Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Lol, this guy is something else. Pep played some of his best football at City with fucking Delph as a fullback and he is saying that Semedo can't play in a system like that. :rofl1:

Delph - Danilo, better than Semedo and Alba. Starting fullbacks of Portugal and Spain. Jesus wept.

Gotta love BBZ showing us his insights regarding things he has no idea about.

Last edited:

jairzinho

If i'm not mistaken we brought Frenkie here mostly due to his performances for Ajax at pivot. Am i wrong or right ?

In his standout games last season against Real and Juve, he played as the deepest midfielder.

So, logically, is it fair to play him out of position and then bash him? He is not a b2b cm.

It's the same with AG. He is not a 9. But if and when he struggles there people will say he's shit.

mc_lovin

We transitioned as well as anyone can in midfield, really. But its too optimistic to expect Frenkie to come here and take over the midfield like he did at Ajax instantly. Midfielders arent like forwards, they need to find their role first and the team has to adapt to them as well. Right now I would be very content with him taking over Rakitics spot tactically. And I generally disagree with BBZs notion that Busquets, Frenkie and Arthur all have the same strengths. Thats very superficial. Arthur is tailor made for a classic CM role - hes mobile, technical and has the right height to navigate through tighter spaces. Frenkie and Busquets are different types as well. Frenkie is a much better athlet, which screams for him to play box to box next to Messi. At least until Busquets isnt considered starter material anymore.

I dont think most people get how lucky we were with finding Arthur first and getting Frenkie. Just compare that to Reals search in midfield.

serghei

Lol now some are acting as if De Jong was Matic at Ajax and he just can't cope with the advanced tactical requirements of someone as visionary as Valverde.

He ran the midfield against the best teams in the world. The problem is he doesn't have anything to run here since we have no midfield tactically.

BBZ8800

Lol now some are acting as if De Jong was Matic at Ajax and he just can't cope with the advanced tactical requirements of someone as visionary as Valverde.

He ran the midfield against the best teams in the world. The problem is he doesn't have anything to run here since we have no midfield tactically.

Again, if you were a coach.

Write me your lineup.
With Frenkie, Messi, Suarez, Griezmann.

We have no wingers.
Messi and Suarez aren't moving too much.

Write me your lineup for a 2nd half against Osasuna where they will park the bus.
Also, players were manually given chips in their brains so they will have all tactical knpwledge regarding movement from you and Pep.

Now, please, for once, write me that lineup and formation with our current set of players.
Against a parked bus, against a team who leads 1:0.
Evryone are fit and available.
Thanks

serghei

This guy would make Xavi to play like Cesc. To not stay in midfield but go up expecting service from the fullbacks. I swear he could.

BBZ8800

Lol, this guy is something else. Pep played some of his best football at City with fucking Delph as a fullback and he is saying that Semedo can't play in a system like that. :rofl1:

Delph - Danilo, better than Semedo and Alba. Starting fullbacks of Portugal and Spain. Jesus wept.

Gotta love BBZ showing us his insights regarding things he has no idea about.

Pep has 3 midfielders with technique, legs and movement.
He has 2 wingers with the same skills.
And 1 attacker.

All 6 players can pass, run, move, press, defend and score.

Busi, Raki, Rafinha can't do that.
Messi, Griezz, Dembele can't do that.

Griezz, Frenkie, Alba can do that.
Arthur also, according to our forum.
That is: 2 midfielders and 1 attacker who btw doesn't have a position here.

Now, make a lineup out of this United colors of Benetton, randomly assigned team.
Plus, whatever you do, forget tactics and 10s of passing options when all balls have to be passed to Messi.

With 3 Peps here, he would need years to do something out of this team and to change our moving and passing patterns.
Plus, he would need to sell Messi, Busi, Suarez and buy right players for his system.

Oh wait...
He has already done the same in 2008 with Ronnie, Deco, Edmilson and later with Yaya and Etoo.
He can't do wonders with any players.
He needs specific players.

Plus, his teams rarely had a clear superstar like Messi.
Maybe his team in 2012 stopped working because Messi turned into a top big superstar and a team lost 10s of passing options and started to look for him all the time?
Which is a catch 22.
You can't play without him.
And with him, you can never have a free flowing football with an unlimited number of passing options.

Please again.
Write your Pep's lineup with these players.

Last edited:

serghei

Vidal, Arthur, De Jong. Legs, experience, aggression, pressing, physicality, creativity, technique. Everything Pep wants.

Lol, Griezmann and Messi are actually the PERFECT Pep forwards. Messi would press the least but it can be done for sure.

Lol, all balls have to be passed to Messi with Retardo in charge. I thought we are talking about Pep.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Vidal, Arthur, De Jong. Legs, experience, aggression, pressing, physicality, creativity, technique. Everything Pep wants.

Man City played quite well with Fernandinho, David Silva and Gundogan last season when De Bruyne was out. Doesn't exactly scream athleticism that bunch, apart from Fernandinho.

Zinchecnko at LB, Kyle Walker at RB.

BBZ8800

Lol, Griezmann and Messi are actually the PERFECT Pep players. Messi would press the least but it can be done for sure.

I would dare to say that you would lack an attacking input over 50 matches.

What about the attack?
Would you play with 3 attackers standing in the middle in Griezz, Sukki and Messi?
You talked the other day about 60:40 or 70:30 defending through the middle against us.

So, basically, we would have 6 players playing in the middle.
Messi, Sukki and Griezz covering same area.
Not too much movement upfront.
No width from wingers.

Also, Osasuna would park the bus.
You didn't solve Frenkie's problem.
His heat map would still be similar against a parked bus.

Also, how would our attacks looked like against a parked bus?
Passing through the middle, with no wingers, till death?

And Messi would ruin, to some extent, all actions.
Basically, Osasuna would park the bus.
We would get around their box.
Every ball is passed to Messi.
And played on the ground through middle.
Repeat for 100 times.

Does this scenario looks THAT different from.a slow Eernieball?

It doesn't to me.

This is why I am giving you these obstacles.
To realize how many lightyears our team is from Pep's or Klopp's football.

BBZ8800

People actually believe Pep wouldn't have this squad playing at a completely different level. :lol:

Don't dumb it down.

I'll make it simpler. You will get it.

Ev's team is at a level of tactics 20/100.
Pep's team is at a level 100/100.

In order to have a level 100/100, you need:
1. A coach
2. Right players picked by a coach for every position
3. Right players who are young, can run and who are motivated

Pep at Barca and City bought/introduced 10 new players who were perfect for him.

So, Pep would lift this team to a level 60/100.
But if you want a 100/100 level, then Messi, Sukki, Busi, Raki, Dembele (dumb) and lots of others would need to go.

So, my point is:
1. Yes, Pep would improve this team
2. But only to a certain level. Let's say 60.
3. If you want a 90 or 100 level, you need 10 new players for his system.

Klopp also didn't create Liverpool out of 11 random players.
He bought half of their team.

So=a current set of our players will never play even close to Pep's or Klopp's level, due to:
1. We dont have Pep or Klopp
2. Our players are not a good fit for those styles
3. Messi ruining tactical setups, even though this sounds rude towards Messi.
In this moment, I guess that Pep and Klopp wouldn't want Messi in their team due to a poor movement and since their attacking patterns would be way more predictable (Messipendencia).
They would rather have weaker individuals with more passing options.
Than a superior individual who brings less passing options for a team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans