FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
My god, the B team is in shambles right now. They are literally releasing hard-working, loyal, and talented youth players indiscriminately to make room for anonymous signings that no one knows or gives a damn about. Shocking stuff.

F

Flavia

My god, the B team is in shambles right now. They are literally releasing hard-working, loyal, and talented youth players indiscriminately to make room for anonymous signings that no one knows or gives a damn about. Shocking stuff.
Indeed. Releasing Aitor because of players like Robert goncalves is shocking stuff.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Barcelona are trying to convince B keeper Jose Suarez (20) to accept contract rescission. Player doesn't agree with condidtions. [md sport]

This is the worst one for me. So freaking great before his ACL injury, and now they just want to fucking release him while he's recovering? Heartless bastards.

SirXavi

The Engineer
Barcelona are trying to convince B keeper Jose Suarez (20) to accept contract rescission. Player doesn't agree with condidtions. [md sport]

This is the worst one for me. So freaking great before his ACL injury, and now they just want to fucking release him while he's recovering? Heartless bastards.

60521650.jpg

xXKonan

My twitter news feed is on fire due to the news.

Seems like Gumbau could be next (Shockingly) to be Released.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
RM's youth administration isn't this corrupt or heartless. Out of everything, this really makes my blood boil the most. Jose Suarez is recovering from a fucking injury. Aitor was born in Barcelona and first joined the club at the age of SIX, only to be released and then work his way back in and now get released again. Grimaldo was here for 7 years and became a captain of the B team, only to get thrown out.

Selling a player unfairly is despicable enough, but they've resorted to literally firing these guys. Absolute scum. And yet I always here braindead stuff about how every player owes the club absolute unwavering loyalty otherwise they are Figo 2.0

JamDav1982

RM's youth administration isn't this corrupt or heartless. Out of everything, this really makes my blood boil the most. Jose Suarez is recovering from a fucking injury. Aitor was born in Barcelona and first joined the club at the age of SIX, only to be released and then work his way back in and now get released again. Grimaldo was here for 7 years and became a captain of the B team, only to get thrown out.

Selling a player unfairly is despicable enough, but they've resorted to literally firing these guys. Absolute scum. And yet I always here braindead stuff about how every player owes the club absolute unwavering loyalty otherwise they are Figo 2.0

They are not being fired they are being offered packages to pay off their contracts early.

Biggest mistake was probably not doing some of this in summer as going by results that squad is not good enough.

spark

They are not being fired they are being offered packages to pay off their contracts early.

Biggest mistake was probably not doing some of this in summer as going by results that squad is not good enough.

Going by results Gerard Lopez should be getting forced out too then. Players they are making space for aren't super talents anyway.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

This is a stupid tautology at best. There's but a philosophical difference between saying the club are 'paying off their contracts' and saying that they're firing them with a nice severance package.

It's not just timing, it's the manner of these decisions and, in some cases, the decisions themselves. The likes of Bagnack were dead weight and Babunski probably doesn't have a future at this club but it's just downright unprofessional and unethical to rescind a contract like that out of nowhere.

Releasing Aitor?? The top scorer? Suarez? The keeper who has bailed this team on several occasions and then counted on the club during his injury? And then there's Grimaldo who had his contract ran down despite being the best performer in the team over the past year. These aren't cases of sacrificing ethics for the best interests of the B team. One doesn't improve the squad's results by getting rid of the best players to make room for below average ones. One doesn't send out a positive message about the good will of this club by releasing the youth players that dedicated themselves to Barcelona for random no-name signings.

You made a huge case about there not being any real mismanagement of the B team or youth system in recent years and that the Segunda division was difficult to stay in as is. And now we're here about 7 months after the fact with a poor coach, uninspiring signings, and a string of disappointing results in a lower division. And now the club's response is to let go of some of our best players for unconvincing ones? And by doing so, worsening our image and probably the position of our already struggling B team?

Home of Barca Fans