Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hello there, It's quite easy to say but Barca has an issue with the fee. That's really it. I'm by the way Dutch so i know what's going on over here. Frenkie loves Barcelona a lot. He is a fanboy like us. He really wants to play for Barcelona but Ajax wants 75m. So that makes it very hard for Barcelona to negotiate. Barca is still in the race for De Jong.( De Jong also knows that). There is no reason to panic because he knows Barca is interested in him. PSG can offer him anything still won't change a thing. The only mistake Barcelona can make is to move on. PSG was nearly close to sign him back in December. It was all over the Dutch news. But then Barcelona showed up and that changed everything. Maxwell(director PSG) was back in December talking with Ali Dursun(Agent of Frenkie) there were pictures of it. It was like a done deal. I repeat the only mistake Barca can make is to move on and forget about De Jong.

The problem is nobody seems to know what we are doing with regard to De Jong. MD and Sport have been crickets about De Jong lately and we have known by now TV3 and RAC1 etc. were just trolling us. Nobody knows if we actually submitted an offer to Ajax and how much.

De Jong might wish to join us but if we are completely inactive and indecisive, he will go to PSG. Barca can’t land players by offering nothing concrete.

I am more and more inclined to think that the club does not see De Jong as a priority and must-have. To them getting Rabiot for free is probably the priority. They club is either short on money or they think someone else is a better fit than De Jong.

cro-man

We should back up from those golden dutch boys other clubs did also and that for a good reason. I knew since his father gave a statement that they are going for the biggest bid and try to milk their target as much as possible with their greedy agents. Psg is desperate enough to give them everything so let them.

Devils

[tw]1084465933232553984[/tw]

Tuchel must be pushing for the FDJ transfer hard.

He's desperate for midfield transfers.

Devils

[tw]1084834164455673857[/tw]

[tw]1084835125454606337[/tw]

The kid is clearly clueless. :rakitic: came to the club and in only 5 years has taken the entire club hostage and has everyone at his mercy. No reason he can't either.

Vilarrubi

[tw]1084834164455673857[/tw]

[tw]1084835125454606337[/tw]

The kid is clearly clueless. :rakitic: came to the club and in only 5 years has taken the entire club hostage and has everyone at his mercy. No reason he can't either.

He’s got nothing to worry about.. you don’t pay 75m for a player then bench him............. Unlesssssssssss you play for Valverde who benches 150m players because he has no real tactics and can’t fit them in. :lol:

Raketa10

I cant under any circumstance justify that Rabiot should earn more than the biggest attacking superstars in the richest league in the world. And its not just how money is allocated. This type of wage for a defensive player of his caliber just isnt sustainable.

I agree on this part. Unfortunately that's the reality today and I also don't like it. :(

Ammar17j

The problem is nobody seems to know what we are doing with regard to De Jong. MD and Sport have been crickets about De Jong lately and we have known by now TV3 and RAC1 etc. were just trolling us. Nobody knows if we actually submitted an offer to Ajax and how much.

De Jong might wish to join us but if we are completely inactive and indecisive, he will go to PSG. Barca can’t land players by offering nothing concrete.

I am more and more inclined to think that the club does not see De Jong as a priority and must-have. To them getting Rabiot for free is probably the priority. They club is either short on money or they think someone else is a better fit than De Jong.
I agree. It all depends on how interested Barcelona is on Frenkie de Jong.
There are some problems right now and we don't know what's going to happen in the near future.
The one thing i can say is that Frenkie alone can change the whole situation. There are some hints......

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I agree. It all depends on how interested Barcelona is on Frenkie de Jong.
There are some problems right now and we don't know what's going to happen in the near future.
The one thing i can say is that Frenkie alone can change the whole situation. There are some hints......

Yup. You can only wait so long. All in all I don’t blame him if he goes to PSG. Probably better pay, more of a guaranteed playing time, good sporting project, ascending club.

Raketa10

We don't know that. It's perfectly normal we don't announce every move we make to the local press. :) At this point there is absolutely no sign we prefer Rabiot over De Jong. And don't believe those tweets, a pure example of click-bait.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We don't know that. It's perfectly normal we don't announce every move we make to the local press. :) At this point there is absolutely no sign we prefer Rabiot over De Jong. And don't believe those tweets, a pure example of click-bait.

The local press is clueless. Every sign points towards Barca having Rabiot as their main option. Seem to be one of the reasons de Jong is leaning towards PSG too as he'll have to compete against Rakitic who's undroppable by Valverde and a Rabiot who will demand a starting place or kick up a big fuss.

Can't blame him when our manager can't even find a place for a 150m player that's World Class or another great talent that's only done well whenever he's played(Arthur).

Lenglet is lucky Umtiti got injured or else he would have seen very limited minutes too.

Now you can say the player should come here and compete for a place, but that's not how it works in football nowadays and the sooner fans and Barca will realize it the better. If you pay that much money for a player you have to find a way to play him as often as possible. If you bench him, he'll leave. You don't pay 70+ millions for a player many teams want to have him compete with a bunch of other players for a significant role. Maybe it could work if you rotated the squad really well, but Valverde is incapable of that so that option goes out of the window.

People were trashing ter Stegen a few years ago for not wanting to compete with Bravo when he went to the club and told them he had a deal with Man City and they had to choose.

Last edited:

Raketa10

The local press is clueless. Every sign points towards Barca having Rabiot as their main option. Seem to be one of the reasons de Jong is leaning towards PSG too as he'll have to compete against Rakitic who's undroppable by Valverde and a Rabiot who will demand a starting place or kick up a big fuss.

Can't blame him when our manager can't even find a place for a 150m player that's World Class or another great talent that's only done well whenever he's played(Arthur).

Lenglet is lucky Umtiti got injured or else he would have seen very limited minutes too.

Now you can say the player should come here and compete for a place, but that's not how it works in football nowadays and the sooner fans and Barca will realize it the better. If you pay that much money for a player you have to find a way to play him as often as possible. If you bench him, he'll leave. You don't pay 70+ millions for a player many teams want to have him compete with a bunch of other players for a significant role. Maybe it could work if you rotated the squad really well, but Valverde is incapable of that so that option goes out of the window.

People were trashing ter Stegen a few years ago for not wanting to compete with Bravo when he went to the club and told them he had a deal with Man City and they had to choose.

If we sign Rabiot and De Jong we'll sell Rakitic for sure. There is also a fair chance Valverde won't be here next season. If FDJ is the real deal and I believe he is he would play for sure. Also don't forget that Busi will be over 31 next year. FDJ, Rabiot and Arthur could be our midfield for years to come.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we sign Rabiot and De Jong we'll sell Rakitic for sure. There is also a fair chance Valverde won't be here next season. If FDJ is the real deal and I believe he is he would play for sure. Next year Busi will be 32 don't forget that.

I don't think we'll be able to get a lot of money for Rakitic now. If the offer last summer was true then we missed out on a big chance.

He's a year older and PSG won't be in for him as they're moving on to younger targets.

I think Rakitic will be stubborn and stay even if the club will want to sell him.

Vilarrubi

I don't think we'll be able to get a lot of money for Rakitic now. If the offer last summer was true then we missed out on a big chance.

He's a year older and PSG won't be in for him as they're moving on to younger targets.

I think Rakitic will be stubborn and stay even if the club will want to sell him.

+1

Don't think it's gonna end well with Rakitic.. more and more poor games from him yet still his starting spot is untouchable.

Raketa10

I don't think he is a kind of player who would be fine with sitting 80% of games. If club decides to sell him he will leave and I am sure we'll find a club willing to buy him without any problem. Regarding money, it's hard to say how much would we get for him. It depends how desperate is the other side. If PSG fails to sign FDJ they could easily go for Rakitic once again.

Devils

Barcelona does not push out starting players unless 1) they want to leave or 2) they decline to a point where it becomes obvious they can't play at the level required anymore.

No chance Rakitic gets pushed out of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans