Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

De Jong being a DM is pretty much tied to the fact that at the DM you play exactly in the middle of the pitch, in all directions.

If you check the positional map of players, the one player who has access to the most teammates in terms of triangles is the defensive midfielder, or in our case the deep lying playmaker, because that is what De Jong will be to us most of the time considering our possession game.

In the rigid setup of Valverde, the wide midfielders don't have very often access to each other. If you check the pass maps during Valverde, you'll notice that the two vertical halves of the field do not have very often passing connections to each other because there is low fluidity.

As a wide midfielder (either side of the central midfielder, be it RM, or LM) under Valverde the most used pass scenario is to fullback. That is basically wasting the potential of De Jong.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Doesn't matter to me BBZ rates current Rakitic anyways.
I just think its hype. I might be wrong though, lets see how his season goes.

What exactly about him do you think is hype and why are you not convinced? Not that I really give a damn at the end of the day, but just curious so I can deduce a few things.

DAMNit

What exactly about him do you think is hype and why are you not convinced? Not that I really give a damn at the end of the day, but just curious so I can deduce a few things.

There is a certain flair missing in his game. Something I am used to seeing in Barca/elite midfielders play.
His play style is just to bland.

DonAK

There is a certain flair missing in his game. Something I am used to seeing in Barca/elite midfielders play.

You mean like the ability to dribble several players and leave some of the best midfielders in dust?

DonAK

Lol, if we'd play only the players with his seal of approval we'd barely field 5 players.

Lol.

Just saying, for a guy that hates literally every player under the age of 28, it's special for BBZ to like someone like FdJ :lol:

CatalinR10

giphy.gif

serghei

Lol.

Just saying, for a guy that hates literally every player under the age of 28, it's special for BBZ to like someone like FdJ :lol:

That's because he wants a clear success on his resume, among many predictions of failure. He came out with this because it looks inevitable that he will deliver. It is a very good decision to support De Jong right now, tactically.

DonAK

Getting the F. de Jong #21 away shirt for sure. A lot of my excitement for the upcoming season is tied with this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans