Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Gavi is hotter prospect than Pedri imo. I have more uneasiness over Pedri plateauing and not progressing much than about Gavi. But in general, I'm optimistic that our young midfielders and Xavi guiding them will reap great benefits.

Easily most exciting part of the team is Xavi teaching them the art of midfield dominance. If these guys develop and click together, while showing hunger and training hard, we'll be a difficult team to deal with in 2-3 years.

Do not underestimate how hard it is to play against an elite possession team that actually runs and presses at the level of the opposition for 90 mins. I did the same mistake thinking in form and tenacious Italy would handle Lucho's new-gen Spain with relative ease at last Euro, but they were passed around and dominated.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Gavi is hotter prospect than Pedri imo. I have more uneasiness over Pedri plateauing and not progressing much than about Gavi.

Have to wait and see and they are different.

Gavi better at picking ball up and driving on while more aggressive but in last couple Spain games they looked a bit toothless from midfield without Pedri in the final third trying to open up the game.

If too similar it is win/win anyway as make big money selling one.

serghei

Have to see how much more tenacious could Pedri get in the next year or so. The thing that is bringing him down quite a bit imo is his mellowness. He's technical, but soft and slow. Gavi is technical as well but braver as you said and tenacious, visibly faster too. That gives him an edge over Pedri in terms of potential at CM.

JamDav1982

Pedri isnt soft he just has more of that languid style and it can help him being relaxed on the ball.

Soft players dont come into Barca and Spain and do what he has at 17/18.

There is a bravery to take the ball in the areas he does knowing some of the biggest/toughest players in opposition are in there and ready to smash him. But takes it every time regardless.

Will need to get sharper with his movements at times but he will always be that more languid player in comparison to likes of Gavi and dont want them being too similar anyway.

mc_lovin

The funny thing for me is that Gavi looks much more like and advanced interior compared to Pedri (let's say like Iniesta to Xavi), but the latter is definitely the better winger from what I have seen :S

serghei

Pedri isnt soft he just has more of that languid style and it can help him being relaxed on the ball.

Soft players dont come into Barca and Spain and do what he has at 17/18.

There is a bravery to take the ball in the areas he does knowing some of the biggest/toughest players in opposition are in there and ready to smash him. But takes it every time regardless.

Will need to get sharper with his movements at times but he will always be that more languid player in comparison to likes of Gavi and dont want them being too similar anyway.

Yea, his model should be a player like Bernardo. I think he can aspire to be that type, a bit more midfield-oriented than Bernardo, but still, Bernardo does appear slow as well, but finds a way to beat players who are stronger and faster than him with near-immaculate ball control. Pedri needs to continue to work on his technique more. Something like a mix of Iniesta and Bernardo.

serghei

The funny thing for me is that Gavi looks much more like and advanced interior compared to Pedri (let's say like Iniesta to Xavi), but the latter is definitely the better winger from what I have seen :S

He does look more CM, I agree. Pedri should move in an AM position I think, but needs to develop some areas. I think he proved at the Euro that he does have a final pass more than any of our starting midfielders.

SmilerBam

Pedri, Gavi,Nico...all of them are so overrated, De Jong is our best midfielder by far, he just needs a better coach imo. Hopefully, Xavi will be that coach.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
As Wolfe said one day, Frenkie kinda seems like a hardcore idealist. I doubt he would want to leave even if we are trophyless in the next 2 years.

Although Barcelona are in a need of money and may be open to sell him, Frenkie de Jong does not consider leaving the club. His objective is to succeed as a Bar?a player. [sport]

malvolio

As Wolfe said one day, Frenkie kinda seems like a hardcore idealist. I doubt he would want to leave even if we are trophyless in the next 2 years.

Although Barcelona are in a need of money and may be open to sell him, Frenkie de Jong does not consider leaving the club. His objective is to succeed as a Bar?a player. [sport]

he really is an idealist. good for him, hardly any players are these days.

seems to love the city, the club. learned the language. has respect for what the club represents and its legends.

i highly respect him for that and its a pity things didn't turn out the way we imagined.

Horatio

You're welcome

Also man and his girlfriend fell in love with the city.

Zidane82

#ManCity plan to add Frenkie De Jong to Pep Guardiola?s 'core plans', and have made a ?formal proposal? to Barcelona of ?90M.

[@fichajesnet via @Sport_Witness]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans