Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

Pretty obvious now, that he won't be ready after the international break, as was rumored, unless he's been training and the club had said zero.

TheStig

They didn't, he's registered for years.

If Fati came back today it was probably the deadline for Frenkie also but that's just the clubs wish, not reality.

jamrock

Why did they bother registering the player?

Like Khaled told us, these players are already registered, but perhaps they could have done something like with Christensen if they knew he wouldn't be back, but they probably thought he'd be back around this time, he's one of our better players and we need bodies.

But this ankle issue has been dragging on entirely too long, a decision needs to be made

TheStig

Like I said yesterday, the "news" that he's coming back is only pressure from the club to decide for surgery, he's not really coming back in any case.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Think that relationship between him and the club is broken. No peep from Frenkie either.
Shame club has to continue carrying his insane wages for yet another season when we could have signed few players to strengthen the team.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Frenkie de Jong won't be ready for the games against Girona and AS Monaco. In fact, the Dutch midfielder has no return date, as he does not want to go undergo surgery. @FCBRAC1

TheStig

I think this will be the final straw with him for me. I understand he won't lower his insane salary, I can accept that he's not the player we wanted him to be when we bought him but if his ankle is not healed in half a year of conservative treatment than you have to do something and operate it if the doctors say so. He should be back in May, now it's the middle of september and he's not even training.

He doesn't care about anything bar money and Barcelona lifestyle, it's obvious on and of the pitch. The fact he was willing to sign for QSG if we didn't give him a huge salary was the first clue that we missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans