FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

ShandyFFM

lobato playing as a defender having scores 6 goals and 7 assists in only 23 games... is superb although if you seen his goals they were all very skilled and his dribbling is classy

Wouterinho

??? barca be is currently 6... how can u say this .. the youngsters doing pretty good ..... they are 4-5 years younger than most of their opponents and madrid castilla shows how hard it is in segunga division... only one thing i agree with is that the b team istn playing the first team style... but i guess its up to the players they have and every player is different.... although is prefer some changes in barca playingstyle in futur so it might be good to see some different youngsters... sure not every generation can have xavi,busi,messi,iniesta,pique... so lets see and wait
I disagree. The difference in playing style is Eusebio's fault, almost all these players were trained at La Masia, so they are certainly capable of playing the typical Barcelona football. Age isn't an excuse, they've got enough talent to still make it work. Last but not least, it doens't matter whether Barca B are ranked 6th or 16th, the focus should be on how they play and how young players develop and improve, I just don't think Eusebio is doing what a Barcelona B coach should be doing.

ShandyFFM

I disagree. The difference in playing style is Eusebio's fault, almost all these players were trained at La Masia, so they are certainly capable of playing the typical Barcelona football. Age isn't an excuse, they've got enough talent to still make it work. Last but not least, it doens't matter whether Barca B are ranked 6th or 16th, the focus should be on how they play and how young players develop and improve, I just don't think Eusebio is doing what a Barcelona B coach should be doing.
so does this mean a player like deulofeu will never be good enough only because he doesnt play like all the other kids ???? i dont think so.. sure maybe a coach from la masia who would play the masia style would benefit more.. guess we only can watch and wait aht happens.... im not sure which kid will make it from the current barca b in the first sqd for long time... deulofeu most likely imo... but im wondering dongou should be the biggest promise for the futur but just like u said it seems he hasent developed this season very much if you think about Graham Hunters words "dongou is better and more complete than messi was with 16 years"

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
The main issue is the way the team plays and that he's got several players that are left rotting on the bench. Regarding what Graham Hunter said; well he's wrong. Dongou isn't even close to Messi at that age.
lobato playing as a defender having scores 6 goals and 7 assists in only 23 games... is superb although if you seen his goals they were all very skilled and his dribbling is classy

Lobato isn't playing as a defender

jamrock

I kinda agree with Graham, dongou had a more collaborative aspect to his game, messi was more of a individualist, that could be because no one way on his level still.

ShandyFFM

The main issue is the way the team plays and that he's got several players that are left rotting on the bench. Regarding what Graham Hunter said; well he's wrong. Dongou isn't even close to Messi at that age.

Lobato isn't playing as a defender

midfielder ??????? what position did he play in the latest games ???

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Perhaps Graham Hunter means physically, which will aid Dongou in perhaps making up for his lack of potential in comparison to Messi.

I've not seen Dongou recently and rarely watch him, but is he even more promising than Bojan was?

Messi was actually ready at 16, albeit not physically, so suggesting Dongou has the same potential as Messi isn't accurate. It's going to take someone very special to meet the "Messi Standard" and there's absolutely no one out there at the moment to my knowledge.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Perhaps Graham Hunter means physically, which will aid Dongou in perhaps making up for his lack of potential in comparison to Messi.

I've not seen Dongou recently and rarely watch him, but is he even more promising than Bojan was?

I think Dongou is terrific but agree with Deco 20, he was never near Leo's level at a smilar age - I mean, that's just a reality for any player...The Messi comparisons should stop, no one comes close...I like Graham but was he even an athlete?...I question his evaluation of players, tbh

Still, I think Dongou has attributes that make him a better bet than Bojan - the fearlessness and strength alone are significant but I'd throw in pace as well...Bojan was more productive in terms of goals but perhaps he simply benefitted form better assistance, not sure...We'll have to wait & see but it also remains to be seen what Eusebio knows about developing players anyway - even for a player of Dongou's quality who sits so often

Wouterinho

so does this mean a player like deulofeu will never be good enough only because he doesnt play like all the other kids ???? i dont think so.. sure maybe a coach from la masia who would play the masia style would benefit more.. guess we only can watch and wait aht happens.... im not sure which kid will make it from the current barca b in the first sqd for long time... deulofeu most likely imo... but im wondering dongou should be the biggest promise for the futur but just like u said it seems he hasent developed this season very much if you think about Graham Hunters words "dongou is better and more complete than messi was with 16 years"
I think Deulofeu would benefit from playing in the same system as the first team, this just makes the transition to the first team easier.

About Dongou: I really like Graham Hunter, but I disagree in this case. Dongou is an exciting talent, but it's clear that Messi was better and more complete at the age of 16.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
If I'm not mistaken Hunter said that a performance he saw by Dongou was the best he'd ever seen by a kid his age, even better than when he saw Messi. This shouldn't be taken too seriously since he'd seen Messi in one game when he was far from his best, I believe he even said he thought so himself... Not to mention that he never said that Dongou had the same potential. Still, I didn't like hearing it since it just hyped him up. But with that said what I like most about Dongou is his mentality. He works hard and seems well grounded, unlike some of our other talents (Deulofeu, Lee).

I don't really see anything truly special from Dongou, no incredible technique or finishing, but he seems serious and hard working which will pay off in the long term. And as a centre forward what really matters is an eye for goal anyway.

-----

@ShandyFFM: He's playing as a central midfielder or winger

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Dongou has a lot of raw talent and the potential is there. He has the strength, the speed, and he's been taught the Barcelona philosophy. I just hope that he can round everything up and refine into a truly great x factor player that we need against tough teams. And thankfully, he isn't letting the hype get to his head. I still prefer Sandro, but Dongou definitely has the ability to be great.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I can't really choose between them, both good players who have the potential to reach the first team but will find it difficult to become stars at Barca

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I can't really choose between them, both good players who have the potential to reach the first team but will find it difficult to become stars at Barca

If they end up being toe to toe in terms of talent and ability, it'll be the one who is more versatile and multi-talented who gets picked.

yahudi

a weak first half... as usual, the team has trouble building up play from the back.

gus ledes rarely dropped between the CBs and espinosa was also usually too high up. the right flank is pretty much dead

Home of Barca Fans