Franck Ribery

maxan10

SirTugAlot
i think Riberys poor form may be down to two things

1. He wanted out last summer but didnt get his move,
2.The rise of Robben, meaning he is no longer the main man for Bayern...

:lol: yeah I agree with your first point but he has to definitely get used to being the fourth or fifth man if he moves to Barca or RM. Is he the sort of egoistic character?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
:lol: yeah I agree with your first point but he has to definitely get used to being the fourth or fifth man if he moves to Barca or RM. Is he the sort of egoistic character?

i bet all the transfer money thats needed to sign him

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Villa will be played at LW, can guarentee that, Ibra will remain at CF...

Than he will flop..

He is world class striker, and nothing more. He is not versatile, hasn't got the crossing and/or passing to be winger. In that case, if Ibra stays as CF, than better option is Ribery. I don't think Villa will be half as good as he is now if played out of position.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Than he will flop..

He is world class striker, and nothing more. He is not versatile, hasn't got the crossing and/or passing to be winger. In that case, if Ibra stays as CF, than better option is Ribery. I don't think Villa will be half as good as he is now if played out of position.

Villa often attacks from the left wing as did/does Henry, and Villa has recorded 12 assists in the league once (2006/07 season I believe), he will do fine as a LW.

Villa often attacks from the left wing as did/does Henry, and Villa has recorded 12 assists in the league once (2006/07 season I believe), he will do fine as a LW.

We will not get the best of Villa on LW, Villa isn't for assists he's for scoring goals

Galning

Do you guys even watch us play every once and a while? It's pretty clear if we put Villa on LW he isn't going to stay there the entire game, it's totally different since the time with Rijkaard. Look at Messi, he starts every game at RW but how many times is he actually the CF or is he in midfield? Same with Bojan at LW...

Seamus

Ribery has signed 5 year contract with Bayern. I for one am delighted so the rumours of him joining Barac can stop now.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Do you guys even watch us play every once and a while? It's pretty clear if we put Villa on LW he isn't going to stay there the entire game, it's totally different since the time with Rijkaard. Look at Messi, he starts every game at RW but how many times is he actually the CF or is he in midfield? Same with Bojan at LW...
It isn't really a LW either. I don't think Villa will frequently reach the touch line and cross into the box.

Our RW and LW positions are as attackign as our CF position imo. They just have to start the attack from the touch line instead from the D. In the end, wherever they are playing, there is only one thing the three have to do: 'go to goal and score or assist the other forward".

desoe

Yeah, but with Messi moving to CF we're still not losing our width because of Dani, who's basically playing as a RW most of the time. I guess Maxwell will help us reach the same effect with Villa on the left (if these are Pep's plans), but with Abidal it'd be harder as he's more deffensive. Fullbacks have always been essential for our game, but with non-wingers on the wings they will be even more than before.

Home of Barca Fans