Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulgroz

And which ratio is that ? The "meh striker per 3rd best player in the world" ratio ? Denilson got sold 4 times the price Juve paid for Zidane (Europa league finalist, France's playmaker, already one of the most promising midfielder in the world). Neymar got sold 2,5 times more than what Utd paid for a striker who was far from being WC.

Honestly I feel like buying Lucas Moura for 40 millions was way crazier than buying Neymar for 220.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You bet 90% of this forum will now watch Ajax v Real Madrid too lol

I know I will. Both games against Bayern very entertaining. Ajax got a team capable of hurting anyone, but their inexperience often costs them more than naivety as others said.

Ajax are probably going to outplay Real Madrid, but not go through because they struggle to finish their chances and kill the game.

Devils

As part of the De Jong deal we should have tried to get Huntelaar on loan for the rest of the season.

Would have been a killer back-up striker.

FFS.

I actually can't believe we didn't even consider it.

DonAK

http://www.football-oranje.com/van-persie-de-jong-can-handle-barcelona-level/

Barcelona confirmed the capture of De Jong on Wednesday with the 21-year-old’s five-year deal starting next summer.
Van Persie said, “I read about Frenkie De Jong’s move to FC Barcelona and I think that is a great step for him.
“If I had the choice between Manchester City, Paris St Germain or Barcelona I would have chosen Barcelona like he has done.
Barcelona are a fantastic club.

“I believe that he can handle the level and gain a place in the starting eleven because he already plays the Barcelona way and he is a very intelligent player who is technically gifted. He sees passes and opportunities and if he plays with the likes of Lionel Messi and Sergio Busquets he will become a better player.”

Van Persie also believes the deal shows that Dutch football is back on the rise, “De Jong’s transfer is also good for Dutch football. You have to remember a few years ago people were asking where does Dutch football go now after we lost 2-0 away to Iceland. I stated at the time that it was a phase and that a better phase will come and that is how it goes in football.

“After having a bit of patience you see that players are breaking through in England at Liverpool and Manchester United. De Jong’s transfer to Barcelona and the Dutch national team are playing well. We must all enjoy this together.”

Newcomer

As part of the De Jong deal we should have tried to get Huntelaar on loan for the rest of the season.

Would have been a killer back-up striker.

FFS.

I actually can't believe we didn't even consider it.

Ajax is trying to win silverware before selling big this summer.

They already have too much money compared to the kind of players they can attract.

Makes sense for them to go for their one chance in recent years.

About the guy saying Ajax will outplay Real Madrid. I dunno why but i feel Real will prevail again. They'll score for fun against that naive team. Ajax is overrated imo : how can a team with so many world beaters worth hundred of millions never win against a PSV team with no one quoted as close in term of talent ?

DonAK

Ajax didn't look out of place twice against a Bayern Munich side with several big names. Anyone that watched both games and say Ajax didn't deserve a better outcome or should have gotten one had it not been for their inexperience didn't watch those games.

Besides, some teams might step up to the competition. It doesn't speak about their quality if they struggle to finish off games against Dutch sides when they play like they do against the best.

I would use an apt comparison: PSG batter every Ligue 1 side, absolutely dominate them and have done so for years. 99% of their games in the Ligue 1 look so easy for them, in a competition a few guys here claim to be a very good one, yet in the CL you still cannot get to the SFs, even after having met inferior sides.

Is that because of your naivety, inexperience or because you lack quality which reflects the poor state of your league and some of your players?

Newcomer

We lost to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea and City. Among those, only City was really worse than us and our coach fucked up with a 3 5 2 he had never done before. As a consequence, he saw a sack.
Unless, you want to compare those clubs to PSV, i don't see the correlation.
An apt comparison would have been the year PSG lost the league to Monaco. But again, that Monaco side went to SF and all their players went to great clubs with record amounts and are among the best in the world now.
My question still stand, you never know about any world class player from PSV still they beat Ajax for years. Ajax, though, is supposed to have all these world class players that don't show up (even against PSV).

As you talk about Bayern, de Jong had a sub par game. This is what i'm hinting. They are not bad players but there is too much hype putting them at world class levels when they are still prospect with world class ceiling.
In CL, Real has already shown that their experience matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans