Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
I have said before but will mention once more Frenkie has said to reporter that he is on 1/2 and even 1/3 at times of salary mentioned by media. Don’t know how much that supposed to be though. Could also be exaggerating but not smart if does.

Last edited:

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I don't understand people saying he's on huge wages. Bro for two years his wages were deferred, of course, it is huge now, but I didn't see you complain then about his low wages.
Plus if you ship him, do you think you won't need to pay his 2020 and 2021 deferred payments? So you would rather sell him and buy another person and pay him similar wages which ultimately boils down to a similar amount of payment that we are giving to FDJ.

Birdy

I have said before but will mention once more Frenkie has said to reporter that he is on 1/2 and even 1/3 at times of salary of what gets reported. Don’t know how much that supposed to be though. Could also be exaggerating but not smart if does.

Could not care less what public defense of himself he picks

Best case for him (the leaked contract at Marca) is 26.2m all together this season.
That's staggering and unacceptable for what he gives to the team

Boy, it gets tiring hearing the same dumb Barca fan twitter accounts keep reporting on his injury while adding the "Remember guys he's on some *Insert absurd number" wages and we need to force him out. And act like he's the worst player ever.

Spoiler alert when he's fit and on form he's still better than the fanbase favorites in this team they just can't handle the truth.

See above. Best case for him he is still on ludicrous money

Who is the fanbase favorites?
The thing is: the money he is getting is nowhere close what he offers on the pitch.
If he was on 10m gross or so, and as he has been on the pitch, there would be so less noise around him

The reason club tried time and time again to push him out is his wages

I don't understand people saying he's on huge wages. Bro for two years his wages were deferred, of course, it is huge now, but I didn't see you complain then about his low wages.
Plus if you ship him, do you think you won't need to pay his 2020 and 2021 deferred payments? So you would rather sell him and buy another person and pay him similar wages which ultimately boils down to a similar amount of payment that we are giving to FDJ.
Bolded part is your mistake
Guess what: His replacement will be at best on 10-12m GROSS wages per year.
That is if we buy an already made name.
And that means way less money on our books

jamrock

Both him and the club could be telling the truth, from there prospective, he could be talking about what actually hits his account, salary only.

And the club is reporting what it cost them.

JamDav1982

Both him and the club could be telling the truth, from there prospective, he could be talking about what actually hits his account, salary only.

The leaked contract was reported as what costs Barcelona and referred to as gross.

Frenkie reacted to that and mentioned in interview anger at club releasing his contract.

Sport referred to having copy of his contract and Marca also referred to that.

There is nothing being disputed between club and Frenkie.. not sure where that comes from.

Frenkie spoke up about the inflated fake numbers at times referred to.

Birdy

Right
That doesn't change the fact that what he is offering on the pitch is not reflective of what he earns
And the fact that he has been digging heels on all the available avenues offered to him the last 2 years:
1) reduce wages
2) renew
3) get transferred

means he is the one to blame in this case
Sorry

JamDav1982

The annual salary as per leaked contract works out as around 14.5m a season gross adjusted for deferral in early years.

From there there at bonuses that take it to around 20m if dont include those for league and CL.

Other players dont get loyalty bonuses etc included when vast majority have them for fulfilling the contract.

This is the contract the club leaked and Sport/Marca referred to as did Frenkie.

jamrock

Right
That doesn't change the fact that what he is offering on the pitch is not reflective of what he earns
And the fact that he has been digging heels on all the available avenues offered to him the last 2 years:
1) reduce wages
2) renew
3) get transferred

means he is the one to blame in this case
Sorry
I agree with you, his cost to the club vs what he offers on the field, is way off.

And he's stead fastly refused to renew or be transfered out,.

JamDav1982

I agree with you, his cost to the club vs what he offers on the field, is way off.

And he's stead fastly refused to renew or be transfered out,.

Offers far better value than Gundo and Lewa.. by a long way. Can add likes of Inigo/Fati to that also.

The club can start by trying to get those out or not signing them on such huge contracts then asking others to take less due to financial situation.

That will impact more than Araujo and Frenkie.. wait and see when come to renew others and clubs try the 'broke' line.

draconifire

But we will be buying that player right? Except Merino, I didn't see a cheap player. We will have to pay around 40-50m.

And his salary is right now 20m ish. Deferred is like 30m or something. So we will have to pay him 15-20m of deferred wages anyway. Plus around 40-50m for the transfer. I don't think we can get more than 40m for him so that at best 10m more.

Plus you'll be bringing in a new player, who needs time to settle in.

As I say, I would much rather keep him for now. He's good enough for now.

If we get a better player and can sell this guy for 50m. Then I am all for it. But as of now, I don't see any possibility of it.

JamDav1982

But we will be buying that player right? Except Merino, I didn't see a cheap player. We will have to pay around 40-50m.

And his salary is right now 20m ish. Deferred is like 30m or something. So we will have to pay him 15-20m of deferred wages anyway. Plus around 40-50m for the transfer. I don't think we can get more than 40m for him so that at best 10m more.

If we get a better player and can sell this guy for 50m. Then I am all for it. But as of now, I don't see any possibility of it.

It isnt.. his salary is 15m and deferred around another 4m on top.

The contract was leaked.

It works out to around 14.5m a season gross annual salary across the contract.

draconifire

It isnt.. his salary is 15m and deferred around another 4m on top.

The contract was leaked.

It works out to around 14.5m a season gross annual salary across the contract.
Alright. So 14.5m.

As I was saying the new player will marginally improve us financially if at all.

Would rather keep him.

Birdy

If he gets transferred out now, the clubs will owe him 0.
His entire salary is off the books plus a transfer fee.
And the most likely is whoever comes in will be max at 12m Gross.

First of all, do not take seriously autistic fanboys like Jammy, who devises his own numbers.
Even in the best case (the leaked by Sport/Marca contract) he is getting 26.2m ALL INCLUDED this season.
That's what he costs to the club (and that he costed last season, and will cost for 2 more seasons) BEST CASE, and it's exorbitant

Then:
People should understand better what deferred wages are:
Deferred is a wage not paid at the time and owed to be paid later on.
That's what the club did with Messi, Alba and others in the past.
Let's say Messi was to receive 50m gross in 19/20, but agreed with the club to defer 50% of that due to Covid. But Messi was STILL on his old contract expiring in 2021.
If the club hadn't paid that by 2021, and Messi gets transferred out to PSG, the club STILL OWES him that 25m and has to pay that to Messi.
That's what a deferred wage is, and counts in the books
It should be better called 'deferred payment' of a wage rather than deferred wage

Now, with Frenkie, many talk about his 'deferred wages' to denote that he agreed to reduce his salary in 19/20 and 20/21 in exchange of getting that amount later on in 24, 25, 26.
BUT he signed a new (criminal!) contract in 2020 to factor that in.
So that * IF the club had deferred huge payments of his wages on him between 20-22, his received money would look somewhat like what his new contract lists (although he got a pay rise by the criminal as well)* but THIS IS NOT THE SAME AT ALL
In other words, he did not do what Messi Alba and others did. The club did not deferred payments to him.
Since 2020, he is simply on a contract listing his wages as 5m in 19/20, 8m in 20/21, 15m in 21/22, 25m in 22/23 and so on.

If he gets transferred he will get 0. Perhaps that's the reason he doesn't want to go? Perhaps
But he has also rejected other solutions proposed. He could have agreed on a settlement payment including only the money he 'lost' between 20-22 and a transfer out.
He doesn't want to
The club should act accordingly then

JamDav1982

No.. reality is he will no chance move without getting the deferred salary still due to him if decides to leave before contract up.

That is where his power over that deferred salary lies.

He can get it from Barca as per contract.. or if he leaves it is his decision to give it up or refuse to move.

Aye such a 'criminal contract' that he Pique and Lenglet are/were on the club just decide to continue paying out of goodness of their own health.

He is on less than Gundogan for annual salary and Lewa... sort out those lads in mid 30s before using 'broke' excuse on FDJ, Araujo and others who will need to be renewed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans