Fernando Torres

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well he is still not fully 100% fit and he does need games to gain match fitness - so for a while he will look out of shape. But only with match fitness will he get better.

Also him travelling to Argentina didn't help him (nor the barca boys).

I don't expect him magically to turn it on next week - he won't. But this sort of thing takes time and he has got to just go through this stage.

That plus Redknapp's a pompous twat :D

XaviMessiGirl

yeah, I thought he was back but that was just nasty. Ed is right, the trip didn't help him at all, even though he didn't play in the Argentina match, he still had to fly over there instead of being allowed to rest. Jet lag and all that. It's probably part of what plagued Barca too.

This is an interesting table that shows how wildly off-form he has been compared to last year:

article-1311427-0B283D0D000005DC-650_468x481_popup.jpg

Rohit

i think the woeful lack of service to him didnt help either. That lucas-poulson pivot makes me cringe an having jovanovic in that team is also no good, need to be replace by joe cole miereles and babel for rodriguez might actually see nando smile then with actual service. We seriously need to upgrade poulson to with someone like lass diarra if real arent gunna play him when we get new owners or i see alot of trouble happening. Gerrard in that advance role is no good if his not gettin the ball quick enough here hoping meireles does the biz

XaviMessiGirl

yeah I really don't understand why Jovanovic isn't getting criticized more, he looks really slow a lot of the time and hasn't really been able to do a whole lot to gel with the team. Same with Poulsen but I think it's general knowledge that he sucks. Meireles looks great though. But there needs to be a better midfield for sure. + Nando to full fitness permanently.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
How was 'Nando 2nite?

he was rubbish vs. vidic, the serb completely smothered him.

however he did manage to draw stupid decisions out of o'shea and evans, both of which led to set-piece goals for liverpool.

and not every defender is as good as vidic, so y'know, he's coming along.

Rohit

i thought he did well gettin better but hodgson got tactics wrong yet again with playin raul meireles behind nando when raul should be in midfield an gerrard off torres so he can have support an maxi was wank today could the fact hodgson loves us defending edge of the box no pressing what so ever :(. Now hodgson needs to win these easy games or i dont think hell be around till xmas and a new good attacking manager in thank god. sorry rant over :cussing:

Home of Barca Fans