Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondDantes

Is it a coincedence that all 3 players you mentioned were a flop in England? Where they waste money and don't think about their transfers? Everyone in Holland would have said that Depay needed an extra step before going to United and that Janssen had a hot season. Overcourse AZ is going to accept a retarded offer of 25m for Janssen. PSV was interested and wanted to go as far as 8-10m. English clubs create their own flops, the Eredivisie is not to blame for it.

Wijnaldum needed a year to acclimatise in England, after that he became a starter for Liverpool. What about Suarez? He was a big hit in Liverpool after coming from Ajax. And there are more examples of players from the Eredivisie who don't need an extra step before going to a bigger competition.

By the way, Klaassen is doing very very well in de Bundesliga now, at a similar club to Everton.

It's quite a biased statement to make. It comes down to bad/lazy scouting, mainly by English clubs.

I don't think so. Although I agree on you on the bad scouting but the aforementioned players fell beyond short of the level required for the league, let alone their respective teams.

Klaassen for instance had 4 different managers not even wanting him on the bench, including the one who signed him. Memphis had zero work-rate and after something like 40 league games scored 1 goal and had zero assists as a forward. Janssen wasn't even good enough for the Turkish league either, got benched all season long there for a past-it Soldado and then sent back to England where Pochettino reckons he's not even good enough to warrant a squad number.

As for Klaassen doing well in Germany, Werder Bremen fans tend to say he's a decent squad player who goes through his ups and downs. The difference is this is a league that's been declining of late and nowhere near as tough as the Premier League.

Suarez was a different story, he was always a mercurial, generational talent, plus Eredivisie was much better then. Wijnaldum did well because his level is much higher than the other 3, you could see right away he belonged at this level. Eriksen not only likewise, but even more so.

Ajax

I think there are many factors in play with Eredivisie players.

- Suarez: overperformed. He was great at Ajax but far from a generational talent. There were stong doubts he would make in PL
- Wijnaldum: overperformed big time. He was a very decent player at PSV. Newcastle was the perfect stepping stone for him but he has the right mentality and developed A LOT in PL. That guy must be so eager to learn and invest himself. Amazing
- Klaassen: underperformed. Was the key player a very mediocre Ajax that was winning the Dutch league because of the low perfomance of other clubs as well. Everton seemed the PERFECT choice. Everybody here agreed that he would pbb stay there for 2 years and then make an attempt at a bigger club. Boy, were we wrong...
- Siem de Jong: Bad luck with injuries but also clearly not PL material. This was also kinda surprising because he was rated quite high. Newcastle seemed a save pick from his side
- Depay: great player. ManU was too big. He is an asshole with a poor mentality. Could be a case of bad scouting? Great at Lyon now
- Janssen: poor scouting. Teared up the Eredivie for a half a year only. Was no way near the Spurs level. Also coming directly from a small NL club
- Eriksen: he was a generational talent and is showing it

Lets not forget players like Verthongen, Alderwereld, Sanchez,

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think there are many factors in play with Eredivisie players.

- Suarez: overperformed. He was great at Ajax but far from a generational talent. There were stong doubts he would make in PL
- Wijnaldum: overperformed big time. He was a very decent player at PSV. Newcastle was the perfect stepping stone for him but he has the right mentality and developed A LOT in PL. That guy must be so eager to learn and invest himself. Amazing
- Klaassen: underperformed. Was the key player a very mediocre Ajax that was winning the Dutch league because of the low perfomance of other clubs as well. Everton seemed the PERFECT choice. Everybody here agreed that he would pbb stay there for 2 years and then make an attempt at a bigger club. Boy, were we wrong...
- Siem de Jong: Bad luck with injuries but also clearly not PL material. This was also kinda surprising because he was rated quite high. Newcastle seemed a save pick from his side
- Depay: great player. ManU was too big. He is an asshole with a poor mentality. Could be a case of bad scouting? Great at Lyon now
- Janssen: poor scouting. Teared up the Eredivie for a half a year only. Was no way near the Spurs level. Also coming directly from a small NL club
- Eriksen: he was a generational talent and is showing it

Lets not forget players like Verthongen, Alderwereld, Sanchez,
Don’t agree that Suárez overperformed. He was a machine at Ajax.

VN10

I don't think so. Although I agree on you on the bad scouting but the aforementioned players fell beyond short of the level required for the league, let alone their respective teams.

Klaassen for instance had 4 different managers not even wanting him on the bench, including the one who signed him. Memphis had zero work-rate and after something like 40 league games scored 1 goal and had zero assists as a forward. Janssen wasn't even good enough for the Turkish league either, got benched all season long there for a past-it Soldado and then sent back to England where Pochettino reckons he's not even good enough to warrant a squad number.

As for Klaassen doing well in Germany, Werder Bremen fans tend to say he's a decent squad player who goes through his ups and downs. The difference is this is a league that's been declining of late and nowhere near as tough as the Premier League.

Suarez was a different story, he was always a mercurial, generational talent, plus Eredivisie was much better then. Wijnaldum did well because his level is much higher than the other 3, you could see right away he belonged at this level. Eriksen not only likewise, but even more so.

You are so wrong about many things, and you do not paint a complete picture like [MENTION=23571]Ajax[/MENTION] explained with a few additional names.

You're right about Klaassen though. But you are underrating the Bundesliga by overstating how much better the EPL is. And using the '4 coaches' as an arguement is quite mehhh. I wouldnt even call Big Sam a coach, he's a meme. A typical terrible English coach. Sorry to break your bubble, English coaches are very very below par. Not that it matters much, but I just wanted to add it.

Suarez a generational talent? Mate do your homework. It was pure luck that he got picked up by Groningen, if you don't know the story I reckon you should google it. It's a good story! And it's a miracle that he developed into the player he is today. Nobody expected that at every crossroad in his carreer.

Last edited:

VN10

Uhh yeah no he was not. Honestly, did you follow Ajax or the Eredivisie at that time?

He didn´t even play as a striker, El-Hamdaoui was the striker, Suarez was more of a wildcard in that team.
Only in his 3rd season he went through a miracle development and turned out to be a top-player for Ajax bagging 30+ goals.

He was sold to Liverpool not much later.

Ajax

He was good. Really good but not 'Liverpool is a stepping stone' -good. It wouldnt have been surprising if he failed/ got replaced at Liverpool and had become the target man at a club like Sevilla or Schalke.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Its not that simple, its not like we want to pay this amount of money for players, the clubs just won't sell for less and if we don't pay, someone else will, which isn't an option since we must stay n1 club with the most superstars.

No, clubs know we have incompetent morons running the club (seeing our transfer history) and charge us a premium accordingly. Those players wont necessarily sell for those prices because most clubs wont be stupid enough to pay that much for them. We massively exceeded anything PSG offered according to reports (and we had the player wanting to play with us on top of that)..

De Jong is not a superstar he's far from it so that point is moot, purchasing younger players with potential is meant to be cheaper because its riskier... yet sometimes it costs more then established players... I dont see an x-factor in this guy like dembele, i think it won't ever be as bad as the Coutinho situation because he fits our system and can play in a position we require reinforcement in.

Amigo, you want a sub-par player like Rabiot to play for Barca. Umh...

Why does it have to be that binary? there are other players out there!

----
The way i see negotiations playing out

Overmars: PSG offered 75m + 8m salary can you match it?
Barto: how about i give 75m throw in another 10m and give 10m salary because i want to fuck barca financially.
Overmars: ok but i just needed you to match it
Barto: ok fine, fine 75m +15m and ill give him 16m
overmars: ???? ok? deal i guess.

*Barto shakes hands grinning like he made the deal of the centry*

Barto Monologue: Fuck yeah that take psg. I miss neymar snr and his orgies. :(
Overmars monologue : I dont know what happened but that guys a fucking idiot.

clemente

No, clubs know we have incompetent morons running the club (seeing our transfer history) and charge us a premium accordingly. Those players wont necessarily sell for those prices because most clubs wont be stupid enough to pay that much for them. We massively exceeded anything PSG offered according to reports (and we had the player wanting to play with us on top of that)..

De Jong is not a superstar he's far from it so that point is moot, purchasing younger players with potential is meant to be cheaper because its riskier... yet sometimes it costs more then established players... I dont see an x-factor in this guy like dembele, i think it won't ever be as bad as the Coutinho situation because he fits our system and can play in a position we require reinforcement in.

Its easy to call them idiots but they are educated people running a business, and the reports that we "exceeded" PSG offers are a meme, how in the world some journos know the numbers that have been discussed.
Its very very rare that a superstar that age and from a league like that would not be an attacker, and he still is climbing very fast into the superstar status being a midfielder in ajax. And he obviously is more than just a "prospect" or unproven.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There is certainly an element of being played by Ajax here in terms of fee, both with leveraging the PSG interest and then having Barto arrive to give the proverbial 'bank check'

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Its easy to call them idiots but they are educated people running a business, and the reports that we "exceeded" PSG offers are a meme, how in the world some journos know the numbers that have been discussed.
Its very very rare that a superstar that age and from a league like that would not be an attacker, and he still is climbing very fast into the superstar status being a midfielder in ajax. And he obviously is more than just a "prospect" or unproven.

First of all running a football club isn't like running a business, Secondly we are at extreme risk with our current financial situation. Barto and Co would never take the risks they are taking or spending the amount they are spending if it was their money.

I know plenty of 'educated' people, being 'educated' means fuck all to me as you can be educated yet still be a moron/stupid.

Vilarrubi

QLYgNtRjjD.jpg

Frenkie to join Mrs. Trump the potato farmer in Spain over joining the farmers in France.

clemente

First of all running a football club isn't like running a business, Secondly we are at extreme risk with our current financial situation. Barto and Co would never take the risks they are taking or spending the amount they are spending if it was their money.

I know plenty of 'educated' people, being 'educated' means fuck all to me as you can be educated yet still be a moron/stupid.

First of all there isn't a one way of "running a bussiness", people posting on instagram now call it "'running a business", and running a football club is absolutely a business, are you kidding me lol.
And being educated does mean something, we wouldn't be so successful if as you say we are run simply by idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans