FC Barcelona Finances

companyofcules

Romeu states the debt at 1.1 billion excluding Espai. So 100 milions less or is 1.18 and it was just a general sum. Anyway that will be a long haul for the next decade.

companyofcules

Even without the deferred wages, FC Barcelona has always paid wages above the market to lure stars to the club. The big difference is, under Nuñez they always sold the big stars before they ballooned the wage bill to the moon. The sad truth is that since Gaspart took over in 2000, the wage bills have never returned under control. In 2003 and 2010 there were some silly attempts to pretend they tried, the whole printer ink nonsense with Sandrusco Rosell was just embarrassing.

The dream of cause is if they were to copy the structure straight from Bayern Munich, the president and the board should have no involvement at all in player acquisitions, Bartomeus disastrous signings has practically sunk the club (hundreds of millions pissed away on transfers and wages).

The main problem as I see it is that presidents win elections on stupid promises on bringing in star players, wages balloon to the stars and the club end up with over paid and under performing primadonnas.
Barcelona was the biggest earning football enterprise for a few years so of course you can't pay the most without a loss and since the market is not fair the loss can be huge. Plastics like Milan, Inter, Lazio, Chelsea, United, PSG, City, Newcastle flooded the market with money to gain the top spot to earn dividend for the investors.
Since Barca needed to recover like 40 years of castilian bias and outright war on them they had to risk it on the market and bet on the potential. La Masia failed big time to produce even La Liga dominance after Cruyff and Barca was a farm for other clubs. Buying stars like R9 and selling them. Laporta tried to change that and the luck was absolutely incredible, since all the bets paid off.
Barca failed not because of the wages hence the situation was stable but because they didn't have the answer for keeping the club at the top. Instead of buying young geniuses they kept buying media products loved by brainless children who of course were overpaid but also produced nothing and had no potential. They also failed to replace the generation after 2015 despite some getting fat, others being idiots etc.

And about Bayern, is very easy to speak when you have your own league like Real and you can plunder it for fun making more bearable to wait it out when others flood the market. While Barcelona is in competition with a state product that is blowjobed left and right and wins by default.
You will look rather poor if you don't risk it.
But again buying players like Mbappe at a young stage is not a stupid thing even if you will not realistically afford it without a loan, the stupid thing is to buy peasants from England, Germany and Spain that in their prime are good enough but nothing special.

I think the Bayern and United model is not for Barcelona. I mean this forum will not exist without our model with your ideas we will be a more rich Valencia competitive for UEL and CDR.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We're apparently the only elite/top club in Europe that haven't returned to our pre-covid numbers whilst our competitors have and some even surpassed those.

Experts Cadena Ser have talked to have said it's because of three factors:

1. 50m or so less in TV rights per year
2. Doing poorly in the CL most of the last few years
3. Messi's departure

soul24rage

We're apparently the only elite/top club in Europe that haven't returned to our pre-covid numbers whilst our competitors have and some even surpassed those.

3. Messi's departure
Careful Don, this article will offend those poor souls who think Messi is just as responsible as Bartomeu for the mess that we are in.

jamrock

I mean our revenues were 990m euros of barto Finesse numbers, to top that would require us to be at 1B, I doubt anyone is there yet, maybe Madrid will be with their new stadium.

Madrid was 2nd with 755.

This is one of those articles, you read apply a bit of logical thinking, then ignore.

Last edited:

companyofcules

I meant our revenues were 990m euros of barto Finesse numbers, to top that would require us to be at 1B, I doubt anyone is there yet, maybe Madrid will be with their new stadium.

Madrid was 2nd with 755.

This is one of those articles, you read apply a bit of logical thinking, then ignore.
Don't forget the inflation. I calculated the loss at 165 at least considering the market needs tome to recover, if not 200+

Porque

3. Messi's departure

Nothing to do with not being in CN either then.

companyofcules

The Messi loss can be at around 100 considering that his image still brings some mone anyway. Especially since he won the world cup and people started to remember his Barca years and there was even the media scam of Laporta wanting him back.
But is just a guess, it can be 250, certainly Barca isn't there anymore

Kul_z

Where nike money, all the top clubs are sponsored by adidas and puma, we, liverpool, atm and qsg are the only 'heavyweights' representing them. Qsg without mbappe is marketing wise attractive as atletico madrid, if not even worse. Liverpool is nowhere near the flagship club to give the world wide recognition. Their best bet is on us. Fucking splash that money, get to 1:1 ffpso tebas can rethink of ways how to fuck us for next season.

Loki

JUST IN: An agreement between Barça and Nike is now “imminent.” It would be a ten year deal worth €120M/season, plus a renewal bonus between €100M-€150M. [
@alexpintanel
] #fcblive

Nike really don't want to lose us.

serghei

Losing Messi is nearly irrelevant by itself. Just look at Madrid post Ronaldo. It's the management that was shite.

Windhook

Sooner or later Messi's departure had to happen. Sadly it did in the worst way of all scenarios.

Could have secured much better deals with Messi on board, Laporta knew it. That's why I don't believe the gossip he forced out Messi intentionally out of the club. The part he's guilty is lying to Messi his contract is secure in the bag, when it wasn't.

Loki

Sooner or later Messi's departure had to happen. Sadly it did in the worst way of all scenarios.

Could have secured much better deals with Messi on board, Laporta knew it. That's why I don't believe the gossip he forced out Messi intentionally out of the club. The part he's guilty is lying to Messi his contract is secure in the bag, when it wasn't.
Exactly, he tried until the last day to register Messi. I think he called Tebas' bluff and thought he will never let him leave because of the financial damage of LaLiga. But Tebas' was so butthurt because of his missing CVC deal commission, that he was prepared even to let LaLiga's flagship go just to have the revenge on Laporta.

Windhook

Exactly, he tried until the last day to register Messi. I think he called Tebas' bluff and thought he will never let him leave because of the financial damage of LaLiga. But Tebas' was so butthurt because of his missing CVC deal commission, that he was prepared even to let LaLiga's flagship go just to have the revenge on Laporta.
I can't speak about Tebas' true motivations on blocking Messi's contract. Facts are under his rule La Liga took a nosedive in reputation. The fair play rules invented by his crew are so great that the term "transfer fee" is extinct in 90% of La Liga 1 & 2. Clubs are exclusively signing free agents.

Home of Barca Fans