Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

He basically just carries the ball by running in open space nothing special about that, he has talent but it's not showing so far.

serghei

How delusional must one be to believe that this guy could get into a City, Bayern, Liverpool midfield.

They are not coached by Koeman. And have better teams with better players. This impacts the way 1 player will perform. Obviously. Let's not forget that when we signed him he was named best midfielder in CL in 2018-19.

Maybe he wasn't really the best, but he did play great in a better team with a better manager, so...

Nazario1985

They are not coached by Koeman. And have better teams with better players. This impacts the way 1 player will perform. Obviously.

Yes that's why he is still a started because of people like Koeman & Laporta with that weak ass bench.

Pep will never sign a guy like him, no guts andy

Devils

They are not coached by Koeman. And have better teams with better players. This impacts the way 1 player will perform. Obviously. Let's not forget that when we signed him he was named best midfielder in CL in 2018-19.

Maybe he wasn't really the best, but he did play great in a better team with a better manager, so...

Koeman is a terrible manager but I can't understand what this guy is good at. Can't dribble past opponents, can't make long range passes, can't do through balls, can't defend or tackle.

All I see is this guy holding the ball, running forward until he gets crowded by opposition players and then he opts to make a side or back pass becaue he can't do any of the thing I mentioned above.

Nothing player really.

serghei

Koeman is a terrible manager but I can't understand what this guy is good at. Can't dribble past opponents, can't make long range passes, can't do through balls, can't defend or tackle.

All I see is this guy holding the ball, running forward until he gets crowded by opposition players and then he opts to make a side or back pass.

Nothing player really.

He'd do well in Rodri's position.

De Bruyne - De Jong - Bernardo. I think that would work pretty sweet personally. Don't think it would be anywhere similar to how De Jong performs for us. Would almost be unrecognizable.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

He'd do well in Rodri's position.

De Bruyne - De Jong - Bernardo. I think that would work pretty sweet personally. Don't think it would be anywhere similar to how De Jong performs for us. Would almost be unrecognizable.

That's midfield with 2 offensive midfielders.

Frenkie, who is himself questionable in defense, needs a partner at a pivot position or someone like Rakitic to babysit for him.
De Bruyne or Bernardo won't help him and they'll get killed on counters.

You are still in a denial about Frenkie.

We got tricked by Overmars and Ajax.
Ajax is like Dinamo Zagreb: making their players look like magicians in their system and selling them for 300% inflated prices.

Frenkie, Donnie, De Ligt, all of them look like a shadow of themselves from Ajax.
Probably none of them will ever again play even close to Ajax days.

It could have been worse, imagine if we paid 180m for Frenkie-De Ligt magical duo for the future as lots of our fans dreamed of.

Messigician

Frenkie, who is himself questionable in defense, needs a partner at a pivot position or someone like Rakitic to babysit for him.

Ajax is like Dinamo Zagreb: making their players look like magicians in their system and selling them for 300% inflated prices.

Frenkie, Donnie, De Ligt, all of them look like a shadow of themselves from Ajax.

It could have been worse, imagine if we paid 180m for Frenkie-De Ligt magical duo for the future as lots of our fans dreamed of.

reality is becoming clear

ziyech flop
de ligt flop
luuke flop
dnny flop
blind flop
fdj flop
tadic was a flop and doing well for ajax

its a con league folks dont do business with them

serghei

Nah, De Jong is solid defensively, but he's used as an offensive player at Barcelona. It's offensively where he lacks impact. Defensively he can work very well. Guy did his best playing as a CB at Barca, so don't know what you are talking about saying he's questionable defensively.

jamrock

Not for nothing I said the same re all the Ajax players failing so far a few weeks ago & tend to believe it's true.

olivis

All I see is this guy holding the ball, running forward until he gets crowded by opposition players and then he opts to make a side or back pass becaue he can't do any of the thing I mentioned above.

Nothing player really.

He needs a quality controlling midfielder beside him.

Imagine him sharing a midfield with Kimmich and De Bruyne.

Kimmich behind him, De Bruyne in front, then FdJ can make his verticle runs perfectly.

ajnotkeith

Many clubs employ this system. They know how to hide their star players weaknesses in easier leagues and showcase them. Sancho who stacked up goals and assists for fun with Dortmund made MU spend 80 mil on him for him to get benched a few games in.

Even Luuk De Jong scored 20+ goals in that trash league and he flopped every time he left there, coincidentally. Benched and thrown out in Gladbach, benched and thrown out in Newcastle, Benched and thrown out in Sevilla and now benched and thrown out in Barca. Somehow he scored 25 goals in one season there.

So did Depay. But outside there he flopped with Man U and was a pen merchant with Lyon who mostly assisted rather than scored goals. It is a very deceiving league which is easy to get stats in.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sell him if you want, but it doesn't matter if they bring in Kessie, Tchouam?ni or someone else.

As long as you have a clueless manager like Koeman any player you bring in will underperform.

Not like we're likely getting any of that top talent anyway with no money, a shit project and all the other issues surrounding the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans