Franck Kessie

Gnidrologist

Yes, which is why, in the hindsight, going for him wasn't as retarded as many here were to believe. At that point "xaviball" was not yet here.

Barcilliant

As people have pointed out Kessie brings a different profile and depth.
I'm still pissed that we sold Yaya. Pep was pretty shit at keeping players with personality happy. Zlatan, Eto and Yaya were all treated badly. Still rember that golazo he scored in Cops final against Bilbao.

feggydinho

I'm still pissed that we sold Yaya. Pep was pretty shit at keeping players with personality happy. Zlatan, Eto and Yaya were all treated badly. Still rember that golazo he scored in Cops final against Bilbao.

I don't know about others but Eto basically sold himself out, he even came out to say some of the things he told him like saying that he told Pep that wasn't a great player and hasn't proven anything, also said he told Pep he wasn't normal when he tried coaching him on movements as a striker (all signs of pride). He should've known better, and a coach like Pep wont take that. It hurt us more as Eto was massively talented but you can't win them all

Temptation

I don't know about others but Eto basically sold himself out, he even came out to say some of the things he told him like saying that he told Pep that wasn't a great player and hasn't proven anything, also said he told Pep he wasn't normal when he tried coaching him on movements as a striker (all signs of pride). He should've known better, and a coach like Pep wont take that. It hurt us more as Eto was massively talented but you can't win them all

Pep isn't like by quite a few players. Every manager is disliked by some players.

I wonder why Eto'o dropped his ego and agreed to play left wing for Mourinho. That's so not Eto'o

Messigician

Pep isn't like by quite a few players. Every manager is disliked by some players.

I wonder why Eto'o dropped his ego and agreed to play left wing for Mourinho. That's so not Eto'o

He said because of Mourinho's warrior spirit he did it. Only him no one else could have convinced him

malvolio

What a suprise! Money grabbers with big egos not liking when world doesn't revolve around them.

We had the best midfield of all time in their prime, but you whine about not keeping Yaya 'I'm sad because I didn't get a birthday cake' Toure.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
What a suprise! Money grabbers with big egos not liking when world doesn't revolve around them.

We had the best midfield of all time in their prime, but you whine about not keeping Yaya 'I'm sad because I didn't get a birthday cake' Toure.

eto should of never been sold.

Gnidrologist

If he was being prick, then he should've. Peps style demands complete discipline and obedience to structure. Players, who think they are above it, would never work out anyway.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Xavi will have more success dealing with different type of personalities that might clash than Pep did early in his career. While the rules ought to be the same for everyone you cannot treat everyone the same way. Something I think Pep believed in.

Xavi seem way more laid back but still obviously able to command respect and discipline.

Gnidrologist

Yes, he does seem laid back, which is very positive trait for such stressful job and high demands. Pep always seems stressed out as fuck and mad, even while keeping relatively calm externally.
Not always though...
iu

serghei

I like how we move. Don't know on what planet signing someone like Kessie on a free is anything less than a great deal. Even his salary is reasonable, as I hear a big chunk is based on performance bonuses.

Barcilliant

I like how we move. Don't know on what planet signing someone like Kessie on a free is anything less than a great deal. Even his salary is reasonable, as I hear a big chunk is based on performance bonuses.

Exactly. He's coming on a free and people are still whining. If he doesn't work out we can sell him but I'm sure he'll surprise our doubters. Vidal and Paulinho were past their best and still did a decent job. Kessie is in his prime or should be.

Temptation

Are some people actually unhappy about signing this guy?

It's almost as if you need more than 11 players with starter's quality to build a solid squad!

Terrific signing. Will add something new. Good penalty taker too in fact.

Raketa10

I don't think that anyone is unhappy with this deal or Christensen or Mazrazoui. People are just pissed because we didn't renew Gavi and Araujo before we made those signings. Those 3 additions will be great but we can't afford to lose our young players in the same time.

Home of Barca Fans