Franck Ribery

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm with you Quash, but we can't call every player that doesn't want to join us a cunt? Or maybe we can :D

But one thing I can't really understand is why he would like to join Real madrid THAT much? (Beast and other Madristas, you don't have to lay out the history of the Merengues or why it's such a 'dream' to put on the white jersey etc). I mean, they haven't played even near as creative, entertaining and qualitative football as we have - AND we frickin won everything and did it with style. And even after Real Madrid are done building their brag/marketing team, will it work?
I don't know if Ribery did want to join us but Txiki and the rest fucked up, or if he always wanted to join Real?

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
If ribery doesn't want to go to barca, he should pick another team other than madrid. I think he even more fit to man u or even arsenal. Why? because they play far more attractive football then madrid. But money talks....

aRegularAce

well zidane is back at Madrid and he wants ribery. Obviously ribery admires zidane a lot and wants to follow his footsteps + zidane wants him badly at madrid. Furthermore madrid is starting a big project and ribery wants to be part of it. I think these 2 are the key elements of his decision

Beast

The Observer
I'm with you Quash, but we can't call every player that doesn't want to join us a cunt? Or maybe we can :D

But one thing I can't really understand is why he would like to join Real madrid THAT much? (Beast and other Madristas, you don't have to lay out the history of the Merengues or why it's such a 'dream' to put on the white jersey etc). I mean, they haven't played even near as creative, entertaining and qualitative football as we have - AND we frickin won everything and did it with style. And even after Real Madrid are done building their brag/marketing team, will it work?
I don't know if Ribery did want to join us but Txiki and the rest fucked up, or if he always wanted to join Real?

In short since i covered this over a zillion times..
teams are not just about their present.. clubs are history , present and future..
just because Liverpool (per say ) haven't won the league in 18 years doesn't mean they are not a great club .

Real Madrid football history are second to none.. everyone knows that.. way ahead of everyone in terms of trophies .. the Di Stefano era was the first assemble of a galactico project.
jump 40 years later and comes Perez.. assembled the second galactico..
players like Ribery,CR,Benzema..etc were all young players in their teens and pre-teens watching Zidane score what people describe as the best goal in the history of CL finals
or watched their idols play for Real (Figo,Ronaldo..etc ) u got attached to the team.. same way if you are to become a top player u will join Barca.. that's the team u watched and was strong when u were growing up or had an idol playing for them

with teams like Barca,Real,Liverpool,United..etc u know you will be competing for everything every year.. even if they face a dip in form they will come back next year.

so why should they pick Real ? it's a freaking "Best club of the Century " and a club with history in competing against everyone and winning major trophies .. we are not the strongest out there but we are assembling another project that MIGHT be the best and the strongest ..

Quash

Ricky Martin clone

Only the ones who pick Real over us :tongue:
And Kaká.

Last edited:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
a little note, beast: who are those people who describe that as the best goal in the CL history? :p

the rest of the post is cool

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Meih, it was exactly the same as essien's goal in the semi finals, only at a different stage and different result
so maybe for you as a madridista and zidane fan it's the best goal ever, for me not really. it was just a nice goal, like essien's.

but to be the best, you have to do it in some sort of prestige stage. maradona and messi goals are equal, only he did it at the WC and messi in the bloody copa

Beast

The Observer
Meih, it was exactly the same as essien's goal in the semi finals, only at a different stage and different result
so maybe for you as a madridista and zidane fan it's the best goal ever, for me not really. it was just a nice goal, like essien's.

but to be the best, you have to do it in some sort of prestige stage. maradona and messi goals are equal, only he did it at the WC and messi in the bloody copa

did i say it's the best goal in history??

i said the best goal in the CL FINAL ... which it is ..
best goal in history is another story and it belong to one Diego Armando Maradona

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Zidane's goal was actually officially voted the best of the last 3 decades in the CL by a proper BBC programme/poll thing. Personal choice though, I didn't think it deserved no.1, but obviously, being Zidane, it's a lot more prestigious than most goals. Plus it was a final. If I had to pick my favourtie CL goal ever it would be Eto'o's against Panathaikos because i've never seen a ball move like that. These decisions are unbiased :tongue:

Beast

The Observer
Sols goal and Ravanelli one was an opportunistic goals... when it comes to technique , move , surprise factor,beauty Zidane wins it by a landslide
Zidane's goal was actually officially voted the best of the last 3 decades in the CL by a proper BBC programme/poll thing. Personal choice though, I didn't think it deserved no.1, but obviously, being Zidane, it's a lot more prestigious than most goals. Plus it was a final. If I had to pick my favourtie CL goal ever it would be Eto'o's against Panathaikos because i've never seen a ball move like that. These decisions are unbiased :tongue:

It's about the final.. there is so many beauties in the CL history .. Essien one was so great so was Luis Garcia in Buffon .. but @ the finals stage no one had the nerve to score such a thing or even try it and be successful

Home of Barca Fans