Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondDantes

Very happy that we're getting him given his reputation/talent. Although 90 million is way too steep, especially since we got a better player for 1/3 of the price.

Now I can only hope he's not your annual Eredivisie flop like Depay, Janssen and Klaassen. Current Dutch league is treacherous when it comes to players not being able to translate their performances to other - exponentially - tougher leagues. Frenkie better be ready, La Liga is a whole different beast than what's he's used to.

George_Costanza

As far as the name goes.

Although, the price is a real turn off. Not sure I'd go there. In 7 out of 10 cases not.

Agreed on the price but Rabiot's affair and PSG involvement drove up the price. His agent played us, but if FDJ fulfills his potential in the next few years, then it's money worth spending I guess.

VN10

Very happy that we're getting him given his reputation/talent. Although 90 million is way too steep, especially since we got a better player for 1/3 of the price.

Now I can only hope he's not your annual Eredivisie flop like Depay, Janssen and Klaassen. Current Dutch league is treacherous when it comes to players not being able to translate their performances to other - exponentially - tougher leagues. Frenkie better be ready, La Liga is a whole different beast than what's he's used to.

Is it a coincedence that all 3 players you mentioned were a flop in England? Where they waste money and don't think about their transfers? Everyone in Holland would have said that Depay needed an extra step before going to United and that Janssen had a hot season. Overcourse AZ is going to accept a retarded offer of 25m for Janssen. PSV was interested and wanted to go as far as 8-10m. English clubs create their own flops, the Eredivisie is not to blame for it.

Wijnaldum needed a year to acclimatise in England, after that he became a starter for Liverpool. What about Suarez? He was a big hit in Liverpool after coming from Ajax. And there are more examples of players from the Eredivisie who don't need an extra step before going to a bigger competition.

By the way, Klaassen is doing very very well in de Bundesliga now, at a similar club to Everton.

It's quite a biased statement to make. It comes down to bad/lazy scouting, mainly by English clubs.

Messi983

Pep Segura and Oscar Grau are flying to Amsterdam today.

There is still hope everything falls apart now that Segura is included.

Ajax

Oh, so now we are liking him again? Farmer de Jong!

Awesome news! Hope it's true.

On a side note, Overmars played Bartomeu! This price is as much as a meme as Bartomeu is.
Overmars is doing a very good job at Ajax! Arsenal wants Overmars as their football director, shouldn't we be interested either?

amazingly, quite some hardcore ajax fans dont like him :banghead: They are still blaming him for some mistakes he made in 2014 or some shit like that. He once bought a player for 300k that was really not good enough. He also bought some players like Wober for 8m that we sold for only 12m which is way below our demanded profit margin of 500%+ on each deal.

To me Overmars is our MVP. That guy is greedy is as hell when selling players. Shrewed negotiator. Imagine this deal from Ajax' point of view. Young player. Clearly a special kinda talent (but far from the end product). An amazing hype get built up. He shines vs. Bayern and Benfica. Plays amazing against France and Germany. Partly because the coaches were not too aware of his abilities. The hype gets bigger. He invites QSG to negotiate at his terms (in a public place). That leaks. All the big clubs get FOMO. The media makes the fans crazy (and sells their papers). I strongly doubt more than 10% of foreign fans ever saw him play outside of youtube)

Big game agains Madrid coming up. Not much to gain anymore. If we beat RM with 5-0 his price won't increase much more but if get hammered it might drop substantially. Sell him for 90m while keeping him for the remainder of the season.

Next player to sell: De Ligt. Our 19 year old captain is golden boy winner, played a UEFA cup final at 17, starter in the Dutch team and a rock solid purchase. Much less risk involved given his position, physique, experience and age. Ajax is now a club flooded with cash (we already were now its crazy) We sold a 21 year old for 90.. that will affect the price of MDL as well. Similar how Neymars fee affected the price of superstar players. Somehow it sets a bottom price. This deal hasnt been official yet but already the Manchester City rumors are starting to appear. I bet your ass that OVermars is somehow feeding the media

Then Ajax still has Neres, Tagliafico, Ziyech, Van de Beek, Onana and Dolberg in whom clubs are interested... We will likely lose half our squad but that was expected and part of life for a club like Ajax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans