Franck Ribery

B

barca4life

Why the hell would he want to go to Liverpool?

And seriously, if Real doesn't have the money to buy him, how should Liverpool? Fools didn't even have the cash to pay Barry.

I agree that Liverpool would struggle to afford him but Liverpool is a world class team and that is why he would want to go there. With MU weaker this season as well as not a premiership winning arsenal present, Liverpool look likely to win the EPL imo. Also Liverpools last few CL seasons havent been too bad.

Ha ha, awesome.

I agree with everyone who has said Ribery is not worth anything above 40-45ME. It is obviously a valuation by the heads at Bayern, but it's grossly unrealistic and obvious that they do not want to sell.

I dont think the high price tag is to prevent sale or is unrealistic. The heads at Bayern are well aware R. Madrid are paying ridiculous amounts of money for players they want so why not make some more money for Ribery.

C

cardigan

a great player but he prefers madrid to us. i think silva would like to play for us, and he is as talented as ribery.

Barcilliant

Ribery is WAAAAY better than Silva-tougher, stronger-scores more goals-as skilfull if not more. I would pay 45 million for Ribery!

V

Valon

Ribery is WAAAAY better than Silva-tougher, stronger-scores more goals-as skilfull if not more. I would pay 45 million for Ribery!

Not true. I don't think Ribery is WAAAY better than Silva. A tad bit better maybe but Silva is younger and will be better. The only problem with Silva is he is a bit injury prone. Even so I'd pick Silva 100 times outta 100 before that ugly prick and mercenary Ribery.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Pep still wants Ribery. Bayern bad relation with Madrid along with Ribery desire to leave could make it happen. I hope Txiki pulls it, will be the buy of the summer for us. Hleb,Guddy, K9 can all be added as part of the deal.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
if we come close to offering 80 mil (in what form whatsoever) i will be faxing txiki that he shouldn't do that

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We've just read what Bayern and Rummenigge has to say. I believe that Riberys agent also made a statement that Ribery would only stay in Bayern or transfer for Real Madrid, a statement that Ribery later denied.

But there is s new twist to the whole story. Since Ribery has been quiet about his be or not to be in Bayern, speculations has started if Ribery could make use of Article 17.
Part of Fifa's Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, Article 17 allows footballers to break their contract once a "protected period" has expired. For those younger than 28 when they signed their contract, they must be three years into their deal. Next year Ribéry could terminate his contract to go to another club by just paying his own wages for the last year of contract. This might force Bayern to rethink - around €50 millions now or €5 millions later if worse come to worse.
The saga continues...

R

Red Devil

I agree that Liverpool would struggle to afford him but Liverpool is a world class team and that is why he would want to go there. With MU weaker this season as well as not a premiership winning arsenal present, Liverpool look likely to win the EPL imo. Also Liverpools last few CL seasons havent been too bad.

Why on earth are Liverpool going to be stronger then United this season we are run very well by one of the greatest managers of all time we have'nt gone weaker . You would like to think we have gone weaker but we havent we will change our style abit but come May you will be posting about United being champions again.

As for Ribery he appears keen to get out of german football.

Beast

The Observer
We've just read what Bayern and Rummenigge has to say. I believe that Riberys agent also made a statement that Ribery would only stay in Bayern or transfer for Real Madrid, a statement that Ribery later denied.

But there is s new twist to the whole story. Since Ribery has been quiet about his be or not to be in Bayern, speculations has started if Ribery could make use of Article 17.
Part of Fifa's Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, Article 17 allows footballers to break their contract once a "protected period" has expired. For those younger than 28 when they signed their contract, they must be three years into their deal. Next year Ribéry could terminate his contract to go to another club by just paying his own wages for the last year of contract. This might force Bayern to rethink - around €50 millions now or €5 millions later if worse come to worse.
The saga continues...

No actually he didn't deny what his agent said.. he denied what he said (which is basically saying he will join Real or no one at all ) .. he never denied his agent words

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
No actually he didn't deny what his agent said.. he denied what he said (which is basically saying he will join Real or no one at all ) .. he never denied his agent words

Of course he did Beast, of course...

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Honestly I don't think he's interested in barca, he should just sign for Madrid already and stop blocking up all the fc Barcelona sections on the football websites

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Of course he isn't he only ever talks of Madrid. They'll get him next year if not now.Unfortunate, cause he's a total cunt now :sad:
I don't really care anymore tbh I lost all faith in the management's transfer potential. Our weakness in depth was shown up again and again last year and we still haven't reinforced at all other than K9. We're playing too many games next season.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans