Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

I don't blame Frenkie, but every player knew he fucked the next board over when signing these contracts with Barto (who else apart from Lenglet and Frenkie?). Same as Koeman who signed a contract well into the mandate of Barto's successor, talked big that he will leave without fuss if the next in line has different plans and then had the audacity to cry when Laporta axed him.

They just didn't defer wages, but Barto also improved their contracts. It's incredible. I am still pissed about this clown show.

Frenkie barely improved his contract.

It went from 14m a season to 15m in last two.

The loyalty bonuses etc are fairly standard.

Laporta did the same in his last stint and has done the same now with Lenglet really.

Lewas contract also.. goes up as declines.

If they could structure contracts the way it was done for FDJ better believe they would be trying that now.

The whole levers will impact decades of board after him.. as will Nike deal and other assets.

Bit rich of them to complain if do.

mc_lovin

Frenkie barely improved his contract.

It went from 14m a season to 15m in last two.

The loyalty bonuses etc are fairly standard.

Laporta did the same in his last stint and has done the same now with Lenglet really.

Lewas contract also.. goes up as declines.

If they could structure contracts the way it was done for FDJ better believe they would be trying that now.

The whole levers will impact decades of board after him.. as will Nike deal and other assets.

Bit rich of them to complain if do.
Difference is Barto increased the volume of the extended (and deferred) contracts. Lenglet gets paid like a genuine superstar thanks to it. When Laporta extended him he didn't do that - his contract still has the same volume just spread over more years.

JamDav1982

Difference is Barto increased the volume of the extended (and deferred) contracts. Lenglet gets paid like a genuine superstar thanks to it. When Laporta extended him he didn't do that - his contract still has the same volume just spread over more years.

Lenglet is on far too much.

Frenkies salary barely went up across his contract.

Laporta pushed back Lenglets salary for more years for shorter term gain. Did same with Umtiti. If the argument is short terms gain for the next president to take the burden then Lenglet fits.. at least potentially depending on who wins 2026.

Laporta also benefited from FDJ being on less in those first two seasons even if not him that put him on the contract.

I am sue FDJ would have been happy to revert is back to 'normal' had Laporta wanted to.

Birdy

First of, Hate to take Jamdav role but FDJ is on 18M patroll including bonus and deferred salary.

2nd off, that is in case of player being removed, not injuries. Different rules mate.

Frenkie will remain registered, I repeat there is no such a thing as unregistering player, it is a misunderstanding of the rules. Check Liga website, Christensen is still registered.

What will happen is Liga will let us use a margin of his salary during the injury. He is out 4months, he is on 18M salary, we will use 40% of that salary during the injury period. That is 40% of the third of his salary.

That is 2.4M

And rehab setback isn't a new injury, so yes it will be a fraud and won't happen.

FDJ is not on 18m gross dude...
Idk why you have swallowed Jammy's propaganda w/o question.
Best case for him (according to the leaked contract by Marca and others) is 26.something m Gross all included. (which frankly I don't even believe. Capology is reliable with every other player and team in the world. They can't be making a mistake only with FDJ)

Then, I don't know where you got the 40% as the margin allowed by LL.
If the player is 'franchise' in terms of wages, it's 60% of his wages and 35% of capital gains, under current rules (check)
60% of 26m equals 15.6m, and I am pretty sure this is a good sum for many stop-gap transfers on loan.

As for rehad setup, again it's a question of stipulation. If he trains tomorrow, and relapses, you can very well classify that as a new injury

JamDav1982

FDJ annual salary is across length of contract under 15m gross... as per leaked contact.

If want to add annual bonuses then its around 20m across the contract.. again for other players these bonuses are not added when looking at annual salary.

Capology is not accurate.. I know for a fact they are wildly off with EPL players for example.

Capology has him on 20m a season bonuses as well as 37m.. utter garbage.

Masetro10

It doesn't matter what he gets paid exactly. What matters is he is crippling the team. Not all by his own doing. But he is definitely for a fact crippling the team financially. There is no 2 ways around it.

Lewa is on a crippling wage as well. Both will not be continuing once those contracts are up. Frenkie will go to another club no matter what he does here. Lewa will retire/MLS/Saudi.

Barca will not win a single trophy until 2026 we build until then.

JamDav1982

It doesn't matter what he gets paid exactly. What matters is he is crippling the team. Not all by his own doing. But he is definitely for a fact crippling the team financially. There is no 2 ways around it.

No he isnt... the board have crippled the team with FFP.

Even if think he is being paid more than should.. it wont be by much.

15m a season is not 'crippling' anything and cant ignore the extra room it allowed for them to get players in initially also if want to only focus on now and when being balanced.

He is better value than Fatis contract who has dont nothing of note since getting 13m odd according to media.. he is better value than Lewa on twice as much.. better value than Gundo on 18m a season etc.

mc_lovin

Less than 15m salary.. and 20m with bonuses that are never added for others.

He would get that elsewhere.

Less than half the salary they are paying 36 yr old Lewa this season.

What is an acceptable contract for FDJ to expect?
No other player gets 5m a year as a bonus. Should be slightly above the likes of Kounde at best.

Lewy is our star player (unfortunately)... it at least makes some sense as a general wage policy, I still don't agree with it. Says it all that you have to point to him as the only real excuse you have for Frenkie's wages.

JamDav1982

No other player gets 5m a year as a bonus. Should be slightly above the likes of Kounde at best.

Lewy is our star player (unfortunately)... it at least makes some sense as a general wage policy, I still don't agree with it. Says it all that you have to point to him as the only real excuse you have for Frenkie's wages.

The bonuses are deffered also and yes players will be getting loyalty bonuses not outlined when annual salary quoted.

Barca made a whole song and dance about making contracts more linked to appearances and titles/Europe etc.

Lewa is nowhere near Barcas star or best player. Awful contract.

What should FDJ be on?

Pointing to Lewa is pefectly relevant.. as is pointing to Fati, Gundo and others.

jamrock

Lewa is/was at least a star that brought and still brings attention to the club.

But even then is contract is 1 year too long.

JamDav1982

He should be in the same tier as Pedri, Kounde and co...

Makes zero sense to ahve him far above that. And rightfully needs to get axed for it (if possible).
What tier is that?

How much should they be expecting?

He wont get 'axed' for it. They want to extend him.

More likely infact is others who are up for renewals want closer to what he is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans