Franck Ribery

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Zidane was indeed a footballing nutter, but a very classy one ;)

Too bad i'm kind of forced to bastardify him now, I think he's the reason we missed out on Ribery's signing.

And WC 98 still hurts like a bitch, but there you go, I appreciate awesome players even when they shit on my team :tongue:

ryuken

Ribery always prefer RM, cant deny that, so why dont we just call it a day, forget about him and focus on other option.

jamrock

zidane think ribery is better than ronado and messi

"There are very good footballers in the world, like Cristiano Ronaldo or [Lionel] Messi, but the best for me is Ribery," he told ESPN. "And I am not saying that because he is French, but because he is very good."

doesn't even mention kaka with those 3, tells you how much he rates him

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It is a bit of an ego blow to hear Ribery preferring Real Madrid over Barca. Particularly after those CL matches vs. Bayern where he was practically left in tears.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
That's actually a stupidly good point. Has anyone genuinely read it anywhere other than goal.com?

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
yeah, l'equipe once stated it.

but l'equipe is french and french means zidane and zidane means .........

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
it's not like sport or as but it is french. and you always got to be careful with frenchies and chauvinism. especially if it is related to zidane. :p

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
In short since i covered this over a zillion times..
teams are not just about their present.. clubs are history , present and future..

Well Beast, we can at least agree on that we both think that Ribery is quality.

But tbh, you don't have an exciting "present" and your "future" is uncertain. You just got humiliated by Liverpool and us - twice! Even when you won La Liga with Capello I can't really say it was entertaining to watch :zzz:
We have the same players as last season (+ - Eto'o?), the same coach and will probably play the same kind of football. You have bought a bunch of players (even if they are Ballon d'Or winners) that nobody knows how they will work together. You also have a new coach that will change your tactics and strategy etc (+ you're notorious for sacking coaches frequently) - as I said, it's lots more uncertain than what we have going on.

Home of Barca Fans