Franck Ribery

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Sorry, didn't realise you were a representative of the board :rolleyes:. You know fine well I like all the madridistas here and was referring jocularly to the club as a whole, so please chill out.

Last edited:
E

Esteve

Is he worth the money though? Why not sign a decent player (who will cost less) that can fill in for Henry when needed? Also, I see nothing wrong with your post. This is a Barça forum.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Is he worth the money though? Why not sign a decent player (who will cost less) that can fill in for Henry when needed? Also, I see nothing wrong with your post. This is a Barça forum.

Because, we shouldn't only be looking for backups, we should be looking at ways to improve even more, giving ourselves more power and more options on the pitch. Henry has, I think at maximum 2 seasons left in him, maybe less, cause we can never foresee injuries, etc. So not only would we be preparing for the future, but we'd be getting the best left winger on the planet. Think of how much he could bring to our attack and what a bonus it would be. Players of his calibre do not become available too often, the only other option I would personally entertain is David Silva. He would add depth, add quality, give us more attacking options, who cares if he costs a lot? Even if we had to take out a loan, it would be paid back.
Not to mention LW is a position being covered atm by a converted centre forward whose only backup is a midfielder who plays at his best in CM. Gai isn't going to be first team material for at least another season in my opinion, and even then you know how it is when young players are maturing.
We must adapt to the fact that very, very good players (which is what he is) will cost more than ever before in the future and we can't be scared to spend like that. Obviously not in the realm of the CR7 transfer, 80mill is insane, but imo 40-55 mill is a justified price for him. And keep in mind, if we don't sign him, our biggest rivals will.

Last edited:
E

Esteve

Because, we shouldn't only be looking for backups, we should be looking at ways to improve even more, giving ourselves more power and more options on the pitch. Henry has, I think at maximum 2 seasons left in him, maybe less, cause we can never foresee injuries, etc. So not only would we be preparing for the future, but we'd be getting the best left winger on the planet. Think of how much he could bring to our attack and what a bonus it would be. Players of his calibre do not become available too often, the only other option I would personally entertain is David Silva. He would add depth, add quality, give us more attacking options, who cares if he costs a lot? Even if we had to take out a loan, it would be paid back.
Not to mention LW is a position being covered atm by a converted centre forward whose only backup is a midfielder who plays at his best in CM. Gai isn't going to be first team material for at least another season in my opinion, and even then you know how it is when young players are maturing.
We must adapt to the fact that very, very good players (which is what he is) will cost more than ever before in the future and we can't be scared to spend like that. Obviously not in the realm of the CR7 transfer, 80mill is insane, but imo 40-55 mill is a justified price for him. And keep in mind, if we don't sign him, our biggest rivals will.

Best left winger on the planet? Based on what? He hasn't had the chance to play for a side like Barça so he hasn't been able to prove himself at the very highest level. For that reason, I think €45 million+ is insane. He does look like a very good footballer from what I've seen of him but having said that, the price still puts me off. If he signs for Barça, fine, good news, I suppose. If he doesn't, I won't lose any sleep over it.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Barcelona need to keep improving all the time we can't become like Liverpool in the 1990s who relied on past glories and ageing players. Now change can't happen too often but one or two players changing every season would keep us turning over.

Last edited:

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Best left winger on the planet? Based on what? He hasn't had the chance to play for a side like Barça so he hasn't been able to prove himself at the very highest level. For that reason, I think €45 million+ is insane. He does look like a very good footballer from what I've seen of him but having said that, the price still puts me off. If he signs for Barça, fine, good news, I suppose. If he doesn't, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Fair enough, I respect your opinion. And I base it on his performances, I haven't seen a left winger in current times that I liked as much as him or who played as well as him other than Silva, who I think is also a fantastic player but not as good as Ribery yet. I think Ribery's a phenomenal player who would improve the team a lot if he came.

E

Esteve

You've probably seen more of Ribéry than I have so I'll take your word for it. We are looking for a left winger, according to reports, so if Barça do have their hearts set on Ribéry, I suppose the money shouldn't be such a big issue. We'll see.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
It's no secret we're after him, but with madrid chasing him all the time and bayern's continuous statements of refusal to sell, nothing can be made of it yet.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I agree with Quash, I would hate if he went to Madrid... It wouldn't be so bad if he went to some other team, though...

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Sorry, didn't realise you were a representative of the board :rolleyes:. You know fine well I like all the madridistas here and was referring jocularly to the club as a whole, so please chill out.

LooooooooooooooL!

I was just joking with you. I was so surprised to scroll up to see your reply was to my post. :lol:

:beer2:

I hate how Ribery is made out as a left winger. Something tells me on the long run he would not like it very much. He is a right winger, but even if we bring him, he will be used as a Left winger.

B

Barca4life1000

I think Ribery is the "perfect" player for Barca, if there is such a thing.....I would absolutely hate it to see him sign for Real....... I think he will stay at Bayern for one more year......I think he's worth at least $40M in an incentive based bid.....The man is class!! I can honestly see him as one of the top three players in the world in the next few years depending which club he signs for....... Sometimes these footballers need to consider alot more than MONEY in their transfers, they can potential ruin their career with the wrong transfer....i.e. Shevchenko.....need i say more.....

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
LooooooooooooooL!

I was just joking with you. I was so surprised to scroll up to see your reply was to my post. :lol:

:beer2:

I hate how Ribery is made out as a left winger. Something tells me on the long run he would not like it very much. He is a right winger, but even if we bring him, he will be used as a Left winger.

Ice-cream-in-the-forehead moment from me, 2nd of the day, what's going on :tongue:
My mistake dude :cheers:

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite

Agree with you.

With 45 mil, we could get a younger one, silva for example, and a left back. Ribery is excelent, i know that, just a little too expensive though.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
I'd be happy with Silva but it's looking like a fucking awful and mistake-plagued transfer window for us, thus far. And surprisingly he's been linked with no-one but Pool, who now don't want him anymore.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Relax, the transfer window is not open yet. Just wait, july is gonna be a hectic month.

Home of Barca Fans