Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givenchy

He's nowhere near the player people hyped him up to be but no doubt he'd do better in a functioning team. only thing I can think of to improve the situation is giving ten Hag the job but seems Newcastle might get him

Rory

Either get Ten Hag in or sell Frenkie. No point having a system player that cost 70m playing in the wrong system. He was just objectively bad today too in all honesty. Loose passes gifting them a dangerous chance. Shocking performance. Should be benched.

FinBarcelonafan

Either get Ten Hag in or sell Frenkie. No point having a system player that cost 70m playing in the wrong system. He was just objectively bad today too in all honesty. Loose passes gifting them a dangerous chance. Shocking performance. Should be benched.

Sadly we have no bench to bench him. SEriously zero options.

ArtistCatalunya

I'm not sure it's that. I think many talents from the Eredivisie tend to be early bloomers that don't improve much at all. Look at De Ligt. They said he was the potential best CB in the world and what do you know, he's not even a top CB in Italy..

The same Frenkie in a strong team like City would be something else

serghei

He was a disaster in the 2nd half IMO. But it's clear he is used as a jack of all trades that runs around trying to do stuff. He basically has no position.

fergus90

De Jong does not get in the City team, I know that seems like a shock for some but their midfield is just fine. The next coach must be a type to improve players and help him develop his game more. Otherwise you may as well cash in.

Nazario1985

He is no jack or anything.

He nearly gave a free goal to RM trying a stupid dribble. and through the whole match HAD zero idea how to move the ball forward unless Alba shout at him to give him the ball.

serghei

De Jong does not get in the City team, I know that seems like a shock for some but their midfield is just fine.

That's probably the best midfield in the world, and he'd probably get in after 1 year working with Guardiola. Wouldn't walk in it right away though, I agree.

Nazario1985

NO WAY Pep will keep with FDJ bullshit, if you can't move the ball forward and score if given the chance you have ZERO utility for Guardiola.

And you have to point a gun to pep's head to spend 70m for a player who can't do anything good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans