Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxAmsterdam

Not strange to see the 2 players De Jong clicks with the most on the field are Alena and Dembele, they would fit perfectly in an Ajax system aswell both have a lot of mobility.

Leo_Messi

This guy is the Messi of central midfielders. Call me insane and easily emotional but that performance against Napoli was spectacular and highlighted everything that our midfield has been lacking for years. What a gem of a player and what a signing. Have to give praise to the board for this one despite my age-long opposition to them. Might be Bartomeu's best singing to date.

I don't want to hear Valverde make any excuses for De Jong or cryptic responses during press conferences or elsewhere about De Jong "not being ready", that "he should fit for a starting place like everyone else" etc. If there is any sanity left in his head, De Jong will be an undisputed starter, starting with San Mamés on Friday. He is already our best midfielder by some distance.

Arthur should not be far behind in the pecking order and should obviously start as well whenever ready.

It is crucial that De Jong and Arthur develop a chemistry as quickly as possible as they are the future unlike the likes of Rakitic, Busquets and Vidal. We can't keep playing 2 of those 3 from the start as often as was the case last season. I still have nightmares about that midfield at Anfield. After the horrible 0-0 draw at San Mamés MONTHS before that dreadful 4-0 defeat, I could never have imagined to see such a midfield against a high-pressing team like Liverpool even with Malmierda at the helm. However the sheer stupidity of Malmierda surprised me negatively again just like leaving out Dembélé in Rome. Talk about a nightmare.

Such as shame that Malmierda is our manager though. One can only imagine what the likes of Pep, Klopp and others could accomplish with that midfield duo.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

This guy is the Messi of central midfielders. Call me insane and easily emotional but that performance against Napoli was spectacular and highlighted everything that our midfield has been lacking for years. What a gem of a player and what a signing. Have to give praise to the board for this one despite my age-long opposition to them. Might be Bartomeu's best singing to date.

I don't want to hear Valverde make any excuses for De Jong or cryptic responses during press conferences or elsewhere about De Jong "not being ready", that "he should fit for a starting place like everyone else" etc. If there is any sanity left in his head, De Jong will be an undisputed starter, starting with San Mamés on Friday. He is already our best midfielder by some distance.

Arthur should not be far behind in the pecking order and should obviously start as well whenever ready.

It is crucial that De Jong and Arthur develop a chemistry as quickly as possible as they are the future unlike the likes of Rakitic, Busquets and Vidal. We can't keep playing 2 of those 3 from the start as often as was the case last season. I still have nightmares about that midfield at Anfield. After the horrible 0-0 draw at San Mamés MONTHS before that dreadful 4-0 defeat, I could never have imagined to see such a midfield against a high-pressing team like Liverpool even with Malmierda at the helm. However the sheer stupidity of Malmierda surprised me negatively again just like leaving out Dembélé in Rome. Talk about a nightmare.

Such as shame that Malmierda is our manager though. One can only imagine what the likes of Pep, Klopp and others could accomplish with that midfield duo.

Just watched the highlights of him from the Napoli game. So calm and collected on the ball, with awareness of whats round him and unreal confidence.

Can't wait to see him in action, link up play with Messi is gonna be outrageous.

Agreed he HAS to start, surely his price would justify him starting most games even if Valverde does want to try and make excuses to field his favourite Busi-Rakitic combo. But you never know with that idiot.

Highlights for anyone interested:

[youtube]eiInD6fvjyQ[/youtube]

xXKonan

Our CB's will be thrilled to finally have a Midfielder who is as dynamic and great defensively shielding them.

Instead of being left out to die when someone loses the ball. :lol:

Riordon

See him more of a Xavi and think he is better than the Xavi role. Can beat his man both with tricks and with pace. His best position is the Xavi position, not the DM. Even his defensive traits fit more the CM position as he is very aggressive and press a lot unlike other DM's.

VN10

See him more of a Xavi and think he is better than the Xavi role. Can beat his man both with tricks and with pace. His best position is the Xavi position, not the DM. Even his defensive traits fit more the CM position as he is very aggressive and press a lot unlike other DM's.

Frenkie better at CM than DM? I'd advise you to not sit backwards towards your TV-screen.

Riordon

Frenkie better at CM than DM? I'd advise you to not sit backwards towards your TV-screen.

Watched his games at Ajax too and thats my conclusion. He is way too good of a ballcarrier and dribbler to play as a DM as it restrict him. Even his defensive traits fit the CM position more as he tends to press and be very aggressive and thus leave space behind.

Zidane82

The truth is FDJ could probably play anywhere apart from keeper and not look too out of place ..

I’d give him a free role in midfield and just feed him the ball whenever possible or needed ... he’s always available and looks to either break forward or pass forwards ( exact polar opposite to Raki)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans