Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_lovin

We are jumping the gun because of one rather shit source. We need to see how Frenkie looks under Xavi first.

Unless it's a choice between Frenkie and having an actual front line, but I think our finances will be okay next summer. So no need to open up another massive hole.

Daisymorr

Selling FDJ would not be given the go ahead by Xavi, only the board would do this if it was absolutely necessary to get the cash. I dont believe they will sell unless that.
They would need to have someone else lined up to go in because you cant expect Gavi and Pedri to play game after game without rotaion.

Would like to see what Xavi can do with a midfield trio of Gavi, Pedri & FDJ.

Raki13

Comedy gold in this place , no chance Pep would want him near Man City and hes never worth what the crazy media are reporting either.

Neeraj

+1000

I remember when people were happy to sell neymar as we could improve our squad with the 222 mio and get better than with Neymar. Yeah, well spent on Dembele and Coutinho :iniesta:

While your point stands true, one of the cardinal sins of decision making is letting outcomes dictate your evaluation of a decision.

It was, even with hindsight, the right decision to let Neymar go for ?222M. Absurd amount of money for a player who let's face it, has gone downhill and would most likely have continued his downward spiral with us as well. That we then blew it in the worst series of transfers in the history of the sport is another unrelated and pathetic decision, which we should hope to never again emulate.

But back to the point, yeah, given that as a club I just don't think we have a mature decision making team on transfers, even though Barto is gone, and thus I wouldn't trust them to make good use of the money either. Let's see if Xavi has any impact on getting some good transfers in, but that is highly unlikely. He's been in Qatar, I doubt he knows much about young talents in Belgium or Germany.

Windhook

Sensational transfer rumors appear even before Xavi's first game. Unbelievable!

Frenkie has been in a poor form this season so far, not enjoying current times at Barcelona it seems. Hope Xavi will develop Frenkie's game, so far at Barca he's worked with managers who were clueless of club philosophy regarding tactics. As long as Messi was on the pitch it was all good, someone to save your ass.

mc_lovin

Mingueza: “The team stopped relying on the idea [under RK] and everyone was trying to fix their own things. We weren't good - individually or collectively. When the dynamics aren’t good, everyone does what they can but we didn't believe in what we wanted either..”

Pretty damning quote and exactly how the team felt under Koeman. Everyone was minding their own business. We will see whether Xavi can introduce a collective idea, which is quite frankly what players like Frenkie need.

serghei

Mingueza: ?The team stopped relying on the idea [under RK] and everyone was trying to fix their own things. We weren't good - individually or collectively. When the dynamics aren?t good, everyone does what they can but we didn't believe in what we wanted either..?

Pretty damning quote and exactly how the team felt under Koeman. Everyone was minding their own business. We will see whether Xavi can introduce a collective idea, which is quite frankly what players like Frenkie need.

Yeah, was pretty obious we had no idea what we were supposed to play. Good or bad, we will see a plan with Xavi, some consistency in tactics from game to game.

FinBarcelonafan

Mingueza: “The team stopped relying on the idea [under RK] and everyone was trying to fix their own things. We weren't good - individually or collectively. When the dynamics aren’t good, everyone does what they can but we didn't believe in what we wanted either..”

This has been the case for some time. It was mostly about the individual brilliance of certain players who kept our heads high or kept us at least on some level.

Barca hasn't been a team since the 2016 season really.

He is totally right.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

While your point stands true, one of the cardinal sins of decision making is letting outcomes dictate your evaluation of a decision.

It was, even with hindsight, the right decision to let Neymar go for ?222M. Absurd amount of money for a player who let's face it, has gone downhill and would most likely have continued his downward spiral with us as well. That we then blew it in the worst series of transfers in the history of the sport is another unrelated and pathetic decision, which we should hope to never again emulate.

But back to the point, yeah, given that as a club I just don't think we have a mature decision making team on transfers, even though Barto is gone, and thus I wouldn't trust them to make good use of the money either. Let's see if Xavi has any impact on getting some good transfers in, but that is highly unlikely. He's been in Qatar, I doubt he knows much about young talents in Belgium or Germany.

Hmm i party disagree with your second paragraph. Yeah he became worse with PSG but mostly because of the injuries as in ligue 1 he got huge amount of tackles which he got a lot less in la liga. In 17/18 and 18/19 he was still on his top level and lets be honest, with him we would have won the cl in 17/18 and/or in 18/19. But i agree that the money should have been better spent because then we could have really upgraded us and would be maybe still on the top.

Bobo32

Hm he both needs it but also is one who doesn't really need it.
Gavi, Puig, Busquets, Nico, Pedri, Roberto are all in more need of a functioning system around them, they will look much better with similar minded players around them, set up in a functioning way, and will actually look poor sometimes if the system doesn't work.
Frenkie could still shine to an extent in Cowboys wild "system", he scored a few goals in one part of the season and was mostly able to solve his situations in all games.
Frenkie needs some guiding and the right instructions, but I think he might find it tough to be that obvious regular starter when Xavi gets the team working. I think he'll need to improve then, and Xavi might be the one able to make him improve.

I agree with Mingus analysis btw, and if people remember I said about the same thing at that period when the results were pretty great.

Birdy

Mingueza: ?The team stopped relying on the idea [under RK] and everyone was trying to fix their own things. We weren't good - individually or collectively. When the dynamics aren?t good, everyone does what they can but we didn't believe in what we wanted either..?

Reading the quote carefully, he does not say that under Koeman there was no 'idea', but that at some point the players stop trusting and relying on the 'idea'.

There is a significant difference there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans