People should trust a little more to statistics and history.
Yeah but the guy claims nobody is good enough and he allegedly watched every B team games this season (me sense bullshit).

Adama and Samper are probably sure bets to make it, more or less. I'd say Rafinha as well + Denis Suarez looks promising too.

Kohe321

Bartra is also Barca material, so make that 11.

I agree that Adama, Samper, Rafinha and Suarez are good candidates to make the grade as well. Maybe Deulofeu as well.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Yeah but the guy claims nobody is good enough and he allegedly watched every B team games this season (me sense bullshit).

Adama and Samper are probably sure bets to make it, more or less. I'd say Rafinha as well + Denis Suarez looks promising too.

Ok, I wasn't talking about user TonyKros and those things.

But look again, Adama, Samper, Rafinha and Suarez would be 4 players from 94-95-96 generation.
That is 4 players from "3 Seasons/generation", which is again better than in the golden era of La Masia.

So, imo, 1 or 2 will make it.
If we will have 3 players, we are the luckiest team ever.
4 players, extremely unlikely.

But anyway, even in your estimation, you have write off Deulo and Halil, the biggest prospects.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what will happen with these 7 players in the next year or two.
Maybe more fans on our forum will be more cautious in the future with all future gems, with future next big things, and with future the best generation ever from our youth ranks.

BBZ8800

Bartra is also Barca material, so make that 11.

I agree that Adama, Samper, Rafinha and Suarez are good candidates to make the grade as well.

He is currently a squad player.
Time will tell whether he is a squad player only because of bad coaches who don't realize how awesome he is or because he actually isn't good enough for anything more than that.

But ok, he could be the 11th guy eventually.

L

linetty

Ok, I wasn't talking about user TonyKros and those things.

But look again, Adama, Samper, Rafinha and Suarez would be 4 players from 94-95-96 generation.
That is 4 players from "3 Seasons/generation", which is again better than in the golden era of La Masia.

So, imo, 1 or 2 will make it.
If we will have 3 players, we are the luckiest team ever.
4 players, extremely unlikely.

But anyway, even in your estimation, you have write off Deulo and Halil, the biggest prospects.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what will happen with these 7 players in the next year or two.
Maybe more fans on our forum will be more cautious in the future with all future gems, with future next big things, and with future the best generation ever from our youth ranks.
Deulo is by no means the biggest prospect (for me at least) and Alen is still too young to judge if he will even be able to jump from youth footy to senior footy.

The biggest prospect IMO (taking into account all generations) is Seung-Woo Lee. A pity he's been banned, it will stale his development a tad but still I think he'll make it, sooner or later.

Kohe321

He is currently a squad player.
Time will tell whether he is a squad player only because of bad coaches who don't realize how awesome he is or because he actually isn't good enough for anything more than that.

But ok, he could be the 11th guy eventually.

I disagree, he's arguably our best CB and easily Barca quality now. With Lucho everyone except Messi, Neymar and Suarez are "squad players" with the constant rotations anyways, so that doesn't prove anything one way or the other. :lol:

So with Fabregas that's 12 IMO, with several more promising talents coming up.

Last edited:

Kohe321

I didn't catch the 7-0 yesterday, but I read here that the game was very sloppy and the players showed unusual lazyness. That's pretty strange for a group of young talents eager to prove themselves, so it sounds to me like Eusebio has completely lost the respect of his players. When players don't want to perform for their coach anymore it's time for a change asap.

Perhaps getting Barca B back on track could be Xavis first challenge as a coach if he retires after this season and gets his license. :xavi:

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Oh, we have to add Fabregas as the 11th player.

If you count Cesc then you have to count Pique&Alba ,but all 3 as much as we would love to deny it wasn't players produced from La Masia to our 1st team ,all 3 had to spent most importants years in their development as a player outside Barca
Arsenal,Manu &Valencia was more important in their youth career IMO

BBZ8800

If you count Cesc then you have to count Pique&Alba ,but all 3 as much as we would love to deny it wasn't players produced from La Masia to our 1st team ,all 3 had to spent most importants years in their development as a player outside Barca
Arsenal,Manu &Valencia was more important in their youth career IMO

Ok.

I mentioned Fab to avoid replies: "You don't count all players, to fit your arguments and stats better (about 10-11 players in 15 Seasons during the luckiest La Masia era)"

Home of Barca Fans