Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windhook

I'm not keen on the idea of selling him, knowing that all Barca players thrive, perform better in their national teams under Lucho or Frank De Boer/Van Gaal. It has to be something about Koeman's approach.

serghei

I mean look at Man Utd.

They have some very good players, but Solskj?r is way out of his depth. There's no system, no cohesiveness. They win purely on individual brilliance. As did Barca, but we barely have that individual brilliance left which is why our games tend to be stale and boring and we struggle to score and win.

Koeman is way out of his depth just like OGS.

At this point, the better question would be is do we sack him now and pay him or risk a potential disaster season? I am convinced Pimienta would do a better job as caretaker.

ajnotkeith

I'm not keen on the idea of selling him, knowing that all Barca players thrive, perform better in their national teams under Lucho or Frank De Boer/Van Gaal. It has to be something about Koeman's approach.

I don't think international football tells you a lot about players alone tbh. Proven to be a very unreliable indicator of who is good or not. Different pace of football with vastly different systems. Players barely spend any time together as opposed to club level so different characteristics are important.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
At this point, the better question would be is do we sack him now and pay him or risk a potential disaster season? I am convinced Pimienta would do a better job as caretaker.

Pimienta is never returning to Barcelona under Laporta.

Laporta said his football wasn't consistent with La Masia.

Richard.H

I mean look at Man Utd.

They have some very good players, but Solskj?r is way out of his depth. There's no system, no cohesiveness. They win purely on individual brilliance. As did Barca, but we barely have that individual brilliance left which is why our games tend to be stale and boring and we struggle to score and win.

Koeman is way out of his depth just like OGS.

The thing is we don't really have a squad anywhere as good as Man Utd's. Maybe in two-three years we if Fati and the other youngsters reach high levels.

serghei

Pimienta is never returning to Barcelona under Laporta.

There was some piece of news that said he'd be open to do it.

The thing is we don't really have a squad anywhere as good as Man Utd's. Maybe in two-three years we if Fati and the other youngsters reach high levels.

This could be interpreted as even more of a reason to make sure you at least compensate for that lack of squad quality with a better manager.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Which is why it's even more important to have a great manager who can squeeze the maximum out of this squad.

@serghei I managed to squeeze in the extra info about Pimienta. Laporta publicly said that his football wasn't consistent with that they want grassroot/La Masia wise. I don't think they even consider him as a caretaker manager.

Messigician

just get xavi and be done with it

YOLO

top 4 for a few years is whatever as long as we arent fkn boring playing hoofball to luuke

JamDav1982

Pimienta had by far biggest budget in what was worse than third tier level and still couldnt win league to get promoted.

There is always B team coaches and la masia coaches folk over rate then they vanish with no top jobs once leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans