Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo_Messi

This is not just about likely missing out on De Jong despite him ticking every box and openly making no secret of his wish to join the club. It's much more grave than just that.

It's about systematically missing out on players like De Jong for the past many years. When you add to that the fact that this board has had no sporting project ever (at least I cannot spot it and I doubt that anyone can), no long-term visions, it takes them on average several years (!) to replace the likes of Puyol and Xavi (even though they should have been looking to replace them immediately as they and everyone else knew, years before their retirements, that they would not last forever) and not to mention the most catastrophic thing, our high spending yet very little gain. We are spending tons of money (twice as much in fact) compared to our greatest rival (RM) yet we have not much to show for in terms of actually having replaced part of the old guard let alone all of it. Before this summer that is (Arthur so far) and the forced transfer of Dembélé who would never have been bought had Neymar not been sold.

It is this continuous mediocrity that drives me insane. People are complaining (falsely) that the club has no "money" left and that we cannot compete with QSG, Man City and others when it comes to wages. Bullshit. Official numbers tell a different story. If the wage structure is such a big problem, who is at fault for it if not the same useless board that pays our players more on average than any sport team in the world? If the useless board prefers to "play it safe" and go for the likes of Rabiot and Todibo (who the fuck is this guy, seriously?) instead of much more promising options such as de Jong and de Light, could it have something to do with our mismanagement and our habit of throwing money out of the window, not being able to sell players (until this summer where Everton helped us) and buying the likes of freaking Coutinho for 160 million euros!

Now can people spot a freaking pattern emerging now? I am sick and tired of this nonsense. Of the club shooting itself in the foot.

Yes, Todibo might magically turn into the next Varane (lol) but what prevents the club from getting the likes of Todibo for free and buying a player like de Jong that ticks every box and which every top club is after?

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Letting De Jong go is unfortunately just another confirmation of the mediocrity that surrounds this club and the useless board that keeps destroying and undermining the club. There has not been a single club in Europe, maybe outside of Man Utd, that has spent more money on players yet which such a small impact. Almost all of the success since 2010 has been due to the same old guard lead by Messi with the occasional addition of the likes of Alba, Suárez (our last transfer of a truly world class and established player), Dembélé etc.

Let us buy more mediocre players and refuse to pay 20-25 million euros extra (even though the club can easily afford it) which over a longer period of time (the contract period of a player) is nothing.

Shocking stuff. Fucking Todibo and Rabiot. If I did not know better I would have suspected Sevilla of making such tranfers. Hilarious but sad at the same time.

Look who is talking now?! lol, You are the fiercest defender of us signing Rabiot. What happened now? Did you really think we will get both Rabiot and FDJ? Or PSG won't counter our move for Rabiot? How naive were you?

Leo_Messi

Look who is talking now?! lol, You are the fiercest defender of us signing Rabiot. What happened now? Did you really think we will get both Rabiot and FDJ? Or PSG won't counter our move for Rabiot? How naive were you?

The retarded troll at it again desperately looking for my attention. Do you think that any sane person will take your idiotic one-liners seriously? Especially users who actually have read my posts in the Rabiot thread? I have openly stated (always) that I would be against the Rabiot signing if the club did not sign another talented and promising midfielder or an established midfielder as well. Not only that, certain other conditions should be meet as well. Conditions that I have written about in detail.

If it was about Rabiot and nobody else, I would never in my wildest dream consider that a good idea even though I don't consider Rabiot a bum, unlike you. Now stop quoting my posts (had to remove you from my ignore list as I was curious what kind of nonsense you had written this time around, so can't let that be unanswered) writing nonsense in the process in the future if you don't want to make a fool out of yourself once again although this seems like a habit of yours.

Last edited:

serghei

Sry, but De Jong to me is not showing that he wants to come at Barca in particular if he's agreeing terms with PSG before the summer. So, if you actually believe the rumors that he is close to PSG, that means he doesn't really care what club he's signing for as long as it's a big club who can pay him top money. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense jumping the gun and agreeing terms with PSG unless the kid is mostly after the best contract, period. Not the best team or even less the best league, one he could really grow in by playing against top teams almost once every two weeks. And probably PSG can pay him the most money since they have UEFA in their pockets big time.

And if that's the case, I'm not gonna break down in my knees and cry we don't sign fucking De Jong who didn't prove anything yet.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Sry, but De Jong to me is not showing that he wants to come at Barca in particular if he's agreeing terms with PSG before the summer. So, if you actually believe the rumors that he is close to PSG, that means he doesn't really care what club he's signing for as long as it's a big club who can pay him top money. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense jumping the gun and agreeing terms with PSG unless the kid is mostly after the best contract, period. Not the best team or even less the best league, one he could really grow in by playing against top teams almost once every two weeks. And probably PSG can pay him the most money since they have UEFA in their pockets big time.

And if that's the case, I'm not gonna break down in my knees and cry we don't sign fucking De Jong who didn't prove anything yet.

Or it could simply mean that our pathetically incompetent board is yet again late to the show, not showing enough interest and low-balling Ajax once again as well. Read post 1805. The board missing obvious, great and realistic options (economically) is a recurrent theme. It has happened far too many times for it to just be bad luck.

BTW, I myself wrote weeks ago (in this very thread) that it shows little ambition from De Jong to move to QSG and play 80% of his games in the greatly inferior Ligue 1 and the even more useless two domestic cup competitions. That's not the point here though.

As for de Jong not having showed anything, that's quite frankly utter nonsense. Showed nothing compared to what? He is 21 years old. Shown his worth in the Netherlands, for the national team and in Europe (CL). He is a CM/DM midfielder and thus not as flashy as the average offensive talent that gets hyped. He has shown far more than the likes of Ndombele and other talents of his age. Similarly with de Light.

I question the football knowledge of people who claim that he is a bad fit for us. He literally ticks every box. Alas, when you are ruled by a bunch of incompetent and corrupt criminals at the top, there is no chance of sanity prevailing.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

The retarded troll at it again desperately looking for my attention. Do you think that any sane person will take your idiotic one-liners seriously? Especially users who actually have read my posts in the Rabiot thread? I have openly stated (always) that I would be against the Rabiot signing if the club did not sign another talented and promising midfielder or an established midfielder as well. Not only that, certain other conditions should be meet as well. Conditions that I have written about in detail.

If it was about Rabiot and nobody else, I would never in my wildest dream consider that a good idea even though I don't consider Rabiot a bum, unlike you. Now stop quoting my posts (had to remove you from my ignore list as I was curious what kind of nonsense you had written this time around, so can't let that be unanswered) writing nonsense in the process in the future if you don't want to make a fool out of yourself once again although this seems like a habit of yours.

I'm writing one-liners? Ok, sure a one-liner so a retard like you can understand but still like always, you have a reading comprehension problem. If you go back to my one-liner post and read it carefully again, you might understand when I said you are so naive thinking we will buy both Rabiot and FDJ, both asking for a high salary, both want to start and both play similar positions. Going for Rabiot will result in disinterest in FDJ or giving an option for a club who is about to lose their player to punch an uppercut at us.

Second, you have mentioned Rabiot as a mediocre twice just in the last two pages. So why you are so fiercely defending his high salary demand making him one of the best-paid player in Barca if he is mediocre despite he is a free agent? You are just a hypocrite puppy.

I hope me writing more than a oneliner won't confuse you more.

Leo_Messi

I'm writing one-liners? Ok, sure a one-liner so a retard like you can understand but still like always, you have a reading comprehension problem. If you go back to my one-liner post and read it carefully again, you might understand when I said you are so naive thinking we will buy both Rabiot and FDJ, both asking for a high salary, both want to start and both play similar positions. Going for Rabiot will result in disinterest in FDJ or giving an option for a club who is about to lose their player an option to punch an uppercut at us.

Second, you have mentioned Rabiot as a mediocre twice just in the last two pages. So why you are so fiercely defending his high salary demand making him one of the best-paid player in Barca if he is mediocre despite he is a free agent? You are just a hypocrite puppy.

I hope me writing more than a oneliner won't confuse you more.

Stop wasting my time with your low IQ nonsense. English is my fourth language yet nobody else here other than you have problems with understanding my posts. You seem to be the exception. Since you like lying time and time again and making up stuff, please show me and everyone else where I have claimed that Rabiot (the player) is mediocre.

Yes a club member for 20 + years and a lifelong fan that spends hours each week to keep myself updated, is naive about this useless board that I used to criticize from day one when they were elected in 2010 and when they started their pathetic witch hunt against Cruyff, Laporta and others. Fuck off with your nonsense. I was the most fierce critic of this board during the 2014-2015 season and during the summer of 2015 when everything was rosy (sporting wise). Don't start this bullshit with me like you were talking to some 13 year old YouTuber that became a part-time fan due to Neymar and his hair.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

[tw]1081296192317898752[/tw]

giphy.gif

Arizona Scott

I wanted to remind everyone De Jong is 21, not 17, and is playing in a league not in the top 10 in the world. I know he is extremely promising, but let's not pretend he is Coutinho promising (who everyone in the EPL thought he was Liverpool's best player and he was class for Brazil). Let's not pretend he wouldn't be more than an 80 some million educated guess in terms of how he adapts to the best of the best, day in and day out.

If he tears apart the Real midfield in the upcoming tie I might say something more. But he hasn't had the kind of pressure and kind of opponents than come with Barcelona or City (or even PSG for that matter).

El Barcelona

I wanted to remind everyone De Jong is 21, not 17, and is playing in a league not in the top 10 in the world. I know he is extremely promising, but let's not pretend he is Coutinho promising (who everyone in the EPL thought he was Liverpool's best player and he was class for Brazil). Let's not pretend he wouldn't be more than an 80 some million educated guess in terms of how he adapts to the best of the best, day in and day out.

If he tears apart the Real midfield in the upcoming tie I might say something more. But he hasn't had the kind of pressure and kind of opponents than come with Barcelona or City (or even PSG for that matter).
Just checked, top 10 football competitions was eredivisie on the 7th place in 2017...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
MD is still saying he wants to go to Barca.

My take is that Ajax badly wants him to go to PSG because they likely made a ridiculous offer, while FDJ himself would prefer Barca.

That would explain why French sources are all saying PSG and Ajax have reached a deal, he's going to PSG, etc. And telegraaf as well saying Ajax have accepted PSG's offer. While all the Spanish sources (who focus mainly on the player) are all talking about FDJ having a contract agreement with Barca.

Idk what kind of influence Ajax has on where his destination is. Are they the type of club who would say "go to PSG or we won't sell you at all"? How much agency does FDJ have in all of this and how much is he pressured by Ajax? I do think we are nitpicking on the price with Ajax as well, because if it was within reason of their initial demands then they probably wouldn't care too much.

At the end of the day, the most frustrating question for me is how the hell can PSG be allowed to get away with nonsense like this??? They are already under huge pressure about FFP and potential sanctions, and yet UEFA is just gonna let them dish out a couple more 100m sums before even considering to punish them? There were rumors about City getting a CL ban but none for PSG.

Absolutely embarrassing stuff for UEFA to blatantly let things like this slide because of all the under the table corruption they had with PSG in the first place. This type of scandal is as pathetic as anything FIFA have done, or USADA/WADA blatantly allowing PED use in MMA or Olympics. Fuck this pay to play nonsense that the Qataris get away with year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans