Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

At the end of the day, the most frustrating question for me is how the hell can PSG be allowed to get away with nonsense like this??? They are already under huge pressure about FFP and potential sanctions, and yet UEFA is just gonna let them dish out a couple more 100m sums before even considering to punish them? There were rumors about City getting a CL ban but none for PSG.

FFP doesn't exist.
The world and politics are all about money.

In a CL, big teams are always favored against small teams (teams from my country, for example, when they are on a verge of making an upset in qualifying rounds).
Who needs small teams in a CL?

The same is in a CL, World cups, everywhere.

Regarding Uefa's Fair play, I see those restrictions as something like:
If Barca and Real are spending 200M per year, then you guys (Psg and City), please can you just calm down a little bit?
If you'll spend 800M per year, teams will start to make riots... So, please, can you lower your expenditure to some reasonable amounts like 300-400M per year?
That way you will still be able to spend more than "normal" clubs.
They will be somewhat happy and they will think that this is a fair game.
And you, on the other hand, will still spend the most, have the richest team etc.

So, in short, in reality, Uefa's fair play doesn't exist.
That rule is only preventing Psg to buy virtually EVERYONE.
This way they won't be able to buy EVERYONE. Just ALL THE BEST talents available from now on, like Mbappe, De Jong, De Light etc :lol:

As others said, I mean: PSG bought a World cup.
Do you think that 100-200-300M Euros spent over the limits will be a problem for Uefa?

They will sell 2 players for 20M and Uefa will say: Ok, fine. Your balance is good now :lol:
Please guys, don't ever again mention fair play anywhere where money is involved.

Arizona Scott

Reals been pretty shit this year though. So depending on Reals form it might not even tell us much.

They have been OK in group play and still have a world class midfield and this is their only thing to play for now.

They have been crappy in La Liga, but Barca and Atletico have been mediocre. Maybe La Liga is just really, really difficult. Midfielders just don't have the time and space. IMO City and Liverpool are the only other teams that exert that much pressure and most midfielders can't cope.

Alik

FFP doesn't exist.
The world and politics are all about money.

In a CL, big teams are always favored against small teams (teams from my country, for example, when they are on a verge of making an upset in qualifying rounds).
Who needs small teams in a CL?

The same is in a CL, World cups, everywhere.

Regarding Uefa's Fair play, I see those restrictions as something like:
If Barca and Real are spending 200M per year, then you guys (Psg and City), please can you just calm down a little bit?
If you'll spend 800M per year, teams will start to make riots... So, please, can you lower your expenditure to some reasonable amounts like 300-400M per year?
That way you will still be able to spend more than "normal" clubs.
They will be somewhat happy and they will think that this is a fair game.
And you, on the other hand, will still spend the most, have the richest team etc.

So, in short, in reality, Uefa's fair play doesn't exist.
That rule is only preventing Psg to buy virtually EVERYONE.
This way they won't be able to buy EVERYONE. Just ALL THE BEST talents available from now on, like Mbappe, De Jong, De Light etc :lol:

As others said, I mean: PSG bought a World cup.
Do you think that 100-200-300M Euros spent over the limits will be a problem for Uefa?

They will sell 2 players for 20M and Uefa will say: Ok, fine. Your balance is good now :lol:
Please guys, don't ever again mention fair play anywhere where money is involved.

Sad world. Best hope that they keep failing and eventually give it up as a bad investment.

MTL_Barca

It will majorly suck if fucking PSG manage to steal FDJ & MDL from us.

That's why we take Rabiot from them, how will they ever recover? :bartomeu:

It would suck but not the end of the world, depends what else we do with the 150M or whatever these two would cost.

BBZ8800

Sad world. Best hope that they keep failing and eventually give it up as a bad investment.

My personal opinion is that majority of all people CEOs and leaders in all big companies, politicians and similar are either totally filthy, or semi filthy.
Only a small percentage of people on top are pure "good guys".

Just a simple test:
Do you think that Trump is a good guy, not corrupted?
Does he act the same regarding all countries/wars? Or, is he interested in "helping" only when he sees an interest?

Insert a leader of every big country, England, Germany, France etc.
Not to mention leaders from countries outside of a western world, who are even more corrupted and driven by personal and not global interests.

Facebook and all companies are selling all infos of their customers to government and similar.
In football:
Is Barto a good guy? of course not.
Was Rosell a good guy? Lol, not.
Was Laporta a good guy? Well, he was maybe better than Barto, but he also made 10s of criminal acts.
Is Uncle Flo a good guy? Lol.
Is that Tebas guy a good/honest guy? Lol.
Are referees in La Liga good guys? Lol.
Are referees in a CL good guys? Lol, ask smaller clubs. Or ask teams playing against RM.
Are referees in NT matches good guys? No.
Remember WC final, all decisions were towards France (pens, free kicks, while the result was tight).
Was Platini a good guy?
How many guys from Fifa and Uefa are already in jail? A lot.
Quatar a WC host? Do we need to comment?

All big companies, countries, politicians, people with money are more or less connected, corrupted and doing a lot of dirty things to stay on top.
If you, as an honest guy, want to get on top, you will need to fight against tons of criminals and corrupted people.
Only rare good guys will get on top, extremely rare.
And majority of good guys will eventually become bad guys while they are climbing on top, when they see all bad things around them and how there is no other way to succeed.

Plus, there are sayings in my country, something like:
People say that money wouldn't change them.
Yet, when you actually give them a lot of money, majority of people start to act in a weird, unexpected way.
The same is with power (remember the movie "Experiment" with Adrien Brody): give a power to good guys, and majority of good guys will turn into bad guys and animals.
That is our nature.
Money, power, being on top changes people and their morale.

In short, this is just my personal estimation: 90% of politicians, Ceos, rich guys=are all dirty, dirty people.
Who have done 100s of bad, really, really bad things to get on top and to stay on top.

And now, go back to Psg/Uefa/Fifa/Tebas/Platini/referees/Barto/2 Neymar's transfers and criminal actions behind both of them=that's life and people around us.

In short: There is no FFP, there is no fair play. That is all fake and staged.
Rich teams will spend as much as they want.
The only option is for Uefa to tell them, as I have wrote: please, don't spend 500M per year, keep it at 300, to not upset other (criminal) clubs too much.

** A random story which I have remembered right now, around 2000', Real had huge debts, like 200-300 Millions.
And Spanish government (or a city of Madrid), something like that, bought a part of their training grounds, who's worth was something like let's say 50M, for 300 Millions :lol:

So, the government/city have just overpaid and solved all their debts. So that people/fans can be happy.
Where is Fair play in that?
The world was equally as filthy and corrupted both 100, 50 and 20 years ago.

So, be prepared that Psg will probably buy BOTH De Jong and De Light, if those two will want to come. even for 100+100 or 120+120M fee if needed.
Uefa won't do anything.
France is extremely rich and has 67M population.
A lot of shirts, shoes and all equipment will be sold.
Uefa, Fifa, Adidas, Nike will earn a few Billions in return from De Jongs and De Lights transfer.

** I have wrote during a world cup:
France has 67M population.
Croatia has 4M population.

If your team wins a world cup, let's say that 10% of population will buy a shirt of your NT team.
If a shirt costs 100 Euros, this is what will happen:
France 6,7Million shirts sold x 100 Euros=670M of income from shirts
Croatia 400k shirts x 100 euros=40M of income from shirts

They both have Nike's jerseys.
Do you think that in a WC finals, Nike's CEOs were cheering for France or for Croatia?
Were they cheering for a potential 670M or 40M income, lol?

Now go back to my story: Nike/adidas are sponsors of Fifa and Uefa.
Do you think that Fifa cheered for France or Croatia in a final?
Which option is more lucrative?

And then go back to a match:
1. a soft foul in the 1st half and a free kick for France: 1:0 after a free kick
2. Croatia scored after that
France (and Nike) needed a new push:
3. ball hits Mandzukic in the arm, ref and VAR decided (lol, as if there was any doubt): a penalty for France and Nike
Bang bang 2:1.

To some extent, Barca is protected in the same way against Arsenal.
Real is protected in the same way in a CL against everyone.

Sorry for offtopic rant.
But that's the world and reality.

There is NO Fair play wherever money is involved.

Joan

Isn't the deal with PSG practically a done deal, according to reliable de telegraaf? Who are those guys?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Isn't the deal with PSG practically a done deal, according to reliable de telegraaf? Who are those guys?

Probably just the club leaking news to reporters that they're doing they're all to sign him even if the truth is that they weren't all in on him.

If you look at our pattern the last couple of years Barcelona reporters and journalists have always told positive news about how XYZ player is joining Barca or how Barca are doing everything to sign XYZ player, when eventually it's found out that Barca either discarded that player, never really was in for that player or are on the verge of signing a player the press had no clue about before the deal was as good as done(Like in Semedo and Malcom's cases, and Vidal too).

If it's one thing the club have gotten good at lately it's selling smoke to the press and not letting them know what they're actually doing and planning in those offices.

Devils

It wont happen.

Barcelona will offer De Jong the salary he asks for but Barca wont give Ajax the transfer fee they demand.

gregorrin10

Sell Raki for 50-60mil, pay Ajax the 75mil and get this boy. leave De Ligt and fatrat, go for Upamecano

If we get a CB from Leipzig, i think i'd rather have Konate, who is beasting it right now, while Upamecano has actually been even benched lately. Gnagnon from Sevilla might be another one to watch out for in the next 1-2 years, especially since there is much more chance that we buy from Sevilla again, like we did Lenglet.

While with the amount of talented CB (just French, don't even count the rest) that are coming up, if i'd have to choose to get only one of the Dutch duo, it would be De Jong. I believe he was simply born to play for us, he could become one of the best CMs in the world or a more than worthy Busquets successor at CDM...he provides so many possibilities in midfield that i'm gonna be really pissed if we don't get him. We all know that realistically we can't expect all of our La Masia midfield boys to make it (Puig, Oriol, Alena, i have most high hopes for Puig, while Alena could become a worthy squad player), and so i think with Raki and Busquets winding down, De Jong would inject world class into our midfield right away, while together with Arthur presenting the pillar of our midfield for the next decade. We can later decide how to utilize De Jong best, depending on which of our La Masia boys makes it. If it's Oriol, put De Jong on CM, if it's Puig/Alena, De Jong is made heir to Busquets.

With the way the market is going, it's gonna be much easier to find a replacement for Pique in the next few years than it is for Busquets, and we all know great CDMs are much more hard to get by anyway, not to mention CDM is the most crucial position in our 4-3-3 formation as well. But of course De Ligt is still my first choice for CB, if it's possible to get him as well, but i think it's better to focus on De Jong first. Even more so, because we have to deal with Raiola when it comes to De Ligt, so we'll need more time to get through those negotiations anyway. So get De Jong first, then we can relax and try to lure De Ligt after, if possible. Barca being his first choice and if we got De Jong beforehand, i think we'd become massive favourites for De Ligt then too.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Probably just the club leaking news to reporters that they're doing they're all to sign him even if the truth is that they weren't all in on him.

If you look at our pattern the last couple of years Barcelona reporters and journalists have always told positive news about how XYZ player is joining Barca or how Barca are doing everything to sign XYZ player, when eventually it's found out that Barca either discarded that player, never really was in for that player or are on the verge of signing a player the press had no clue about before the deal was as good as done(Like in Semedo and Malcom's cases, and Vidal too).

If it's one thing the club have gotten good at lately it's selling smoke to the press and not letting them know what they're actually doing and planning in those offices.

In an optimist's point of view - May be they have indeed signed de Jong and now want to squeeze the max out of the signing, politically, by painting a picture that they had to make a humongous effect to get it done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans