Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

Watching a couple of Highlight videos from a couple of his performances recently.

If there's one thing he needs to work on with the ball is probably not to dwell on it to long. There are times he gets the ball from deep and he's in walking and spending to much time on the ball a bit, kinda like Arthur when he was in Brazil. In the bigger leagues he will get caught out for doing that.

But also going by the videos the Ajax side at times suffers from some of the problems we have. Just not enough movement for FDJ to be more effective. But once Ajax starting moving a lot more FDJ's quality starts to really shine and he's fun to watch.

His Performance today.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's continuing to play well. FDJ is pretty much the entire creative engine of their midfield. Schone has neutral performances with negligible offensive impact for the most part while Van de Beek, who's supposed to be their CDM, is basically a Paulinho type player and touches the ball as much as a striker.

Total-Football

speed mean fuck all in football. Pique is barca top three speed wise. it s all about acceleration because in football you take turns a lot.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
speed mean fuck all in football. Pique is barca top three speed wise. it s all about acceleration because in football you take turns a lot.

Is this a legit measurement or were you exaggerating? Genuinely asking cause I'd be fucking shocked if Pique was anywhere near top 3 in top speed at Barca :lol: dude's hips and feet move like molasses

Total-Football

Is this a legit measurement or were you exaggerating? Genuinely asking cause I'd be fucking shocked if Pique was anywhere near top 3 in top speed at Barca :lol: dude's hips and feet move like molasses

his top speed is 32km/h i am sure i have seen it somewhere .. very recently too.. he looks slow because of very poor acceleration + the visual effect of his long strides.. long legs take fewer steps that is why short guys look quicker.

FCBfan22

FCBfan22

How the hell is Busquets the second most paciest in the team now!? May be Dembele would have more speed leaving Busi stand third! WTF!!

I think Alba, Semedo, Malcom and Dembele are all faster than Busi.

But that was 2 years ago. He might have lost a half of km/h since then.

BBZ8800

Bullshit.

https://www.90min.com/posts/4828503...-slowest-barcelona-players-so-far-this-season

This was in 2017 and he was dead last in our squad with 30.66 km/h.

He can't be faster when he's two years older.

I think Alba, Semedo, Malcom and Dembele are all faster than Busi.

But that was 2 years ago. He might have lost a half of km/h since then.

Even if Busquets has a high top speed, that is useless.
Because he needs around 30 minutes of running to actually get to his top speed.
He is slow as a turtle in tight spaces and when he needs to accelerate.

Acceleration and short runs are more useful tests for midfielders.

How often do you see Arthur, Rakitic and Busquets running at their top speed regardless if it is 20 or 40km/h?
For attackers, wingers and full backs, and Cbs on counters, that is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans