Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

Remember when you wanted Rabiot instead because he was better and physically more gifted :pep:

Changed your mind now?

I love Frenkie.
I would still want Rabiot for free as a different option.

Frenkie is awesome.
There is one other overhyped guy whom I don't like.

BBZ8800

We started last game vs Napoli with Busi and Rakitic and i have no ideea how they didn't win 5-0. Our midfield was run over again and utter shit.

No Rakitic and Busi today and their midfield was 0. Score was also 4-0 after 1 hour of play.

Simply outstanding , this man is a god.

Ok.
Not to mention Firpo, Todibo, Umtiti, Wague 5 stars defending.

Sorin

Arthur, Alena, Puig with this guy directing everything like a puppeteer and Ten Haag on the bench next year and we in business.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Ok.
Not to mention Firpo, Todibo, Umtiti, Wague 5 stars defending.

They have nothing to do with midfield. The defending in the defensive third was terrible bar Todibo as well, but the midfield just wasn't there. You acknowledged it yourself. Puig was pressing, and old men Busi and Raki were constantly getting caught in no man's land. Busi was "pressing" too, but we know how his pressing looks like.

BBZ8800

He is incredibly gifted physically. Certainly he is one of those fabled physical midfielders BBZ dreams about despite his appearance.

Actually Frenkie is a mix of s technique and physique, yes.

Technique: check
Off the ball movement: check
Pace: check
Stamina: check
Height and aerial duels: check
Some muscles: check
Defending: check
IQ: check

Now, imagine that we have two machines like Frenkie who are technical, fast, tall, strong, smart, good in defense.

No offense to other players, but look at how much more Frenkie can offer than guys who are only technical but poor in physical terms like Busi, Puig, Arthur etc.

Again, imagine one technical Barca Dna midfielder and 2 Frenkies.
That is way better than 3 light midfielders, isn't it?

But I know, there aren't many players like him.
But still... imagine two machines like him in midfield.

YodaMaster

I love Frenkie.
I would still want Rabiot for free as a different option.

Frenkie is awesome.
There is one other overhyped guy whom I don't like.

Yeah, but I remember you explaining that Rabiot is a better option because he had more experience, and is taller.
Fact is you were talking without knowing shit about these 2 players. Random dude with basic football understanding would never have a preference for Rabiot over FDJ, after watching both of them.

BBZ8800

Yeah, but I remember you explaining that Rabiot is a better option because he had more experience, and is taller.
Fact is you were talking without knowing shit about these 2 players. Random dude with basic football understanding would never have a preference for Rabiot over FDJ, after watching both of them.

Rabiot was a wish because he offers a different profile than Alena, Arthur, Puig, Coutinho, Iniesta, Rafinha, Denis and other guys whom we had back then.

I don't remember that it was Frenkie vs Rabiot.
More like: Rabiot vs 5 similar players.

Anyway, Frenkie is the best midfielder now.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Rabiot was a wish because he offers a different profile than Alena, Arthur, Puig, Coutinho, Iniesta, Rafinha, Denis and other guys whom we had back then.

I don't remember that it was Frenkie vs Rabiot.
More like: Rabiot vs 5 similar players.

Anyway, Frenkie is the best midfielder now.

You definitely were undermining FDJ in favor of Rabiot. And you undermined De Ligt in favor of Lenglet at the same time.

In fact, I distinctly remember you saying FDJ had a problem because he tried "too much forward passing" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans