Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Best mid at Barca is relevant when comparing him to others and how much nonsense is spoken.

Folk actually claim they watched Kessie and think he had 'better' skillset for Barca is sensational..then try some mental gymnastics about him being better at Milan when he patently wasnt and not one coach in world thinks so in August 2022 as to who is better player.

FDJ played well in the Copa win no doubt. One of best players in final.

All plays its part in being best mid in time at club.

Yet some think Kessie, Busi and Gavi are better.....

Top stuff.

Folk thinking Kessie has skillset for Barca or Busi better than FDJ then moan about 'lowering the bar'... dont get much more idiotic than that.

Gooooo King Kessie! Best midfielder of 2022 currently at Barcelona award is in the post! Jamrock says you earned it lad!

Fair know his stuff lye.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Kessie was not even that good with Milan last season. Can remember their fans saying he had dropped off in consistency etc.

There is not a coach in world football that would have thought Kessie a better player than FDJ at end of last season.

It would not even have been close.

Look at teams that were in for Kessie for free as opposed to those that would pay big money for FDJ.

Look at level of teams that would be in for Kessie now... and that would still be in large part as to what they believed he was at Milan.

It was night and day then and would be now.

He was good with Milan but he is a more basic player who doesn't really stand out at anything and doesn't progress the ball that well, either passing/dribbling, whilst FDJ is much more talented and would have a lot of top clubs in for him. Doubtful that any of the top teams come in for Kessie even as a substitute.

Definitely is a useful player, he's physical, can move the ball with one or two touches and does alright defensively, but he is bad at progressing the ball and has no top-level characteristics about him. He did well with Milan because he was paired with other creative midfielders and mainly had the role of making the simple pass and providing beef in midfield. But at a top team in the world you need real talent and I don't think he would be important for any of the top CL clubs.

JamDav1982

He was good with Milan but he is a more basic player who doesn't really stand out at anything and doesn't progress the ball that well, either passing/dribbling, whilst FDJ is much more talented and would have a lot of top clubs in for him. Doubtful that any of the top teams come in for Kessie even as a substitute.

Definitely is a useful player, he's physical, can move the ball with one or two touches and does alright defensively, but he is bad at progressing the ball and has no top-level characteristics about him. He did well with Milan because he was paired with other creative midfielders and mainly had the role of making the simple pass and providing beef in midfield. But at a top team in the world you need real talent and I don't think he would be important for any of the top CL clubs.

Agreed he was good with Milan but in that last season they won league can remember many AC Milan fans claiming he was not playing as well as previously and didnt look all that great in few times seen him. Sure there was chat on here hoping he was plying with one eye on Barca as had dipped.

If anything he may have worked as something different but not some player that was going to come in and be better than FDJ or have some skill set that suits team better.

There is no one in right mind that would even compare Kessie and FDJ in summer of 2022 let alone think one suits Barca better.

JohnN

How does Kessie get into this convertation? I haven't seen him before in Milan or Atalanta, but seen him plenty this season. He should be in his prime years now and looks completely void of technical and passing ability. His physicality, speed and running is not that impressive either. A total mind boggling transfer for an absolutely mediocre player.
He is nowhere near Gavi, let alone Pedri and FDJ. We would have been better of keeping Nico than spending money on him.

JohnN

We are expecting miracles from certain players and it's not gonna happen until the whole team clicks.
He is obviously out best midfielder despite whatever issues he has. If I had to drop every mid except one, I would keep him.

JamDav1982

Bizarre that Xavi moved him from DM and took on Busquets.. he was Barcas best player at DM and then was better than Pedri in CM.

Even Barca media and fans online are questioning Xavi on that one as he was easily one of Barcas best players.

He needs to get away from Barca and Xavi asap and would have a lot of top options.

Kul_z

Our only in prime and best player and we are wasting him for imhotep. Thank you xavi, with every passing game im more and more concerned if he is a right person to elevate our mfs. Tragedy

mc_lovin

Agree that he's our best midfielder, but at DM the team just doesn't look coherent with him. And sure, we haven't really tried, but I have the same feeling with Kounde at RB for example. There's something just a bit off. With Busquets the team looks more homogeneous, but well, he can sink you at any minute, which is usually not good in a low-score game like football :S

If we get a reasonable fee (>what we paid), I would be all over it.

JamDav1982

Agree that he's our best midfielder, but at DM the team just doesn't look coherent with him. And sure, we haven't really tried, but I have the same feeling with Kounde at RB for example. There's something just a bit off. With Busquets the team looks more homogeneous, but well, he can sink you at any minute, which is usually not good in a low-score game like football :S

If we get a reasonable fee (>what we paid), I would be all over it.

The team was better with him at DM than Busi and he played well. If others dont that is not on him.

Was MOTM last time played sole DM also.

The CM area is weaker at him at DM... because he isnt in there.

Team absolutely does not look better with Busi at DM. He is exposed there every time and was worse yesterday with him there again.

Team got worse with Bust at DM yesterday and game before that he gace away ball 3/4 times on front of defence that Osasuna should have scored from.

Busi pass % and ability to move to get on ball is worse than ever and it hinders Barca like it does Spain.

FDJ needs to leave for good of his career and get away from club that thinks Busi can cope at DM and plays midfield way Xavi does.

Good luck to Barca then going with some Busi/Zubimendi sole DM type with Pedri/Gavi on front of that. Will get torn to shreds by even half decent teams in Europe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans