Fernando Torres

Trillske

I feel sorry for Torres.

Before, everyone was calling him top-10, even best in the world, and all I could think was ffs he is not even best striker from Spain.

Now tables have turned and everyone think he stinks, and Im more "but come on, he is not that bad".

Barcafan 2304

I do like Torres but given the amount that would probably be required to purchase him and his recent injury record, it would represent to much of a gamble

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Whenever I watched this guy play he sucked, and I always wanted him to be at his best. Too bad I missed his last game.

Co0ter

I think Torres is a great player and fun to watch.

However those two recent goals had a lot to do with the goalie. He got ZERO air the first goal . His positioning was poor the second goal but Torres cracked it from pretty close so bravo.

I'm just glad he's scoring. You can tell he's still not totally fit but confidence alone will make him twice the player.

XaviMessiGirl

Confidence is a huge thing, it's been obvious he wasn't fit but people making a big deal out of him "sucking" only made it worse.

If he scores against a big team though, then we'll know for sure whether or not he's back.

Litmus test: Man Utd in a week and a half's time. But I believe in him :D

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
torres is solid but i dunno if he would work in barca, his first touch is not that strong but i would not mind us trying him if we can get him next year cheap :D

A

aekelona

I really doubt we will buy Torres. Its very difficult for us to buy another high profile CF when in the past it has never worked having so many big names upfront.

I can see Pep choosing a more conservative approach to look for a CF, maybe he is finished looking for another.

As for Torres, it has been a very long time since Torres has actually played well for Spain, even during qualifiers before his injuries, he wasn't fitting in too well.

XaviMessiGirl

He won't be cheap, trust me :D

Although Liverpool let go of Masch for less than he is worth, I doubt they would do that for Torres. I don't want to see him become a backup either.

Home of Barca Fans