Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Huh? How do you factor in player values, which are artificial, in pure, real expenses? I don’t believe it. Also are you saying that 81% would have been higher if our player values didn’t decline?

It would be lower. They have estimated the value of players. They also include transfer fees paid/received in the staff costs.

Jombi

MD are saying 86m+4m variables.

Either way, these variables are probably just very easy ones, almost guaranteed to be paid the following year or two, to ensure we comply with FFP.

JPM85

MD are saying 86m+4m variables.

Either way, these variables are probably just very easy ones, almost guaranteed to be paid the following year or two, to ensure we comply with FFP.

We will know soon when Ajax releases the press release.
They are on the Dutch stock market, so they will need to publish the correct amounts.

gregorrin10

Now offload Denis quickly (this month if possible) to free up that #6 for Frenkie, and both #8 and #6 will again have worthy players wearing them. :dance::worthy::cheers:

Sorin

Really glad that we managed to get him. If it's for the 75m+7m bonuses as one of the trustworthy sources say then it's good. Still overpriced but it isn't like the 75m Ajax were demanding was some kind of secret. We knew that to get him that was the minimum fee to be paid. I bet my house that the wages are gross otherwise 16m net a year is probably in the range of Suarez and a few million more than Coutinho. Not happening. It's probably in the range of 8-10m net with the bonus included.

All in all it's quite a big risk but if it pays off we'll have this guy for 10+ years. I believe he has the talent to be one of the best DM/CM in the world so for me it's a no brainer. I could be wrong eventually, not the first time and it won't be the last time that I would be wrong about a player's potential.

In the worst case scenario, he flops and we recoup maybe half that fee in 2 or 3 years. Would be a pretty big hit to our finances but we'll cope. We lost all those 35m and wages for a couple years on Arda freaking Turan and seems we are doing just fine. Could be better obviously but let's be real, we're not in the gutter because of his failure.

Good luck Frenkie. Excited to see the connection between him and Arthur. Both like to move around so much, opposition players will probably become sick just trying to keep up. Add Messi and Busquets and teams won't know where the ball is. Can't wait!

Devils

[tw]1088091716924723201[/tw]

Lowkey though, if there is one club I am happy we are paying huge amounts of money to, it's Ajax.

gregorrin10

[tw]1088091716924723201[/tw]

Lowkey though, if there is one club I am happy we are paying huge amounts of money to, it's Ajax.

I would be smiling too, if i knew i was gonna get to play together with Leo in a few months, especially being as big a Messi fanboy as Frenkie is! :p Agree about paying Ajax, if anyone deserve a big ass fee for once, for all the talents they gave to the football world and are continuing to do so, it's them.

Last edited:

Sorin

Not to mention clubs like Willem II pocketing some cash as well from what I've read. Good for them, though they sold him for 1 euro. :lol:

El Flaco

Mike Verweijj (Tier 1 for Ajax) says De Jong will sign a 5-year-contract with Barca and join us in the summer.

[tw]1088093699131785217[/tw]

Kul_z

Well, if all that fuss is true, im glad and happy that this saga is over. It could be such a bummer if we miss on this guy. He's everything barca player should be, a textbook example, and just to think that we have dembele and de jong for 5+ years right now future seems bright. Hella bright if we bring de ligt also. De ligt, lenglet, umtiti, de jong, coutinho(not that young) dembouz. Xavi simmons knocking on the door pretty soon, riqui puig showing some real potential, some exciting times are ahead of us, thats pretty obvious

El Barcelona

Well, if all that fuss is true, im glad and happy that this saga is over. It could be such a bummer if we miss on this guy. He's everything barca player should be, a textbook example, and just to think that we have dembele and de jong for 5+ years right now future seems bright. Hella bright if we bring de ligt also. De ligt, lenglet, umtiti, de jong, coutinho(not that young) dembouz. Xavi simmons knocking on the door pretty soon, riqui puig showing some real potential, some exciting times are ahead of us, thats pretty obvious

You can add Aleñá and Arthur to that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans