Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sounds like an awful idea. Exactly what you would expect from Barca management...

If you think about it, it all adds up.

Barca have been surpassed by Bayern in marketing revenue and dropped down to #4 after Neymar left. At the end of the day a lot of these guys know shit all about sport and are businessmen.

I think that's the reason we haven't sold the naming rights for New Camp Nou either. With Neymar on board they will demand more money.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The funny thing is, Robert apparently had a good relationship with De Jong and his agent or so and did a lot of work behind the scenes to try and make it possible.

His contract wasn't renewed and he left and Abidal didn't seem to rate De Jong that highly compared to someone like Rabiot by the looks of it.

Perhaps it is really because De Jong is not French. ;)

Devils

Barca have been surpassed by Bayern in marketing revenue and dropped down to #4 after Neymar left. At the end of the day a lot of these guys know shit all about sport and are businessmen.

I think that's the reason we haven't sold the naming rights for New Camp Nou either. With Neymar on board they will demand more money.

How would you explain affording his wages?

Seems impossible for a economical perspective both in terms of a transfer fee and salary scale.

DonAK

How would you explain affording his wages?

Seems impossible for a economical perspective both in terms of a transfer fee and salary scale.

They'll probably offload Malcom, Rakitic(Rabiot being his replacement) and a couple of other players. They were willing to offer Griezmann around 20m net last summer and Neymar will prob want around 30m net.

I won't be surprised if they propose a cash + player trade.

Jair Ventura

Choosing Neymar would be foolish. The most credible journalist around him are reporting he’s happy and settled in Paris. He’s developed a strong relationships with Tuchel & Mbappe.

Centauri B

Marketing revenue? Oh you are referring to Bayern's sponsorship by German corporations.

soul24rage

Choosing Neymar would be foolish. The most credible journalist around him are reporting he’s happy and settled in Paris. He’s developed a strong relationships with Tuchel & Mbappe.

I hope that relationship with Tuchel and Mbappe last a long time. For me, I don't want him back in our club.

serghei

We're not saving money from Neymar. That's bullshit. We probably want the player, but we don't want to enter a biding war with PSG just so that Ajax and his agent can get filthy rich.

Let's be logical about this. Ajax and De Jong's agent are in love with arab money, because there's lots and lots of those flying around in the market. They want a big piece of the big PSG pie and we're not gona bite.

Imo, the way the market is, we need to be smarter than auctioning for hyped up kids who haven't proven anything yet.

DonAK

We're not saving money from Neymar. That's bullshit. We probably want the player, but we don't want to enter a biding war with PSG just so that Ajax and his agent can get filthy rich.

Let's be logical about this. Ajax and De Jong's agent are in love with arab money, because there's lots and lots of those flying around in the market. They want a big piece of the big PSG pie and we're not gona bite.

Imo, the way the market is, we need to be smarter than auctioning for hyped up kids who haven't proven anything yet.

PSG offered him the same salary Dembele is on.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Marketing revenue? Oh you are referring to Bayern's sponsorship by German corporations.

Bayern's commercial portion of the revenues (which includes sponsorship and merchandising etc.) has always been higher than ours, at least it has been higher than ours in the last 5 years or so.

DonAK

God forbid our manager or players do anything to lobby for a player to join them. They're above that obviously.

Meanwhile other clubs and managers do that all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans