Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magyarkhan

He'll get about ten times as many chances as Malcom, the Messi reserve. There is no way he'll get 1 start in La Liga as central midfielder before being offloaded. I didnt watch the games you talk about, but did you watch his international games against France and Germany? Those midfields are far superior to the two teams he faced now and he did marvelous.

Frenkie is the type of guy that needs better players around him as he is mostly one step ahead of his teammates.... with the likes of Messi he can up his skills much better.

Well it seems all the transfer rumours around some Ajax players is kiling the teamspirit.... too early in the season. Real could benefit from it i think...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I've to disagree with this statement

How did you come to this conclusion?

Top teams like PSV and Ajax can bang with the best in the CL and not get humiliated. PSV outplayed us badly in our 2nd CL game against them despite our victory. They performed well against Tottenham and Inter too despite being in arguably the most difficult CL group. Ajax drew against Bayern twice and looked like the better team for large stretches of both games. They also beat Benfica once and outplayed them both times. Would you not say that Liga Nos is above the level of the Brazilian league?

Not to mention that the litany of players on Eredivisie teams that play for their NT or have experience there, at least in the top 6 of the table. Something that can't be said for the Brasileirao.

The bottom 10 of the Eredivisie is certainly horrible but in the top 10 there's not any egregious point gap between each team. That it can be somewhat competitive despite Ajax/PSV holding their own in the CL should speak to its quality.

khaled_a_d

Top teams like PSV and Ajax can bang with the best in the CL and not get humiliated. PSV outplayed us badly in our 2nd CL game against them despite our victory. They performed well against Tottenham and Inter too despite being in arguably the most difficult CL group. Ajax drew against Bayern twice and looked like the better team for large stretches of both games. They also beat Benfica once and outplayed them both times. Would you not say that Liga Nos is above the level of the Brazilian league?

Not to mention that the litany of players on Eredivisie teams that play for their NT or have experience there, at least in the top 6 of the table. Something that can't be said for the Brasileirao.

The bottom 10 of the Eredivisie is certainly horrible but in the top 10 there's not any egregious point gap between each team. That it can be somewhat competitive despite Ajax/PSV holding their own in the CL should speak to its quality.

Portuguese league has been above Eredivisie for some time, some few good games from Ajax & PSV doesn't change that.
At the end this is very subjective argument since they aren't competing against each other, hard to put a comparison but honestly I rate the Dutch very low right now.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Portuguese league has been above Eredivisie for some time, some few good games from Ajax & PSV doesn't change that.
At the end this is very subjective argument since they aren't competing against each other, hard to put a comparison but honestly I rate the Dutch very low right now.

I'm not saying Eredivisie is better than Liga Nos. Just that both are definitely higher than the Brazilian league, and Eredivisie is not so much worse than the Portuguese league that the top teams can't even compete against each other.

There's also 4-5 other arguments I posted that also point to the Dutch league being better than the Brazilian league. They haven't played each other, but the evidence outside of that absolutely suggests that the Dutch league is better. There's several seasons where the South American (not even necessarily Brazilian) team loses out to teams from Asia or the Middle East in the Club WC, even just this past year. And those are the ones who win the Libertadores.

You can't just say "I rate the Dutch league very low" with no argument and then have reasonable grounds for disagreeing with someone who says the Dutch league is better than the Brazilian league.

khaled_a_d

You can't just say "I rate the Dutch league very low" with no argument and then have reasonable grounds for disagreeing with someone who says the Dutch league is better than the Brazilian league.

Actually I can, especially when non -including you- has provided any valid argument to prove otherwise. Donak surely didn't.
And I actually said it is a very subjective argument, almost every one watch Liga & EPL and there is ton of metrics to measure each but which one is better has been an endless debate for almost a decade, why? because comparing leagues are very subjective thing. Now putting this in comparison to Brazilian & Dutch league where there is even way less measures and people barely watch 10 games each season from them? Non of us can truly present a solid argument. That is why I didn't go "full discussion" in it with either you or Donak.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Sucks have to wait till the end of the season for him, Very excited about this transfer even though I'm still annoyed with the price we paid.

Messi983

Lied about What?

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Mercato-pourquoi-frenkie-de-jong-n-est-pas-venu-au-psg/982623

google translate

On the front line of the file, Antero Henrique feels cheated and understands to be abused. In reality, Barça has always had priority on this issue and Ajax Amsterdam, training club De Jong, has never really wanted to sell his player in Paris, strong links woven over time between the two clubs, which have often done business in the past (Cruyff, Neeskens, Witschge, De Boer, Cillessen ...).

Newcomer

The only French report I saw only referenced Henrique being upset, but it wasn’t a strong source.

France Football is shit if you want news. They never know anything and have 0 informations on transfers.

The only thing valuable they do are very detailed interviews and the Ballon d'Or.

However, i could understand the feeling of being used by Ajax because PSG has never communicated about this transfer. Overmars mouthpiece at de Telegraff did and it launched the bidding war.

VN10

Actually I can, especially when non -including you- has provided any valid argument to prove otherwise. Donak surely didn't.
And I actually said it is a very subjective argument, almost every one watch Liga & EPL and there is ton of metrics to measure each but which one is better has been an endless debate for almost a decade, why? because comparing leagues are very subjective thing. Now putting this in comparison to Brazilian & Dutch league where there is even way less measures and people barely watch 10 games each season from them? Non of us can truly present a solid argument. That is why I didn't go "full discussion" in it with either you or Donak.

The difference between the Eredivisie and Liga NOS is not that large, some think the Dutch league is better and vice versa.

That difference will become larger in the near future, in favor of the Eredivisie, due to limiting factors as 'no 3rd pary ownership' and better rules for 'financial fair play'.
Portugues clubs, as well as Spanish, are always into shady deals and weird contract-constructions. They will be limited more and more by Fifa's rules.

Also the Dutch economy is one of the strongest in the world and a lot stronger than the Portuguese, and the Spanish, which will benefit the Eredivisie in the near future. Mainly because I wouldn't be surprised if the economical crisis in Southern Europe becomes more intense.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

The difference between the Eredivisie and Liga NOS is not that large, some think the Dutch league is better and vice versa.

That difference will become larger in the near future, in favor of the Eredivisie, due to limiting factors as 'no 3rd pary ownership' and better rules for 'financial fair play'.
Portugues clubs, as well as Spanish, are always into shady deals and weird contract-constructions. They will be limited more and more by Fifa's rules.

Also the Dutch economy is one of the strongest in the world and a lot stronger than the Portuguese, and the Spanish, which will benefit the Eredivisie in the near future. Mainly because I wouldn't be surprised if the economical crisis in Southern Europe becomes more intense.

You are without a doubt one of the biggest trolls on this forum and that is saying something.

In what universe is the Eredivisie ( :lol: ) better than Ligue 1? By no measurement is that the case. Neither economy, talent work, actual level, UEFA coefficient list, European performances in recent seasons, exposure etc. I am saying that as an open and well-known critique of Ligue 1 here. In fact Eredivisie is BELOW the level of the Belgian league. The same Belgian league that has performed better in Europe in recent seasons.

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/crank2019.html

Eredivisie is ranked 11th in Europe. The Belgian 8th. Enough said.

Serie A is the league that has spent more money on transfers other than PL in recent seasons. La Liga is third. Total nonsense. Both La Liga and Serie A are on the rise economically and the potentail is billion times larger than anything the Eredivisie can ever dream about.

Since when is the Dutch economy stronger than the Spanish or Italian one? The Italian economy is the 8th largest economy in the world FFS while Spain is 13th. The Netherlands has a long way to catch up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

BTW, how is that Ibrahima Konaté and Yerry Mina comparison going for you?:lol:

https://streamja.com/veVG

Third-party ownership is not much widespread in Spain at all (that is Portugal) and in Italy it is no longer legal. Shows how much you know.:facepalm:

BTW, I saw the Feyenoord-Ajax "derby". Some shocking level of football and defending from de Ligt. Even more shocking referring. Yes, THAT league, will surpass La Liga and Serie A and Ligue 1 too. Maybe in another galaxy.:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans