Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

Enzo would do well for us at DM, not his natural position but I think we could make it work, would be better in the box to box role though, but we have gavi for that in a sense, and that won't change.

The only disposal asset we have is de jong really.

ajnotkeith

So pretty much your response is nothingness as per usual, when you silly blah blah blah points get thrown away Pretty easily.

Yep keep telling us how much better frankie has been compared to kessie and nico, and how he won us a game against Napoli and the greatness of the Copa del Rey victory 🤣.

Stunningly high standards, mean while other players in his age group and price category are out there winning leagues & CL and being talked about as being amongst the best in the World.

But Frankie will always have that night in Napoli though.

Fuck outta here with that shit.

Bunch of dumb ass excuses for a player that should easily be top 10 in the world.

Winning leagues and CLs with who though?

You expect Frenkie to single handedly carry this dysfunctional club with Qatari league manager to a CL?

Those guys who you're naming are playing at top clubs with good coaches who create better and modern tactics. Here we have the ghost of Barca DNA forcing us to build the midfield around a corpse and 2 kids because it is the La Masia way.

Can't compare Barca and its players with other clubs like that, we are unique.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We'll see if hitching our wagon to Gavi will be worth it in the end, but it's a massive gamble which he currently isn't showing signs of repaying. I suppose it doesn't help that our manager is a shit version of Louis van Gaal, his idol, either.

JamDav1982

Reality... some people didnt watch Kessie and thought becuase Milan won the league it makes him better than FDJ, Pedri and Gavi.

Those people thought this great player Kessie would arrive at Barca with a skillset to by 'far better' than likes of FDJ.

Other who watched him said.. nope he isnt that player and FDJ clear.

Proven correct on FDJ being clear and FDJ back in as best mid in team.

Those who over rated Kessie.. go back to original claim of 'Kessie must be better as won league title'/

Even AC Milan fans were saying Kessie was not at his best last season.

jamrock

Winning leagues and CLs with who though?

You expect Frenkie to single handedly carry this dysfunctional club with Qatari league manager to a CL?

Those guys who you're naming are playing at top clubs with good coaches who create better and modern tactics. Here we have the ghost of Barca DNA forcing us to build the midfield around a corpse and 2 kids because it is the La Masia way.

Can't compare Barca and its players with other clubs like that, we are unique.

No one expects anyone to win anything single handedly obviously, we expect that if he's WC which he definitely hasn't been since being here to just be clear, that his class would shine through and it's been 3.5 years and that has simply not happened.

Not even the biggest De jong fan cannot deny he's been underwhelming for us since we bought him, we didn't pay 85m euros and pay him money we are paying for him to simply being "good"

Simple as that.

JamDav1982

If Barca have money they would be best set for getting a DM with FDJ and Pedri in midfield. Gavi can work to improve.

FDJ is clear of gavi.. makes near enough twice as many passes a game, creates more chances, more range on ball passing wise, better/quicker on ball, gets more chances. While defensively FDJ is second on tackles and 1st in team in inetercptions while Gavi is making less tackles and half the interceptions etc.

Anyone who thinks Gavi has been better player this season is in absolute cloud cuckoo land.

FDJ had been MOTM or best player on park multiple times and was in last game as helped win it in final minutes with sensational pass when down to ten men.. Not sure Gavi has been best player once.

I like Gavi but his movement/awarenes and passing need to get a lot better.

ajnotkeith

No one expects anyone to win anything single handedly obviously, we expect that if he's WC which he definitely hasn't been since being here to just be clear, that his class would shine through and it's been 3.5 years and that has simply not happened.

Not even the biggest De jong fan cannot deny he's been underwhelming for us since we bought him, we didn't pay 85m euros and pay him money we are paying for him to simply being "good"

Simple as that.

Maybe underwhelming but I wouldn't put him in the flop category as over his time here he has been a consistent starter and put in a lot of good performances.

The reality is that there are very few players who exist that can single handedly carry a team to the top in today's football and most top players, including all the ones you named, need a decent system and players around them to show their qualities. That solo carry stuff is only for talents like prime Messi/prime CR7/R9 etc.

Kessie who you keep talking about is a perfect example. He was good with Milan then came here and has looked useless in this dysfunctional midfield setup of Xavi.

It's hard to play at this club in the current state that it's in but regardless he has been pretty good and a consistent 7 out of 10, as you say, and I don't think that is all that bad moving forward. He is certainly one of the ones I would keep going forward whilst it is still not clear for me if Gavi or Pedri can really be part of a resurgent top Barca.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Maybe underwhelming but I wouldn't put him in the flop category as over his time here he has been a consistent starter and put in a lot of good performances.

The reality is that there are very few players who exist that can single handedly carry a team to the top in today's football and most top players, including all the ones you named, need a decent system and players around them to show their qualities.

Kessie who you keep talking about is a perfect example. He was good with Milan then came here and has looked useless in this dysfunctional midfield setup of Xavi.

It's hard to play at this club in the current state that it's in but regardless he has been pretty good and a consistent 7 out of 10, as you say, and I don't think that is all that bad moving forward. He is certainly one of the ones I would keep going forward whilst it is still not clear for me if Gavi or Pedri can really be part of a resurgent top Barca.

Kessie was not even that good with Milan last season. Can remember their fans saying he had dropped off in consistency etc.

There is not a coach in world football that would have thought Kessie a better player than FDJ at end of last season.

It would not even have been close.

Look at teams that were in for Kessie for free as opposed to those that would pay big money for FDJ.

Look at level of teams that would be in for Kessie now... and that would still be in large part as to what they believed he was at Milan.

It was night and day then and would be now.

Last edited:

jamrock

The reality is that there are very few players who exist that can single handedly carry a team to the top in today's football and most top players, including all the ones you named, need a decent system and players around them to show their qualities.

I never said he's a flop, like I've consistently said and you refered to, he's been a solid 6.5-7 for us, that's it nothing more but also nothing less.

If some is willing to accept that has being the standard , they can go ahead, but we all know differently.

Again no one can single handedly do anything, like I said in my original kessie post, frankie is clearly the bigger talent, but if you put someone who is considered a equal talent to de jong, lets say a kimmich/B.Silva in Barcelona over the past 3.5 years, we would have been getting considerably better performances from them, than what de jong as provided to us.

Which again as always been my mind, he had never lived up to the talent he has or at least what we thought he has since being here.

JamDav1982

Been best mid in time at club.

Other dont have to 'accept' Jamrocks ratings of midfielders either when comes out with 'Kessie is better' drivel. So not the 'others might accept my ratings of him as good enough' doesnt wash.

Kessi is nowhere near as good as Frenkie, Pedri and Gavi in 2022 and wasnt half way through 2022 either just because he won a title.

Doesnt work like that.

Not one coach in their right mind thinks like that and rates Kessie higher than FDJ in summer.

Kessie was better... Gavi been on par.. all just nonsense.

FDJ been markedly better for Barca this season than Gavi in virtually every aspect that is the reality. Gavi has a lot to learn yet.

jamrock

Best mid at Barcelona stunning high standards and a good way to move (lower) the bar, but that's typical.

Kinda like the Copa Del champions league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans