Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcomer

The Madrid deal hasn't been finalized to my knowledge. At least not on our end.

Do you have a link?

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/01/17/5c4100c7268e3e184d8b457c.html

Deal not sealed but seems pretty close. PSG has never been mentionned after this summer.

The deal includes sponsorship deals with Qatari based companies to help Napoli diversify their revenue streams.

And that particular part doens't make sense.

There is a paragraph in FFP dedicated to prevent team from circumventing the spirit of the rule. This is a blatant attempt.
You could easily defend it if you say it is coincidental. But now that all the italian journos have explicitely said it is PART of the deal, that makes no sense at all.

Jair Ventura

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/01/17/5c4100c7268e3e184d8b457c.html

Deal not sealed but seems pretty close. PSG has never been mentionned after this summer.

I don’t trust Marca. Especially If UOL didn’t carry the story.

And that particular part doens't make sense.

There is a paragraph in FFP dedicated to prevent team from circumventing the spirit of the rule. This is a blatant attempt.
You could easily defend it if you say it is coincidental. But now that all the italian journos have explicitely said it is PART of the deal, that makes no sense at all.

I'm waiting for the CAS ruling of PSG's case, but FFP doesn't have much of a leg to stand on anymore imo. Look at how Milan conducted themselves this window, and their case was far worse than PSG's.

YodaMaster

Read previous pages.

To [MENTION=19661]Jair Ventura[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION]: 75m for FDJ isn't expensive, it's not cheap either, it's ok. He's the greatest talent at his position. City paid around 80m for KDB and around 70m for Sterling, when they were just promising youngsters too. And that happened before the Neymar-Mbappe-Coutinho madnesses. FDJ bought for less than half of Mbappe's or Coutnho's price is actually good.

Btw, just remember that we paid more for Paulinho+Gomes than for FDJ, who'll be 10 times the player. This kid will make it at Barça if something unexpected doesn't happen. Relax guys, it's a great deal.

Can't wait to see the Busquets-FDJ-Arthur trio. Finally we'll be back at being Barça in the midfield.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Read previous pages.

To [MENTION=19661]Jair Ventura[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION]: 75m for FDJ isn't expensive, it's not cheap either, it's ok. He's the greatest talent at his position. City paid around 80m for KDB and around 70m for Sterling, when they were just promising youngsters too. And that happened before the Neymar-Mbappe-Coutinho madnesses.

Btw, just remember that we paid more for Paulinho+Gomes than for FDJ, who'll be 10 times the player. This kid will make it at Barça if something unexpected doesn't happen. Relax guys, it's a great deal.

Can't wait to see the Busquets-FDJ-Arthur trio. Finally we'll be back at being Barça in the midfield.

I don’t know why you’re mentioning me, but even when he was leaning towards PSG I didn’t believe he was the best talent at his position. That is Ndombélé for me.

FDJ iwas expensive but it isn’t that serious.

xXKonan

Dxr3CyrVsAIqTtr.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
See, uncle Perez is being smart and saving money for their new stadium there.

Meanwhile I have no idea where we will get our 200m from (the other 200m comes from the naming right).

YodaMaster

I don’t know why you’re mentioning me, but even when he was leaning towards PSG I didn’t believe he was the best talent at his position. That is Ndombélé for me.

FDJ iwas expensive but it isn’t that serious.

I'm mentioning you because you wrote Neymar and Mbappe have nothing to do with Barça paying 75m for FDJ, which is not true.
In a market where the most expensive player is CR7 at 94m (2nd Zidane at 75m), a super promising kid will cost 40m.
In a market where the most expensive player is Neymar at 230m (2nd Mbappe at 180m), a super promising kid will cost 80m at least.

That's the truth and I'm not blaming PSG for paying those sums for Neymar and Mbappe. The market will always keep on evolving to higher heights and PSG speeded up that evolution. Just like MU did when they paid 105m for Pogba or 90m for Lukaku.

Regarding Ndombele, he's a great talent that I love, but right now he isn't as high rated as FDJ is by majority of football fans/experts. And these ratings have a big impact on the prices.

Jair Ventura

I'm mentioning you because you wrote Neymar and Mbappe have nothing to do with Barça paying 75m for FDJ, which is not true.
In a market where the most expensive player is CR7 at 94m (2nd Zidane at 75m), a super promising kid will cost 40m.
In a market where the most expensive player is Neymar at 230m (2nd Mbappe at 180m), a super promising kid will cost 80m at least.

That's the truth and I'm not blaming PSG for paying those sums for Neymar and Mbappe. The market will always keep on evolving to higher heughts and PSG speeded up that evolution. Just like MU did when they paid 105m for Pogba or 90m for Lukaku.

Regarding Ndombele, he's a great talent that I love, but right now he isn't as high rated as FDJ is by majority of football fans/experts. And these ratings have a big impact on the prices.

I’ve already explained the concept of inflation to this board. It isn’t caused by assets that are worth their price tag, nor luxury assets that are only affordable by extremely wealthy individuals.

I.e. A single family buying a €3m mansion does not inflate the real estate market, but 100 people renting €2k one bedroom Condo’s does.

Ndombélé is literally outplaying FDJ as we speak, and will demand a similar fee without the hype. He’s doing this in a superior competition no less.

Newcomer

Meanwhile I have no idea where we will get our 200m from (the other 200m comes from the naming right).

Madrid sides has always said that Florentino wants value for his money.
He can spend despite the stadium (they took a credit over 20 or 30 years to finance it), there is just no good players available at the moment.
Look at Courtois, he wouldn't be avaiblabe if not his contractual situation. Madrid didn't hesitate and took him despite having an already good keeper in Navas.
Same situation this summer will happen with Hazard. They'll probably use Kovacic as leverage in the negociation to lower the price.
They have James that is not sure to stay at Bayern and can be used to finance another target with profitable situation : Eriksen.
And if you believe Real is using so swiftly his comunicado oficial when there is rumors about PSG superstars for laugh, you are in for a rude awakening. The owners know each other and Real is just waiting the time the door will open. The money is just there waiting for the right targets.

Givenchy

he'll be lucky if anyone turns up in that shiny new stadium with the way Madrid have been going :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Madrid sides has always said that Florentino wants value for his money.
He can spend despite the stadium (they took a credit over 20 or 30 years to finance it), there is just no good players available at the moment.
Look at Courtois, he wouldn't be avaiblabe if not his contractual situation. Madrid didn't hesitate and took him despite having an already good keeper in Navas.
Same situation this summer will happen with Hazard. They'll probably use Kovacic as leverage in the negociation to lower the price.
They have James that is not sure to stay at Bayern and can be used to finance another target with profitable situation : Eriksen.
And if you believe Real is using so swiftly his comunicado oficial when there is rumors about PSG superstars for laugh, you are in for a rude awakening. The owners know each other and Real is just waiting the time the door will open. The money is just there waiting for the right targets.

I have no doubt Perez knows what he is doing. I don't agree that Courtois was a smart signing though, he was not needed and didn't improve them.

Yeah, I think should Mbappe decide to leave PSG he will mostly end up at Real Madrid, for multiple reasons.

YodaMaster

I’ve already explained the concept of inflation to this board. It isn’t caused by assets that are worth their price tag, nor luxury assets that are only affordable by extremely wealthy individuals.

I.e. A single family buying a €3m mansion does not inflate the real estate market, but 100 people renting €2k one bedroom Condo’s does.

Ndombélé is literally outplaying FDJ as we speak, and will demand a similar fee without the hype. He’s doing this in a superior competition no less.

Well, I don't completely agree with your idea of inflation, or how you apply it in football I must say.
Nevertheless, De Jong is worth 75m on today's market.
Ndombele will leave Lyon for similar price tag, no doubt. And we'll see who's the better player very soon. I think they're both great.

Jair Ventura

Well, I don't completely agree with your idea of inflation. Nevertheless, De Jong is worth 75m on today's market.
Ndombele will leave Lyon for similar price tag, no doubt. And we'll see who's the better player very soon. I think they're both great.

- I don't have an issue with what Barca paid for FDJ, but that doesn't mean he isn't expensive.

- Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans