Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidane82

Just watched some of the game today. It would be a waste to play this guy as a DM. He is way too good offensively for that. Left interior it is.

Last time I saw him he was on the left of midfield but he moved back and central an awful lot simply to get the hall of the CBs ..

khaled_a_d

From what I understood, the club told him they see him playing in front of Busquets in the short-term so I imagine we'll see a midfield of de Jong - Busquets - Arthur quite a few times next season.

Will be interesting to see how it works.

Won't be surprised if Busquets leaves after the 2020 season.

I thought he said we plan to play him in Busquets position?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I thought he said we plan to play him in Busquets position?

I've seen different translations. Will try to find the original article and perhaps ask some Dutch guy here to translate it correctly?

But as I understood it he said Barca see him playing in all three positions, but in the short-term ahead of Busquets? I don't know if that means as a starter in front of Busquets or playing in front of Busquets along with the other interior.

Would be a weird thing to say though, if he meant he was told he'll play in Busquets' position as a starter while Busquets is benched :lol:

DonAK

Everyone quoting those 10m salary + 6m bonuses, but I believe those are gross amounts, which would make him earn somewhere around 5m net which is below someone like Dembele whose base salary is 8m net + bonuses.

[tw]1088560735062577159[/tw]

Jair Ventura

Everyone quoting those 10m salary + 6m bonuses, but I believe those are gross amounts, which would make him earn somewhere around 5m net which is below someone like Dembele whose base salary is 8m net + bonuses.

[tw]1088560735062577159[/tw]

You're making things up.

DonAK

Provide a source substantiating your assertion.

Barcelona press saying his pay is below those players. 10m salary + 6m bonus quoted. If it was net, he would earn more than Dembele whose base salary is 8m net.

More likely those figures are gross amount, the salary the club will be paying him. Income tax in Catalunya is 51%. He'll pocket somewhere close to 5m + bonuses in line with Mundo Deportivo's report.

Jair Ventura

Source for what? Be clearer please. For that his pay will be below those players? For the 10m + 6m figure which is quoted in the Dutch press or for Dembele's salary?

A source for your €5m wage claim. Never saw that figure anywhere but from you.

DonAK

I did. You made it up.

No, I was making sense of his salary in line with the report by Mundo Deportivo putting his salary at the third tier behind all those players mentioned along with the report from the Dutch Press that Barca would pay him 10m in salary + 6m in signing bonus.

Considering Dembele's base salary is 12m, which is his gross salary as written in his contract which Der Spiegel through their Football Leaks division were in the possession of, it makes sense.

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...volle-abloese-trotz-verletzung-a-1169294.html

Now before you start talking again, the club don't pay the players' taxes so what's written on their contracts is the amount paid by the club to the player, while Catalunya have a 51% tax rate.

The report is that de Jong is making less money than Dembele, whose base pay is around 6m net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans