Franck Kessie

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's not any worse than Thomas Partey who was signed for 50m. I'm happy some of you guys didn't watch some of Haaland's first games with Solbakken. You'd have called him for a poor man's Luuk de Jong :lol:

terryzinc

Where the heck is he going to play? Another ridiculous signing. Absolutely do NOT need him. Plus wasting money we need for Mbappe or Haaland or some other big time signing.

Temptation

Where the heck is he going to play? Another ridiculous signing. Absolutely do NOT need him. Plus wasting money we need for Mbappe or Haaland or some other big time signing.

CM Roatational/Squad player/Sub.

He's not a DM at all. Wouldn't be surprised if Xavi uses him at DM once in a while though.

Last edited:

serghei

Some of you guys have trashed every new transfer we made. If he doesn't work out, we sell him and make a bit of profit. His salary is 4m + 2.5m in variables. It's not a prohibitive sum for a PL team at all.

It's a bad transfer if he's 30 years old, but the guy is 25.

Last edited:

Porque

It was a poor game but it would be silly to judge a player from one game.

Game was in second gear and IC were the better side for large periods.

Seri looked like a million bucks for example, because there was zero press on him and he could pick any pass he liked.

mc_lovin

It was a poor game but it would be silly to judge a player from one game.

Game was in second gear and IC were the better side for large periods.

Seri looked like a million bucks for example, because there was zero press on him and he could pick any pass he liked.

Watched him a few times and he never impressed me. Fails the eye test horribly as well.

But I am pretty indifferent towards the transfer. Why not, eh?

Porque

Watched him a few times and he never impressed me. Fails the eye test horribly as well.

But I am pretty indifferent towards the transfer. Why not, eh?

I hate the idea that we could possibly be looking to relive a transfer (profile) from almost 20 years back in Keita, but I recall he hardly passed the eye test aesthetically either. Ended up being a good squad option though.

In any case, we need depth, experience and reliability in the pass for midfield. I think Kessie reaches that and hope he surpasses expectation.

If we were to sell Depay now, we would probably make a minimal?) profit. In one year time if Kessie has not worked out then we could forseeibly sell to England. I don't see anything wrong in this transfer unless somehow it leads to the exit of Gavi - which I doubt it will.

wisconsincule

Some of you guys have trashed every new transfer we made. If he doesn't work out, we sell him and make a bit of profit. His salary is 4m + 2.5m in variables. It's not a prohibitive sum for a PL team at all.

It's a bad transfer if he's 30 years old, but the guy is 25.

Yep spot on. Great market opportunity this is. I imagine this as a Gomes type signing except Kessie is free. He may fail but some mid table premier league team can buy him for 20-30 million in two years.

Home of Barca Fans