FC Barcelona Finances

Porque

Nike signed up Lamine a few months ago. All goes to plan, Barca+Lamine is a "cheap" bet considering both are already together.

Loki

I can't speak about Tebas' true motivations on blocking Messi's contract. Facts are under his rule La Liga took a nosedive in reputation. The fair play rules invented by his crew are so great that the term "transfer fee" is extinct in 90% of La Liga 1 & 2. Clubs are exclusively signing free agents.
Tebas literally said Messi could have stayed if Laporta had signed his CVC deal, which was financially worse than the levers Laporta pulled. That's the definition of extortion and corruption.

Porque

Yep. LaLiga would have counted the cvc as profit while a part of the levers were counted as debt.

In reality Thebes probably saw that half of the levers were quite literally not worth the paper they were printed on.

Messigician

Sooner or later Messi's departure had to happen. Sadly it did in the worst way of all scenarios.

Could have secured much better deals with Messi on board, Laporta knew it. That's why I don't believe the gossip he forced out Messi intentionally out of the club. The part he's guilty is lying to Messi his contract is secure in the bag, when it wasn't.
He did force Messi out lmao

Look what he did to Ronaldinho

Messigician

Bartomeu: "I would have signed the CVC deal. I don't know the exact terms, but they are a great way to get short term income for the club."

Loki

Yep. LaLiga would have counted the cvc as profit while a part of the levers were counted as debt.

In reality Thebes probably saw that half of the levers were quite literally not worth the paper they were printed on.
In reality Tebas didn't get anything from the levers, but a big commission fee for the cvc deal. That's why he counted one as profit, the other as debt to force the club into his deal.

Last edited:

Messigician

In reality Tebas didn't get anything from the levers, but a big commission fee for the cvc deal. That's why he counted one as profit, the other as debt to force the club into his deal.
No this is kindergarten understanding of finance, it is NOT like that at all the rules aren’t something he makes up on a whim

Messi983

According to MD, on Monday, June 10, LaLiga will inform Barcelona and other professional football clubs about their scope of action and 'fair play'.

Windhook

Bartomeu: "I would have signed the CVC deal. I don't know the exact terms, but they are a great way to get short term income for the club."
Exactly. He doesn't know the exact terms. He never did and that's why the club is bankrupt.

Don't sell me the delusion of Barto La Liga wins, while the club amassed 1.3bn in debt. You don't make that happen if you are competent person.

serghei

Messi fleeced the club. He is a very immoral person. Exploited the poor management of the club and the fanbase. Quite skillfully. Could have left for 100m instead of for free. But it's much more lucrative for yourself to leave as a free agent. More money, more control.

Loki

Messi fleeced the club. He is a very immoral person. Exploited the poor management of the club and the fanbase. Quite skillfully. Could have left for 100m instead of for free. But it's much more lucrative for yourself to leave as a free agent. More money, more control.
Don't know if trolling or serious

Home of Barca Fans