Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailor Mars

FDJ has outperformed Coutinho by miles.

Saying FDJ is no better than Coutinho is arguing in bad faith.

Coutinho is barely worth a quarter of what Barca paid. FDJ would likely recoup most if not all of his transfer fee.

Nazario1985

Think of him as a good player.

Think of Fati as a soon to be good player.

Stop thinking we have or will have a legendary player who will bang 40 goals a season for a decade, and make something from nothing on a regular basis.

Also FDJ will never renew for us if something galactically good doesn't happen in the near future.

Nor Fati will stay.

BBZ8800

What's your endgame BBZ? Should we just keep playing Pique, Busi, Roberto and Alba until they are 40? The rebuild has to happen. You are not adding any substance right now. At least point out the players you think we should sign to improve the team. Tired of your whining

I am ok with younger guys like Mingueza, Araujo, Gavi, Ansu.
Even though I am not as high on them as other guys.

I am fine with us being 4th on the table.

But I am tired of endless double standards for 7 years of reading the forum where a certain players:
1. young players
2. players who possess something from Barca DNA
3. La Masia players
4. all of these points together
= get an unreal level of hype and protection

To me, if 160m Coutinho is a flop, so is the next big thing 80m Frenkie.

A huge part of my whining is because I am pissed off by double standards.
** For example, I don't actually think that EV is that good, that Frenkie is that bad etc.
I never even disliked Pep before coming to this forum.

But some skills, players, coaches are treated in an unreal way here.
I am as equally as shocked by reading Barcaforum and protection of some sacred cows/favorite players as you are when reading those Twitter Young Cules accounts where Riki is the next big thing and the coach is murdered by subbing Gumbau Junior Nico.

BBZ8800

Coutinho is barely worth a quarter of what Barca paid. FDJ would likely recoup most if not all of his transfer fee.

That's because of Frenkie's age.
If Cou were 24-25, we would recoup a lot.

Their age aside and money recouped, Frenkie hasn't offered too much except endless running.

If he has, help me: what are his good traits except running and getting the ball into the opponent's half?

Sailor Mars

That's because of Frenkie's age.
If Cou were 24-25, we would recoup a lot.

Their age aside and money recouped, Frenkie hasn't offered too much except endless running.

If he has, help me: what are his good traits except running and getting the ball into the opponent's half?

Better at possession, retention, and protecting the ball(does not get muscled off like Coutinho). Better at making runs into the box. Better 1v1 defender(though FDJ isn't that good at marking and tracking his man, but still better than Coutinho).

You said that FDJ and Coutinho have both been flops. Coutinho has, FDJ has not been. FDJ brings something lacking to this team, Coutinho is a deadweight at the moment.

Your post in the Coutinho thread claiming FDJ's displays being the same as Coutinho's isn't merit-worthy. An argument in bad faith.

Last edited:

ItachiXXX

I am ok with younger guys like Mingueza, Araujo, Gavi, Ansu.
Even though I am not as high on them as other guys.

I am fine with us being 4th on the table.

But I am tired of endless double standards for 7 years of reading the forum where a certain players:
1. young players
2. players who possess something from Barca DNA
3. La Masia players
4. all of these points together
= get an unreal level of hype and protection

To me, if 160m Coutinho is a flop, so is the next big thing 80m Frenkie.

A huge part of my whining is because I am pissed off by double standards.
** For example, I don't actually think that EV is that good, that Frenkie is that bad etc.
I never even disliked Pep before coming to this forum.

But some skills, players, coaches are treated in an unreal way here.
I am as equally as shocked by reading Barcaforum and protection of some sacred cows/favorite players as you are when reading those Twitter Young Cules accounts where Riki is the next big thing and the coach is murdered by subbing Gumbau Junior Nico.

The devils advocate spitting gospels to forum de amigos :valverde:

ItachiXXX

Forum de amigos does not exist. Still in your head rent free. You literally log in once in a week just to post an identical post everywhere. Sad stuff

What's more sad is, that forum de amigos is in denial now. Love blaming other players but not their favorite hype players

MTL_Barca

BBZ being obsessed with Coutinho of a all players is the weirdest thing ever, but it adds some flavor to the barcaforum cinematic universe :lol:

Zidane82

Think of him as a good player.

Think of Fati as a soon to be good player.

Stop thinking we have or will have a legendary player who will bang 40 goals a season for a decade, and make something from nothing on a regular basis.

Also FDJ will never renew for us if something galactically good doesn't happen in the near future.

Nor will Fati will stay.

That just leaves us with Pedri and Gavi ...

cro-man

If i would describe his performances so far i would say he is just there. He doesnt offer anything special. He is just that type of player. Decent on many things but not great on anything.

jairzinho

He did pretty well during that win streak earlier this year. I think he was playing more as a libero iirc. Right now he's playing more as a b2b, which doesn't suit him necessarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans