Franck Ribery

Beast

The Observer
If L'Equipe is the french Sport, AS, or Sun, I'm not convinced.
not really Quash

Don't believe L'equipe the write more bull than MD sport AS or any of them.
L'Equipe is way better than MD & AS .. way better
Well Beast, we can at least agree on that we both think that Ribery is quality.

But tbh, you don't have an exciting "present" and your "future" is uncertain. You just got humiliated by Liverpool and us - twice! Even when you won La Liga with Capello I can't really say it was entertaining to watch :zzz:
We have the same players as last season (+ - Eto'o?), the same coach and will probably play the same kind of football. You have bought a bunch of players (even if they are Ballon d'Or winners) that nobody knows how they will work together. You also have a new coach that will change your tactics and strategy etc (+ you're notorious for sacking coaches frequently) - as I said, it's lots more uncertain than what we have going on.

You mean we are like you last season ?
new coach = check
humiliated home & away = check
hardly reinforced and lost a player = VDV in Robinho out check

Ribery , CR ,Benzema,Kaka..etc are coming for uncertainty .. which shows u how confident they are in the "Present and Future " .. and in football terms those who matter
and before someone mention money .. remember City (no offense duckie )

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Fair enough Beast, I don't know much about the reliability of overseas journalism :tongue: While I'm resigned to it now, I think it was strange of him to be so pro-Barca earlier in the season. That must've crushed a lot of fans, though to be honest Rumeinnigge and Hoeness are sticking to their guns, I only see him moving next year. Or possibly in January, if Bayern has a shitstorm of a season.

Beast

The Observer
Fair enough Beast, I don't know much about the reliability of overseas journalism :tongue: While I'm resigned to it now, I think it was strange of him to be so pro-Barca earlier in the season. That must've crushed a lot of fans, though to be honest Rumeinnigge and Hoeness are sticking to their guns, I only see him moving next year. Or possibly in January, if Bayern has a shitstorm of a season.

What L'Equipe published was not a surprise considering that what his agent said 3 days earlier (confirming Ribery desire to join Real on the radio and to the press ) .. that's why no one doubted these words..
when u hear it from one source it could be wrong but when 2 people say the same thing it's a lot more then hearsay/misinterpretation our out of context .

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Mmmm yes but don't forget there've been quite a few stories this summer published in various media, sometimes different media. The John Terry story was printed by The Times, The Telegraph and The Daily Mail, which are the newspapers most people in the UK consider even slightly legit. And in Spain news seems to travel a lot through radio stations, which then get picked up by papers and you end up with everyone reporting the same thing even if the original source is dodgy or wrong.

Beast

The Observer
Mmmm yes but don't forget there've been quite a few stories this summer published in various media, sometimes different media. The John Terry story was printed by The Times, The Telegraph and The Daily Mail, which are the newspapers most people in the UK consider even slightly legit. And in Spain news seems to travel a lot through radio stations, which then get picked up by papers and you end up with everyone reporting the same thing even if the original source is dodgy or wrong.
Quash .. his agent words were an Interview not words on his behalf ... it's not the same (i understand where u going )

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Oh I know, I was just saying being reported by various media doesn't necessarily make it more credible, that's all. I did read here the agent's words were in an interview.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
don't agree, zidane's goal was as lucky and opportunistic as the others then

I don't honestly believe you've seen the goal in question. As a football fan, setting aside my Barça sensibilities for a quick moment, I have to appreciate the grace and technique which Zidane exhibited in that goal. There was nothing opportunistic, nothing lucky, simply a maginificent player scoring a magnificent goal and that I appreciate.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
don't agree, zidane's goal was as lucky and opportunistic as the others then

haveta agree with red. you gotta love that goal.

I mean yes there's always a bit of luck with these long-range strikes but that goal defies belief. you shouldn't be able to hit a ball like that on the volley with your weaker foot and have it streak into the top-corner. it just doesn't happen.

if anything raul's goal was lucky and opportunistic and how butt let that go in I'll never. god what an awful bit of goalkeeping that was.

Beast

The Observer
Oh I know, I was just saying being reported by various media doesn't necessarily make it more credible, that's all. I did read here the agent's words were in an interview.
the Interview was on RADIO ... RAC-1 to be precise ... there is nothing wrong reported that what his agent said Quash.. sorry man but it's clear as a daylight
and for the record.. guess what RAC-1 is ? ;)

I don't honestly believe you've seen the goal in question. As a football fan, setting aside my Barça sensibilities for a quick moment, I have to appreciate the grace and technique which Zidane exhibited in that goal. There was nothing opportunistic, nothing lucky, simply a maginificent player scoring a magnificent goal and that I appreciate.

haveta agree with red. you gotta love that goal.

I mean yes there's always a bit of luck with these long-range strikes but that goal defies belief. you shouldn't be able to hit a ball like that on the volley with your weaker foot and have it streak into the top-corner. it just doesn't happen.

if anything raul's goal was lucky and opportunistic and how butt let that go in I'll never. god what an awful bit of goalkeeping that was.

:beer2: to the two of you

[YOUTUBE]iaQhF-523As[/YOUTUBE]

for you Gneg

Last edited:

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
the Interview was on RADIO ... RAC-1 to be precise ... there is nothing wrong reported that what his agent said Quash.. sorry man but it's clear as a daylight
and for the record.. guess what RAC-1 is ? ;)
Wrong end of the stick, Beasty :tongue: I wasn't doubting he said that and that it was legit. It seems the point I'm trying to make is clear is mud, so let's leave it at that .Also RAC-1 is a Catalan radio station if I'm not mistaken. Or Basque. One of the principalities, anyway.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
for you Gneg
:D

i've seen the goal, clearly. :p and it is, as i said, a nice goal. it's a damn good volley. but for me, if i think CL final goals, i'll stick with the two i mentioned. Ravanelli's just plain awesome and Solskjear's doesn't need explanation (i was supporting Bayern then). Maybe they are the goals for me because i was very young during Ravanelli's one?

I didn't know taht so many people saw that zidane goal as the most epic in a final.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yep for me Zidane's was the best ever in a CL final. Though I think Lars Ricken's goal in 97 was brilliant as well.

The best team goal I have seen was Crespo's second in 05.

Home of Barca Fans